Elites should be removed from all non Heroic/FP/Operations missions

Having to explain to a ten year old, let alone getting her brother to help her, that its not too hard doesn't cut it anymore. She; and for the most part her brother; are playing because games are supposed to be fun. While some will think ten is young with proper supervision the game is fine, she sees worse on cable and hears worse as school. That out of the way, far too many missions are stymieing her simple because of the elites involved. Her brother would never admit any problems but he is a bit more stubborn so eventually pushes his way past most if.

What I am getting to is that if she stops playing most likely the rest of us will too. She wants to do her character by herself (if I have to explain why you don't know young ladies) . While we can and do play together at times its a matter of timing. Leaving Christmas vacation and my timimg will be wholly different from theirs. There just isn't a point to the heroic mobs in the normal missions. They are only frustrating and not helping the story along. Of the four of us she does not do missions unless prodded but she will control the fate of four accounts.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you all try tackling them together? also, a good trick is to use med packs and stims. as for removing them altogether, it would sadden me to see this happen, i like the challenge, sometimes if i can't do a mission cause its too hard, ill skip it and do some others until i level once or twice (i know u said they dont skip, but they wouldnt skip even for a few hours?)

I can sympathize with your issue here. And i do understand the issues of having a young daughter that enjoys playing with dad or family. My daughter got her start on city of Heroes.

the only suggestion I can give you is try to work with her on it. the way I did it was not while playing with my daughter, I sat nearby and did other things and when she ran into an issue she would get me to come over and help her out. Not doing it for her but coaching her on how to deal with them. Eventually she did get the hang of it. It took a while but my daughter did it down about using certain abilities at certain times, it just takes some coaching and patience.

Good luck and hope this helps a bit. And also be prepared for people to come in the thread and have screaming fits.

Edited by Shadow-Fire

Having to explain to a ten year old, let alone getting her brother to help her, that its not too hard doesn't cut it anymore. She; and for the most part her brother; are playing because games are supposed to be fun. While some will think ten is young with proper supervision the game is fine, she sees worse on cable and hears worse as school. That out of the way, far too many missions are stymieing her simple because of the elites involved. Her brother would never admit any problems but he is a bit more stubborn so eventually pushes his way past most if.

What I am getting to is that if she stops playing most likely the rest of us will too. She wants to do her character by herself (if I have to explain why you don't know young ladies) . While we can and do play together at times its a matter of timing. Leaving Christmas vacation and my timimg will be wholly different from theirs. There just isn't a point to the heroic mobs in the normal missions. They are only frustrating and not helping the story along. Of the four of us she does not do missions unless prodded but she will control the fate of four accounts.

The whole point of elites is provide group challenge. Now, I understand you said "non-Heroic" but ALL FP should be considered heroic.

Running up against an Elite in a slay X goons mission can be jarring, I agree, but you have to utilize all the skills your character has. Also, make sure you are not under-leveled.

Difficulty is such a subjective thing. I think the game is too easy as it is now. I'm not asking for an increase in difficulty based on my one user experience.

Instead of asking for a nerf in difficulty, why not encourage her to keep at it? As always, in terms of hobbies, practice makes perfect.

Sounds like you are trying to force a young child to play one of the hardest types of games that exist.... MMOs aren't really designed for the casual, purposefully. And because you want to get a 10 year old girl to play, you want them to make the game easier to save 4 accounts? I think they will respectfully decline that option thus saving a half a million accounts. There are other games you should probably enjoy as a family, and not even suggest they make the game easier, people have been killed for less.

Try like Super Mario Galaxy or Wii Sports or something.....

and on top of that you are speaking to a group of people that can solo elites at or well above thier own characters level...

Edited by Midnight_Malice

Sounds like you are trying to force a young child to play one of the hardest types of games that exist.... MMOs aren't really designed for the casual, purposefully. And because you want to get a 10 year old girl to play, you want them to make the game easier to save 4 accounts? I think they will respectfully decline that optiion thus saving a half a million accounts. There are other games you should probably enjoy as a family, and not even suggest they make the game easier, people have been killed for less.

Try like Super Mario Galaxy or Wii Sports or something.....

and on top of that you are speaking to a group of people that can solo elites at or well above thier own characters level...

Where as I love MMOs, this isn't the hardest genre. MMOs are the bottom of the barrel for skill level needed to be good.

FPS, RTS, Fighting Games... most other genres require more skill to be good than an MMO.

I've seen what happens when you take someone who's an amazing raider and PvPer and then dump them into an RTS game. They're generally worthless because they can't multi-task enough.

So you want to dumb down the content for the rest of us adults who meet the recommended age for the game just so your 10 year old daughter can play unassisted? Rather than expect your son to help, maybe YOU should help and not ruin the game for everyone else.

I love the elites in normal solo quests. They add a dimension of toughness and add a bit of realism storywise, since the final boss of any quest must be much better than the regular mobs. If all quests are tuned to the lvl of 10 year olds, the adult players would be bored.

IF they nerf the game down to a the lvl of a 10 year old then I would not be playing. I didn't play clone wars because it looked like it was aimed for a younger audience.

WoW has pandas and pokemon though.. I don't want to play wow anymore either.