6.0 Character transfer special

fushnchips

It might be nice if they had a "transfer" sale, but I don't see any reason why it would necessarily be associated with the release of 6.0 - unlike a server merger, there's no particular reason for people in general to want to transfer to a different server because of 6.0. Edited by JediQuaker

It might be nice if they had a "transfer" sale, but I don't see any reason why it would necessarily be associated with the release of 6.0 - unlike a server merger, there's no particular reason for people in general to want to transfer to a different server because of 6.0.

Not that this thread was specifically asking, but I did want to let you know that there is a plan to have a sale on some character stuff like renames and probably also transfers when we get closer to launch. It is still a bit away and I don't have exact timing, but we will be sure to give you some notice (a week or so) before it goes live.

Thanks!

-eric

They might want to get all their alts on one server if Bioware drops it to 90cc again, in anticipation of 6.0. Much cheaper than $10 a character now. It's simply related to 6.0 because Eric related it to 6.0 above. Maybe there's a guild on a certain server they want to consolidate alts to for 6.0. Free name changes.... etc.

It might be nice if they had a "transfer" sale, but I don't see any reason why it would necessarily be associated with the release of 6.0 - unlike a server merger, there's no particular reason for people in general to want to transfer to a different server because of 6.0.

speak for your self I know lots of people that want to send toons away from servers because the server is complete garbage.

speak for your self I know lots of people that want to send toons away from servers because the server is complete garbage.

That's bull. The servers are NOT garbage. It's the vocal player minority that you're referring too.

There is plenty of players on each server that are nice, quiet, drama free & don't say much, just play the game.

That's bull. The servers are NOT garbage. It's the vocal player minority that you're referring too.

There is plenty of players on each server that are nice, quiet, drama free & don't say much, just play the game.

Agreed, all servers have toxic players, all servers have good, helpful players on. I personally think that SS is by far the worst though as I play on all of them. To a degree that it's worth transferring of because of a few toxic players? bad yes, that bad not by a long shot.

Then again I don't speak French or German so if gen chat was full of toxic players I wouldn't know on there servers. SS out of the English specking servers would be more accurate for toxic players.

Personally I hope there is no sale on transfers all that will lead to is less servers in the long run. So players saying they want to move because there server has a few toxic players on won't help them, when that now low population server is removed and they join the one everyone moved to. |Plus anyone who has a lot of character will lose out yet again long term as they did last time.

Edited by KoriVash

Agreed, all servers have toxic players, all servers have good, helpful players on. I personally think that SS is by far the worst though as I play on all of them. To a degree that it's worth transferring of because of a few toxic players? bad yes, that bad not by a long shot.

Personally I hope there is no sale on transfers all that will lead to is less servers in the long run. So players saying they want to move because there server has a few toxic players on won't help them, when that now low population server is removed and they join the one everyone moved to. |Plus anyone who has a lot of character will lose out yet again long term as they did last time.

^True!

You bring up a very good point also. IF they do a server transfer, a LOT of the toxic players will mass move their players over to SF. Which in turn then makes SF more toxic, and while I'm not an RPer, that does not bode well for them as they already have trouble with trolls & harassment.

I vote no on the server transfer sale for sure, for that reason alone. (Besides it's already heading that way as a lot of the more toxic ones transferred to SF for ranked last season.)

No server will be safe from toxicity unless a game decides to put in serious game monitors & really bans the repeat trouble makers.

I think it comes down to the content you play. If you are a pvper, there are some server that are better than others and some have turned to garbage.

I know SF reg pvp is now total garbage. Wether all the other servers are the same, I don’t know, I have heard that DM is better.

^True!

You bring up a very good point also. IF they do a server transfer, a LOT of the toxic players will mass move their players over to SF. Which in turn then makes SF more toxic, and while I'm not an RPer, that does not bode well for them as they already have trouble with trolls & harassment.

I vote no on the server transfer sale for sure, for that reason alone. (Besides it's already heading that way as a lot of the more toxic ones transferred to SF for ranked last season.)

No server will be safe from toxicity unless a game decides to put in serious game monitors & really bans the repeat trouble makers.

Yes and No.

There will be mass moves around and yes the toxic players will be amongst them. But most of those toxic players are already on SF now. They just rerolled alts or paid 1000 CC’s. You only need to look at gen chat or play pvp to see them. It’s why I have gen chat now permanently turned off.

If you go to SS, you’ll see no difference between the servers, if anything, SS is more quiet since a bunch of them have left it and there are definitely less people now on SS than on SF.

I think the pvp transfers you will see the most of, will be serious pvpers moving from SF to DM. Only us poor APAC saps or west coast pvpers with too much lag will stay on the US servers. There are also less people playing from the west coast and APAC.

I honsrlty don’t think you will notice any difference in toxicity on SF from the sale. The only thing you will notice is more retuning people due to the expansion and some transfers. There will of course be toxic people who also come back to the game and that may increase the toxicity across all the servers.

The sale is happening. It’s not an if. Musco has already said it will be happening.so nothing we say here matters.

I also think that SS will end up being the quieter server.

I do agree that Bioware need to do something about policing the toxicity in the game.

Yes and No.

There will be mass moves around and yes the toxic players will be amongst them. But most of those toxic players are already on SF now. They just rerolled alts or paid 1000 CC’s. You only need to look at gen chat or play pvp to see them. It’s why I have gen chat now permanently turned off.

If you go to SS, you’ll see no difference between the servers, if anything, SS is more quiet since a bunch of them have left it and there are definitely less people now on SS than on SF.

I think the pvp transfers you will see the most of, will be serious pvpers moving from SF to DM. Only us poor APAC saps or west coast pvpers with too much lag will stay on the US servers. There are also less people playing from the west coast and APAC.

I honsrlty don’t think you will notice any difference in toxicity on SF from the sale. The only thing you will notice is more retuning people due to the expansion and some transfers. There will of course be toxic people who also come back to the game and that may increase the toxicity across all the servers.

The sale is happening. It’s not an if. Musco has already said it will be happening.so nothing we say here matters.

I also think that SS will end up being the quieter server.

I do agree that Bioware need to do something about policing the toxicity in the game.

I always thought the serious pvpers would move to SS instead of DM if they are from NA because of latency but I may be wrong.

Here's hoping for a transfer special! Hoping to update the other server with all the legacy unlocks from those cool specials we had a couple of months ago.

Plus, I've never played on SS, so should be fun checking it out.

Hopefully my guild doesn't disappear, though.

Hopefully my guild doesn't disappear, though.

Just do not transfer the GM toon that holds the guild & your guild will be fine, if you're the GM.

If you're referring to people transferring out, not all will.

In fact in the past week, for the first time really, my small pub guild has seen an increase in members. Quite a few returning players. So SS isn't as dead as people want to make it.

• 2 weeks later...

If there is a transfer sale and you want to support this game I would highly recommend moving some alts (and maintaining said alts) to Satele Shan - particularly if you are on Star Forge, whose population numbers are inflated due to RP.

Having played on Satele Shan for the past summer thru the month-long double event I have found that a case could be made that server's population is almost equal to Star Forge's if the strictly RP element was excluded.

As a Florida resident who plays during East Coast USA's late night, early morning hours - I've found that there is enough of a APAC presence (who are 12 hours ahead of us) to have frequent queues for 8v8 pvp matches, Flash Points, and even Story Mode Operations.

Satele Shan is more casual with just enough toxicity to be interesting.

Support the game.

Support Satele Shan.

Edited by jimmorrisson

If there is a transfer sale and you want to support this game I would highly recommend moving some alts (and maintaining said alts) to Satele Shan - particularly if you are on Star Forge, whose population numbers are inflated due to RP.

Having played on Satele Shan for the past summer thru the month-long double event I have found that a case could be made that server's population is almost equal to Star Forge's if the strictly RP element was excluded.

As a Florida resident who plays during East Coast USA's late night, early morning hours - I've found that there is enough of a APAC presence (who are 12 hours ahead of us) to have frequent queues for 8v8 pvp matches, Flash Points, and even Story Mode Operations.

Satele Shan is more casual with just enough toxicity to be interesting.

Support the game.

Support Satele Shan.

I found the opposite. Was playing on SF for most of the summer and surprised how easily the pops came for pvp and FPs. Granted, that was during 2xp, but it was still a significant change from SS. I don't notice any particular toxicity on either server - if you don't like toxic players, stay away from fleet and capital worlds on all servers - but given a sale I would definitely move several chars from SS to SF.

SS, despite its problems, is still my home server and i have a lot of stuff unlocked there, but not so many server slots. I'd like to make some room and dump some chars I don't play anymore on to SF.