Concealment: Regstars, Reglegends. Snave - The Movie

snave

Hello fellow operatives.

Some of you may know me, most of you wont. I'm The Gosh Darn Snave and I've tried to be as vocal as possible other the last year or so about the continued poor treatment of this class (specifically concealment) and the PvP community in general.

I've always wanted to make an overly dramatic end game concealment video to try and show case the class whilst being called a noob by everyone on the forums but currently it's not looking like we're going to be in any arena compositions for a while and the removal of 8 man ranked was really the final nail in that coffin.

So that got me to thinking, it took a while, but I decided to make a different type of video, the regstar call to arms.

We once roamed the battlefields as the silent killers, we were feared, loved, loathed, we stun locked keyboards and made people un sub. Those are our glory days, that is our heritage!

Then of course we got nerfed into the dust but let us not dwell on that during this glorious moment!

If you think concealment is the most fun spec in the game but decided to re roll a healer because they're more competitive (*COUGH* overpowered *COUGH*) then this is really for you. Let us unite and become the scourge of regular warzones where (as this video will hopefully show) the skill cap is a "little" lower.

This isn't a guide on how to play, this is me having fun for 10 minutes. Please make sure your tongue is firmly in your cheek before watching and I'd also recommend pre administering a pinch of salt. Oh and naturally make sure it's in HD :)

If the link is removed for whatever reason (some mild swearing) then go to youtube.com/snave1208 and it'll be the most recent one.

Edited by snave

Hello fellow operatives.

Some of you may know me, most of you wont. I'm The Gosh Darn Snave and I've tried to be as vocal as possible other the last year or so about the continued poor treatment of this class (specifically concealment) and the PvP community in general.

I've always wanted to make an overly dramatic end game concealment video to try and show case the class whilst being called a noob by everyone on the forums but currently it's not looking like we're going to be in any arena compositions for a while and the removal of 8 man ranked was really the final nail in that coffin.

So that got me to thinking, it took a while, but I decided to make a different type of video, the regstar call to arms.

We once roamed the battlefields as the silent killers, we were feared, loved, loathed, we stun locked keyboards and made people un sub. Those are our glory days, that is our heritage!

Then of course we got nerfed into the dust but let us not dwell on that during this glorious moment!

If you think concealment is the most fun spec in the game but decided to re roll a healer because they're more competitive (*COUGH* overpowered *COUGH*) then this is really for you. Let us unite and become the scourge of regular warzones where (as this video will hopefully show) the skill cap is a "little" lower.

This isn't a guide on how to play, this is me having fun for 10 minutes. Please make sure your tongue is firmly in your cheek before watching and I'd also recommend pre administering a pinch of salt. Oh and naturally make sure it's in HD :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wOM2LaxC1Y

If the link is removed for whatever reason (some mild swearing) then go to youtube.com/snave1208 and it'll be the most recent one.

Many of you know me, many of you don't...

Many of you hate me, many of you well... n/m everyone hates me.... Especially George Zoeller. I was going to make a fairwell video to show everyone WHAT REAL concealments used to be like before they were healers;

So this is a tribute video to a class that has been abused, nerf'd, and ill-treated by both Bioware and the community.

I'm sorry if you take offense to the comments in this video; But I personally don't care. This is how real Concelaments/Scrappers used to play this game in PVP.

I used to get 15 hate tells a day; I quit playing IA back in 1.3 which was the final nail in the coffin for me. Incidently I have not nor will I play this class ever again, until things change;

The ONLY ef'ing reason I resubbed was for the space content Dec 3rd 2013; Bioware is finally doing what I told them to do BEFORE the game was ever launched. They failed to listen to me coming from 5+ years of space PVP in SWG (A REAL star wars game). And yes, I was one of the top 5 space pvp'ers in that game. The "entire" game. across many servers; I was known as Grmipala for those that know me, and for those that despize me; But I used to server transfer constantly to challenge the top space PVP'ers in the game... I was sorely disappointed in the last year of the game, because anyone who had any skill had already quit. Yes I do miss that game, even my most notorious enemy "Corvalis" despite how much hate I had for this person, and him for me... I still appreciate his determination to keep flying when all the other veterans gave up on the game save a very few that stuck it out till shutdown.

My name is Haymaker (the original Haymaker from beta not the tool who stole my name after server mergers); and yes, on my server at this time; I was THE #1 Concealment Operative on Darth Bandon and anyone who knows me can attest to that fact up until 1.3.

Lastly,

Screw the roll, we never needed it

Screw the energy fix, we never needed it

Screw utility, we never needed it

Screw defensive CD's, we never needed it.

Give us our efing damage back, and that's all "REAL" concealment/scrappers need to survive.

(Revert our damage back to pre 1.2 standards and give us our backstab CD back) And I promise you people will fear/hate this spec like they used to.

With that, Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spaYIgyr0E0

Edited by Ahebish

Lastly,

Screw the roll, we never needed it

Screw the energy fix, we never needed it

Screw utility, we never needed it

Screw defensive CD's, we never needed it.

Give us our efing damage back, and that's all "REAL" concealment/scrappers need to survive.

(Revert our damage back to pre 1.2 standards and give us our backstab CD back) And I promise you people will fear/hate this spec like they used to.

With that, Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spaYIgyr0E0

A video from pre 1.2 from a player who gave up on the class? I'll refer you to the first 30 seconds of my video :)

Hello fellow operatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wOM2LaxC1Y

This was the most entertaining swtor pvp vid I've seen in awhile. Nice job.

A video from pre 1.2 from a player who gave up on the class? I'll refer you to the first 30 seconds of my video :)

My post was not a ditch at you; It was an agreement post with you. And no this is pre 1.3 footage which was when this class lost all respect as a DPS class. If you refer back to posts of the time they were no longer Raid Capable, and were considered nothing more than gnats in PVP that presented little to no threat to anyone.

Despite the people who continued to play the class.... since I quit, all I have read from people on these forums is exactly what I said would happen.

Noone listened... and I sit back and giggle when I read post after post after post after post about how broken the DPS spec is.

I hate to be the one to say this;

I told you this would happen.

And noone listened, noone supported me when I was the loudest voice against the nerf's. Now, you all made your bed, you get to sleep in it.

Not me.

Edited by Ahebish

Loved it, editing was excellent, dat huttball roll intercept

Oh trust me the thought of directing this towards you and justmonies was there originally. In fact the original plan was to have your name tags above the people sitting around the table in the batman scene but my video editing skills are really really bad so it looked terrible.

I was also going to dedicate the last song to a certain player too but decided the whole video worked better without pointing fingers and calling names, which is a first for me I think.

Really glad you enjoyed it though, praise from Caesar indeed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did you delete the video?

EDIT: Oh, apparently it's a copyright claim.

Yeah unfortunately it was removed, I was going to re-upload it but not sure if that will get my account closed.

Honestly, if you want to dps as an op you may be better off going lethality. At least lethality can "Theoretically" kill its target. Concealment can't even do that. It simply lacks the damage. Lethality is very bad, concealment is unplayable.

I don't even play any more so I would direct you to any of my podcasts where I clearly explain why I don't like lethality as a spec, play what ever makes you happy until wildstar comes out.

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to make a new topic so I'll post this here. I've been asked by a few players to make a movie for 2.6 and a general guide on how to play concealment, considering the influx of bad concealment operatives I've seen this week a guide would probably be helpful

What I wanted to ask was, what type of footage do people want to see? For both a guide and movie let me know what you want and I'll see if I can deliver something.

Didn't want to make a new topic so I'll post this here. I've been asked by a few players to make a movie for 2.6 and a general guide on how to play concealment, considering the influx of bad concealment operatives I've seen this week a guide would probably be helpful

What I wanted to ask was, what type of footage do people want to see? For both a guide and movie let me know what you want and I'll see if I can deliver something.

I think some 1v1 tactics against different classes would help a lot of people. You still see a lot of people spaming tech attacks against shrouded assassin and stuff like that.

What I think the God Damn Snave is really good at in normals is kiting like a pro and keeping several people busy at a node, without dying instantly, so some tricks in this regard and some general tactics on utilizing the maps would be probably have great educational value.

Special topics like sweat spots for lolroll especially in huttball could interesting to.

And in general maybe just the general tactical behavior of a concealment operative in a wz or arenas (especially how you managed to kill me in ranked :p).

tag team ninja capping needs also to be included, since there are still so many stealthers that basically ruin it, by just doing something stupid.

and probably some parts on how to node guard properly in terms of positioning, dealing with resolve and interupting caps.

That is quite a lot, but I definitely agree, from what i have seen in the last few days, some people really need to learn the basics.

Thanks for the feedback.

For the movie it's going to be shameless self promotion with me killing bads and being a reglegend, I'll try to incorporate some decent play if possible :)

I've uploaded quite a lot of games to my twitch channel in the last week, most of them are labelled with what warzone it was so feel free to have a nose around those and tell me how much I suck. If there are any particular games where people would like a commentary just let me know and I'll do that too. It's only talking so shouldn't be hard.

For the guide side of thing, I'm definitely going to make a lolroll guide soon, pretty much have all the footage I need but in the meantime I present to you all the preview poster to Snave the movie 2: 12 years a Snave

http://i3.minus.com/itw6k5dHGfYoh.jpg