Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Event Pre-registration is now live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Event Pre-registration is now live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ld-Siris
04.07.2015 , 04:55 PM | #21
Are we allowed to talk about Marauders during the cantina event?

ActionMan
04.07.2015 , 05:07 PM | #22
Can we pretty please get an Austin event for our local fans? I tried to get you guys on board with my Baustin Cantina when the first one was canceled.
I can't prove it but I can say it- Stephen T. Colbert

zargonei
04.07.2015 , 06:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
How about throwing a bone to the player base that is not able to attend such events like EU players, as well? We can't get rewards cause we don't have the assets to travel thousands of miles.
The mount gives the person 5 codes for others. Then those 5 individuals get 5 more codes and so on. It will get to everyone eventually.

baldylox
04.07.2015 , 08:23 PM | #24
really REALLY wish you all had planned this better and not conflicted with any panels. i know thats probably been hard to do with reedpop sucking balls at their scheduling of events and yours was picked long long ago anyway. but seriously. shift this an hour and do 8-11 i dont want to miss this event, but really wanna see JAT/Hamill
<Rancor Bait>
Baldylox Sniper - Lascivo Jugg
Quixos Sin - Kopfeldjager Merc

Baldylox Twitch TV

Shader
04.08.2015 , 06:47 AM | #25
So let me get this right... If I pre-register but can't attend for some reason, I get nothing? I have to be actually physically there inorder to validate the code?
"Space reserved for witty one liner. Check back later."

horatio_picard
04.08.2015 , 07:16 AM | #26
I registered, but I want my girlfriend to attend with me. Is she going to be turned away since she's not a player? If so, I'll just give my spot up to another player right now. Please let us know ahead of time because I don't want to waste my time trying to get in.
Dramatis PersonŠ - Bergeron Colony
Kelmon <> Sith Warrior TANK , Viona <> Commando TANK
Lizbeth <> Bounty Hunter DPS , Pra'xis <> Agent DPS
Edom <> Smuggler DPS , Lenor <> Smuggler Healer
Evet<> Agent Healer , Zantiva <> Knight DPS

baldylox
04.08.2015 , 07:59 AM | #27
Your GF can go, but she cant use the "pre-reg" line.
<Rancor Bait>
Baldylox Sniper - Lascivo Jugg
Quixos Sin - Kopfeldjager Merc

Baldylox Twitch TV

HyperEwok
04.08.2015 , 09:54 AM | #28
Will there be any way to pre-register whatever sort of plus one may be attending Celebration with us, if they don't have a SWTOR account? Also, how will registration be verified once we arrived at the event?

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.08.2015 , 10:33 AM | #29
Does this:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I wanted to tell you about our new Cantina pre-registration page! You can find the page and some more details on it here. However, let me give you the TLDR on the perks of pre-registering for our Cantinas:
  • If you pre-register and attend the Cantina, you are eligible for a pre-registrant exclusive swag drawing!
  • If you pre-register and then redeem that Cantina exclusive pack code, you will receive an additional in-game reward.
  • Pre-registrants will get priority access to the Cantina (you get in first!)
  • Note: RSVPing on Facebook does not count as pre-registering, you must do it through this new page.
You can also see all of our currently planned Cantinas for the year listed there as well. We will update those with the specifics of each event as we have it! Thanks everyone, see you at the Cantina.

-eric
Have anything to do with this:
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhesus_TOR View Post
Please offer these for sell on the cartel market at some point. There are only hundreds of thousands of player who will never have the time, opportunity, convenience of location, or means to visit a cantina tour event.
First, we have no plans to introduce any of our Cantina exclusive items to the Cartel Market. That being said, as part of our ongoing improvements to Cantina's, our new mounts are going to work completely different than how our pets have in the past.

Without going into detail yet, even if you don't go to an event there are definite ways to get the mounts! We will be talking details on this when we do our next livestream which we should be announcing the date for soon.

-eric
My original assumption was yes, but responses like this:
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Also, I believe there is one design flaw:

Anyone can get the mount from a friend without having to attend the cantina, so players will just pre-register for all the cantina tours this year, which makes the whole pre-registration kind of pointless.
On our side of things the code you redeem if you attend, vs the the link you share afterwards are two different things. Meaning pre-registering and redeeming the code from attending is the only thing that will count for the extra reward!

-eric
Seem to contradict that.

Please answer if this pre-registration is a way to get the in-game items 'even if you don't go to an event'. If not can you please share if that feature is still coming or not.

InAMirrorDarkly
04.08.2015 , 02:11 PM | #30
Seems pretty simple. If you pre-register AND attend then you get the mount PLUS "extra reward". If you fail one (or both) of those criteria then you will have a way to get the mount but not "extra reward".