Archon Hutt and that darned Droid he's in!

DarkCrossing

As a newer player I've managed to stumble my way though the game up to level 55. I am now at a most aggravating and frustrating quest, fighting Archon and the Isotope Droid he's in.

Been in there 6 times already and all I've accomplished is several ways to die! :mad: I've read elsewhere you kill the feeder droids, put rods in a generator and you'll be able to defeat Archon. I fought those feeders many times, but don't have any rods and where the heck is this generator I'm supposed to destroy?! I started this quest with a full head of hair and about 30% of it I've pulled out! Help me before I go completely bald! :eek: :eek: :eek::D :D

Oh, one other thing I noticed in this quest and haven't really noticed before. I've not been getting any XP when destroying the bad droids and guys out side that Archon green quest nor the feeder droids inside. According to the XP meter at the bottom of the screen I'm only 1 point from 56 and it gets no higher.

Been a long time since I fought Archon but I had thought I just basically DPS facerolled him with a tank comp but yeah maybe there were mechnics involved, I had more trouble with the isotope droid you fight earlier on from memory.

However to your second part and the lack of exp is it because you are ready to level to 56 but haven't bought the SOR expansion? To level beyond 55 you need to own SOR else you will get the situation you are currently getting.

Edit: since I'm feeling nice http://dulfy.net/2013/04/07/swtor-makeb-mission-guide/ has a pretty detailed guide on Archon, just search in page for Archon

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Killing the droids as they come out drops a component which you are to collect , then run past the boss, and behind him you will find small cubical's which are normally shielded off, the boss is kinda sitting down at this point not really doing much because he has run out of energy that he would have otherwise gotten from the droids (*did I forget to mention you have to interrupt as many as you can?). Anyway you do this twice breaking both generators which are as I said in the shielded cubical's behind the boss which then allows you to finish him off.

Generators are on the walls inside, do not spend forever in there as the shield will go up trapping you inside, "run in , right click the wall, run out"

Or get some friends and SMACK HIM DEAD.

[quote

However to your second part and the lack of exp is it because you are ready to level to 56 but haven't bought the SOR expansion? To level beyond 55 you need to own SOR else you will get the situation you are currently getting.

Edit: since I'm feeling nice http://dulfy.net/2013/04/07/swtor-makeb-mission-guide/ has a pretty detailed guide on Archon, just search in page for Archon

Thank you for the info. :) Yes according to my XP bar at the bottom of the screen I'm 1 point away from leveling to 56. I wasn't aware I needed to get the expansion to continue.

If you are still having trouble, try pushing the Archon down the hall. The further away you get him the longer it takes the droids to get to him. Unless they have changed it, if you get him far enough down the hall the droids will quit trying to get to him.

Thanks to all for all the "tips" for this quest. I found another poor frustrated soul, or they found me, and together we were able to dispatch this miserable droid in just a matter of a few minutes. In fact it was so fast I didn't realize the thing was destroyed. I thought it was just "resting!" :eek: I was able to keep the feeder droids "entertained" with my lightening show while my team mate did all the heavy work. I must say this person was very helpful and after me warning this was the first time I'd teamed on this MMO he/she didn't blink an eye, just invited me and off we went! :):D :D

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
i am middle level 56 Sith inquisitor assassin and I can't kill this guy/ I grabbed one power rod but the room behind the boss has a red force field in front of it and dies grabbing the second power rod. I can't beat this guy on my own, Anyone out there want to team up to team up. Otherwise i am stuck.

i am middle level 56 Sith inquisitor assassin and I can't kill this guy/ I grabbed one power rod but the room behind the boss has a red force field in front of it and dies grabbing the second power rod. I can't beat this guy on my own, Anyone out there want to team up to team up. Otherwise i am stuck.

Which server are you on?