When will this be fixed, I would like to see high res textures all the time

Falkenlurch

Check this picture - look at the chest piece - that's what I'm talking about. I have all settings to absolute maximum + forced antialiasing. The textures outside the cutscene are still just medium-resolution:

http://i.imgur.com/caYTY.jpg

Check the picture, it explains the problem better than my bad english.

Hehehe.Don't u learned it's one of the 100.000.000.000 bugs that ruin this game.

The fps are horrible in this game in balmora i play at 35 fps on gtx 580 sli.This is called

MFORPG=massive fail online role playing game.(forget the world massive the game is not massive at all but for the fail it suits perfect)

Hehehe.Don't u learned it's one of the 100.000.000.000 bugs that ruin this game.

The fps are horrible in this game in balmora i play at 35 fps on gtx 580 sli.This is called

MFORPG=massive fail online role playing game.(forget the world massive the game is not massive at all but for the fail it suits perfect)

I recall an issue with crossfire/SLI, not sure if it got fixed. Try using 1 card. I use a Radeon HD 5750 and I have been able to travel to all the planets ive been to (lvl 38 so far on Hoth) with around 60fps and no drops.

Maybe I am less affected by eye candy than most... but yes I can see a difference. No, it is not a big enough difference for me to ***** and complain about.

Kinda like DVD vs Blu-Ray. The PS3 does a phenomenal job of up-converting, and I once did the same comparison of a shot from Band of Brothers on DVD and a friends Blu-Ray I barrowed... it looked much like this. The small differences were there, but the cost difference in buying the series on DVD vs Blu-Ray was not worth the small extra bit better it looked.

I feel the same way on this... the textures are nice, but I would rather my frame rate and fluidness of the game work better, than seeing high res textures all the time...

Just sayin.

Edited by mrdmdstar

For me it's a big deal. If you like blurry, fine. I don't. And the game runs 90+ fps here. So fps is no issue. It just want the OPTION. You can still have your med-res textures if I can enable high-res on my client. Edited by Falkenlurch

Go ingame > press escape > click on preferances > go the the graphics tab > Look at the advanced colum > find the option "Conversation Depth of Field".

It kinda explains the difference.

No it's about the textures. Check the fine details on the chest piece - compare - check again. That's what I'm talking about. Not about blurring the background and foreground during converstations. That's something completely different and not my issue.

For me it's a big deal. If you like blurry, fine. I don't. And the game runs 90+ fps here. So fps is no issue. It just want the OPTION. You can still have your med-res textures if I can enable high-res on my client.

Eh? So let me get this straight... the left pic, the armor does not look as good, but the background does... it is no cut scene.

The right pic, the armor and character face looks sharper, but the background doesn't... THIS is what you are complaining about?! You know in movies (See cut scene example) not EVERYTHING can be in focus at the same time... I am going out on a limb here... but this COULD be what they are trying to do as well... it's a movie type cut scene...

Edited by mrdmdstar

No it's about the textures. Check the fine details on the chest piece - compare - check again. That's what I'm talking about. Not about blurring the background and foreground during converstations. That's something completely different and not my issue.

By blurring the background, the camera focuses on what is on the foreground. By doing this they can take away the anti-analising on the background and apply a increased amount on the foreground. Also by taking away the background they can increase the quality of the texture on the foreground.

I doubt it is a actual texture change. It probably is more a change in how the engine renders the textures/objects/characters for a while. The game would look better if this was done all the time, but then many people will get hardware problems.

I feel the same way on this... the textures are nice, but I would rather my frame rate and fluidness of the game work better, than seeing high res textures all the time...

Just sayin.

Then feel free to run around with medium textures once they're fixed. Some of us would really enjoy seeing the game in all it's glory and it's a valid topic.

The same with Blu-Ray, you may be happy with upconverted DVD's, but for a lot of us Blu-Ray really blows us away (not to mention the increase in quality of sound).

Honestly, if you can't even see the difference in the OP's pic (look at the armor), there's really no hope for you.

Edited by VicSkimmr

hahahah oh your soooo clever.... /sarcasm off

FPS are fine for me, and I run a gtx 580 SLI as well. Maybe the problem is on your end? ^^

It's easy to complain about a game sucking so badly if you don't even know the real cause of your issue. Until you do, save the bitterness.

Then feel free to run around with medium textures once they're fixed. Some of us would really enjoy seeing the game in all it's glory and it's a valid topic.

The same with Blu-Ray, you may be happy with upconverted DVD's, but for a lot of us Blu-Ray really blows us away (not to mention the increase in quality of sound).

Honestly, if you can't even see the difference in the OP's pic (look at the armor), there's really no hope for you.

Reading comprehension is not your thing, eh? Show me where I said I did not see the difference....

I forgot how all that detail when I am in a WF really matters... if you play in FP view, then there is really no hope for YOU, and you must play on a PVE server, because when I am crapping trains in WFs, that detail on armor, is not noticed, nor does it matter.

Enjoy your Mom's basement.

Eh? So let me get this straight... the left pic, the armor does not look as good, but the background does... it is no cut scene.

The right pic, the armor and character face looks sharper, but the background doesn't... THIS is what you are complaining about?! You know in movies (See cut scene example) not EVERYTHING can be in focus at the same time... I am going out on a limb here... but this COULD be what they are trying to do as well... it's a movie type cut scene...

The background in the cutscene is blurred because of the depth of field filter. That's not a problem, that's intended to focus the attention to the character. The probleme here is the texture detail of the person.

Either you are trolling or you don't want to see what he means there. Seriously, do you even know what a texture is?

Let me spell it out for you, this picture is *NOT*, I repeat, *NOT* about the blurred background. It is about the details on armor, look at those silver triangles (buttons, whatever) on the chest an how blurred their outlines look. On finer detailed textures the same effect will mean you do not see finer meshes at all. This may not be as disturbing here, but imagine for example a chainmail blurred like that and it will look just plain grey.

The problem is also not that the game looks absolutely horrible or unplayable as it is, people complain about the sloppy programming that causes one of the most important quality toggles not to wok at all and the devs unability to fix that.

Edited by Korevas