Want to hear suggestion of TOR fanfic

Slowpokeking

The Chancellor said Master Seros made it personal, that is exactly what he used to describe the case.

Yes I see you understand she could ignore morality on individuals, then why is she using Malgus to have a child so bad and out of her character?

I believe he meant personal to the Republic but not to Satele Shan.

Why would she be using Malgus? Why does it HAVE to be Malgus? Why not another Jedi? Is it not possible that Dark Sidedness could be inherited? That it is something so ingrained into Sith blood that one eventually succumbs?

And why would Malgus allow her? Why does Malgus want to shag this Jedi woman rather than kill her and weaken the entire Jedi Order?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I see you understand she could ignore morality on individuals, then why is she using Malgus to have a child so bad and out of her character?

Would Satele have a child with Malgus if that was the only way to end the war? I think she would. But the idea of such an act ending an intergalactic war by itself is ridiculous. Yes, Satele has a flexible morality, and she would do morally questionable things if she had a good reason, but there is NO reason for her to have a child with Malgus. She would go against the Order and what is right if the ends would justify the means for her. One powerful child would not be worth such a breach when she could just have a child with another Jedi instead.

I can see how Satele isn't the nicest person, but it seems from what I know and what you've said that she hates the Sith, and would do anything to stop the empire. If that's the case, WHY would she have a child with a sith? If she wants a powerful force sensitive child, why not use another powerful Jedi? Also, her supporting Revan now makes no sense. If the father of her child was a Sith, her son would be killed too. Did you think of that?

Because like the prequel era, Jedi in her era didn't permit affection and love, Satele Shan's mother was exiled by the council because she had romance with others and gave birth to Satele. It's hard to find some Jedi who is as powerful as Malgus, permit such thing and keep it as secret.

Revan himself is once Sith, and she could easily ask him to make a exception of her son.

Malgus was about to kill her, after she gave birth to her child but Satele found out and escaped.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Because like the prequel era, Jedi in her era didn't permit affection and love, Satele Shan's mother was exiled by the council because she had romance with others and gave birth to Satele. It's hard to find some Jedi who is as powerful as Malgus, permit such thing and keep it as secret.

Revan himself is once Sith, and she could easily ask him to make a exception of her son.

From my understanding, having children isn't against the Jedi teachings, just being in love. I can see Satele having a child with another Jedi with neither of them being in love. I see that as FAR more likely than her and Malgus having a child.

Would Satele have a child with Malgus if that was the only way to end the war? I think she would. But the idea of such an act ending an intergalactic war by itself is ridiculous. Yes, Satele has a flexible morality, and she would do morally questionable things if she had a good reason, but there is NO reason for her to have a child with Malgus. She would go against the Order and what is right if the ends would justify the means for her. One powerful child would not be worth such a breach when she could just have a child with another Jedi instead.

Would the arrest/death of the bounty hunter end the war? No. But it would deliver a blow(not really huge) to the Empire, even though the BH is not a imperial. Same thing with that, a powerful individual could strengthen the republic and the Jedi Order or even turn the tide, like her ancestor Revan and the Exiled. And it would not really hurt anyone.

I already explained why didn't she pick Jedi on the previous post.

From my understanding, having children isn't against the Jedi teachings, just being in love. I can see Satele having a child with another Jedi with neither of them being in love. I see that as FAR more likely than her and Malgus having a child.

They don't have a harsh discipline against sex but children is different because children would carry strong affection(especially to the mother) and it's almost unavoidable, it's hard to believe powerful Jedi in that era would agree to do so. Unless the Sith, the Jedi usually could not resist love, they could only forbid to try to stay away from it.

Edited by Slowpokeking

They don't have a harsh discipline against sex but children is different because children would carry strong affection(especially to the mother), it's hard to believe powerful Jedi in that era would agree to do so.

It's harder to believe that Satele and Malgus would have a child. You asked for advice, we gave it, but it's obvious to what seems like every other person who has posted that this fic idea would break canon. If you don't want to follow our advice, don't follow it, but I think the answer the majority has given you rings loud and clear.

It's harder to believe that Satele and Malgus would have a child. You asked for advice, we gave it, but it's obvious to what seems like every other person who has posted that this fic idea would break canon. If you don't want to follow our advice, don't follow it, but I think the answer the majority has given you rings loud and clear.

Well Malgus is not a big problem if he was just using Satele Shan. Satele Shan is the problem and since people played different class storyline, we have different opinion on her. Fine, then I asked about

1. If you want to remove this relationship, do you have any idea to let Satele Shan to meet Nox in imperial base without bringing any Jedi or Republic troopers?

2. Plot advice after Satele's capture(also stated in OP)?

Fine if you think Satele would never do such thing then give an idea to let her get captured, or just ignore it and give advice about what happens next. I don't know why people are still arguing about her relationship with Malgus.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Well Malgus is not a big problem if he was just using Satele Shan. Satele Shan is the problem and since people played different class storyline, we have different opinion on her. Fine, then I asked about

1. If you want to remove this relationship, do you have any idea to let Satele Shan to meet Nox in imperial base without bringing any Jedi or Republic troopers?

2. Plot advice after Satele's capture(also stated in OP)?

Fine if you think Satele would never do such thing then give an idea to let her get captured, or just ignore it and give advice about what happens next. I don't know why people are still arguing about her relationship with Malgus.

Malgus is a big problem. Satele would be the one carrying his child. Why would he risk giving the Jedi such a powerful tool? As for questions 1 and 2. No, I don't have ideas for your fic. It is not my job to have ideas for your fic. That is your own responsibility. It's part of being a writer.

Malgus is a big problem. Satele would be the one carrying his child. Why would he risk giving the Jedi such a powerful tool? As for questions 1 and 2. No, I don't have ideas for your fic. It is not my job to have ideas for your fic. That is your own responsibility. It's part of being a writer.

That was not his plan, his plan was

1. Fill the child with the power of the Dark Side after the intercourse.

2. Wait till Satele Shan gave birth to the child then take the child, either kill Satele or turn her to the Dark Side

but Satele Shan found out Malgus filled the child with darkness and escaped before the child was born.

I will give more detailed later.

Edited by Slowpokeking

How is that even possible?

I can only assume they mean after conception, which means that Malgus/Satele would have to be really lucky that one time or Malgus follows her around for about two months.

And they need nothing bad to happen and for the Dark Side energy not to induce a miscarriage.

I can only assume they mean after conception, which means that Malgus/Satele would have to be really lucky that one time or Malgus follows her around for about two months.

And they need nothing bad to happen and for the Dark Side energy not to induce a miscarriage.

Yoda once said Padme was strong with the Force, not sure is it because her intercourse with Anakin.

Ok I made the plan about the plot after Satele Shan's capture, Nox exchanged apprentice with the Emperor's Wrath temporarily and tried to torture Satele Shan and ask her about those Jedi's crimes under her eyes. When she was having emotional flow, Revan showed up and Nox tried to hold Satele as hostage, ask Revan to fight her without using the power of the Dark Side. Since Revan had not been used full light side for a long long time so he wasn't fight well at first, when Nox was about to win, his rage outburst and knocked Nox away but realized he rely them more than the Light Side. Then Dromund Kaas was under attack, other council members called Nox to assemble, Nox used energy field to hold Revan and Satele, asked Jasea and Khem Val to watch them before she left.

So, now it's Satele, Nox, Revan, the Emperor's Wrath, Jaesa and Khem Val?

Look, I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve but it seems that you already have a story in mind so, why don't you write it down and post it? See what happens.

Edited by Selentar

So, now it's Satele, Nox, Revan, the Emperor's Wrath, Jaesa and Khem Val?

Look, I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve but it seems that you already have a story in mind so, why don't you write it down and post it? See what happens.

Because it require translation.

This - and I can offer this info as well. Writing a Jedi parent who's still a part of the Order is hard and very unpleasant. The parent basically has to force him or herself not to be attached, which is more or less unnatural. It can be a good source of drama but it can also be really difficult to write. Again, that's why I suggested a lower-ranking Jedi like a padawan.

Obsessed with Satele much? :cool:

Writing can be scary. You put your thoughts and ideas down and then show them to other people. Sometimes they like what you've done, sometimes they hate it, sometimes they don't care. It's a risk, and you can't know for certain that people are going to like what you wrote till you put it out there.

My advice: Stop asking for advice and go write YOUR story :)

Obsessed with Satele much? :cool:

Writing can be scary. You put your thoughts and ideas down and then show them to other people. Sometimes they like what you've done, sometimes they hate it, sometimes they don't care. It's a risk, and you can't know for certain that people are going to like what you wrote till you put it out there.

My advice: Stop asking for advice and go write YOUR story :)

Seriously, I don't like most of the SW female characters(I like Satine I don't know why), especially female Jedi/Sith because they stuck with their code too much and lost charisma of women. Part of the reason I got the idea of the crossover is I don't think any SW women really fit Dooku, someone with such power, wealth, influence and charisma.

But through the ugh...conversation with you guys I found Satele Shan could be a very interesting character to write about. Also many ideas of my current plot came from the ugh...conversation with you guys.

BTW that Chiss was actually female, just using cloaking device to seduce her.

But through the ugh...conversation with you guys I found Satele Shan could be a very interesting character to write about. Also many ideas of my current plot came from the ugh...conversation with you guys.

If you don't like talking with us so much, why do continue to ask for our opinions?