What are feats exactly?

DrFaroohk

An accomplishment basically. When we are talking about characters there are two things to discuss. One is feats, the other is accolades.

Accolades are what sourcebooks or other characters say about a specific character, feats are what they've actually done.

They go hand in hand. Feats reinforce accolades and accolades can make feats better.

For example: Fisto has the accolade of being one of the best swordman the Jedi Order ever produced, and he proves that with his feat of beating TCW Grievous.

An the other side: From the top of my head Kenobi doesn't have the same accolade that Fisto has, but he has feats of beating or contending with people have similar accolades. Darth Maul for example was said to be one of the best sith duelist, Dooku said to be equal to Windu and Yoda (who have better accolades than Fisto), Grievous the best jedi killer, Anakin Skywalker the Chosen One etc. And he's beaten most of them in a duel.

An accomplishment basically. When we are talking about characters there are two things to discuss. One is feats, the other is accolades.

Accolades are what sourcebooks or other characters say about a specific character, feats are what they've actually done.

They go hand in hand. Feats reinforce accolades and accolades can make feats better.

For example: Fisto has the accolade of being one of the best swordman the Jedi Order ever produced, and he proves that with his feat of beating TCW Grievous.

An the other side: From the top of my head Kenobi doesn't have the same accolade that Fisto has, but he has feats of beating or contending with people have similar accolades. Darth Maul for example was said to be one of the best sith duelist, Dooku said to be equal to Windu and Yoda (who have better accolades than Fisto), Grievous the best jedi killer, Anakin Skywalker the Chosen One etc. And he's beaten most of them in a duel.

Did you use the Fisto example because I posted before you? :D

Tempted to debate you on this but....... Fisto would stomp Shaak Ti, who in turn would stomp Kenobi. :jawa_evil:

Ti would stomp even harder.

*cough* Makashi *cough*

PS: If you want you can open a thread for Kenobi vs Fisto for the two of us to debate ^^

Edited by cs_zoltan

I can't decide which would be worse.....

Zoltan's right though, the best way of improving is simply to practice. I think I proved quite significantly after my tournament on ComicVine.

Hell, I was joking about the 2v1, but if you don't feel comfortable debating solo, you could always partner up :o

Zoltan's right though, the best way of improving is simply to practice. I think I proved quite significantly after my tournament on ComicVine.

Hell, I was joking about the 2v1, but if you don't feel comfortable debating solo, you could always partner up :o

Don't worry I knew you were joking. :D

The reason I don't debate (seriously) on Fisto is that while I know his limits, I also know I can ignore them. If there is ever another tournie on the forums I might join in (I sometimes read CV but that's about it) but for now I'm sticking to odd debates here and there. In addition I have a myriad of fools to beat in Conquest. :jawa_evil:

When I think of feats I imagine something in a game like KOTOR. +1 to stealth and demolitions or something.

However when I read a lot of VS threads people mention feats. So and so's feats in the books or something. What exactly do they mean?

It's a tool of comparison used by some people in ''vs'' threads.

I think its use and effectiveness is limited because characters are not faces in a trade card game.

Edited by Kaedusz