Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are feats exactly?

DrFaroohk
11.20.2015 , 12:13 PM | #1
When I think of feats I imagine something in a game like KOTOR. +1 to stealth and demolitions or something.

However when I read a lot of VS threads people mention feats. So and so's feats in the books or something. What exactly do they mean?

PadsterPwns
11.20.2015 , 12:18 PM | #2
Feats are basically things of note that characters have done, achieved or experienced. For example, Yoda's best dueling feat is disarming Darth Sidious in their Senate duel.

cs_zoltan
11.20.2015 , 12:45 PM | #3
An accomplishment basically. When we are talking about characters there are two things to discuss. One is feats, the other is accolades.
Accolades are what sourcebooks or other characters say about a specific character, feats are what they've actually done.

They go hand in hand. Feats reinforce accolades and accolades can make feats better.

For example: Fisto has the accolade of being one of the best swordman the Jedi Order ever produced, and he proves that with his feat of beating TCW Grievous.
An the other side: From the top of my head Kenobi doesn't have the same accolade that Fisto has, but he has feats of beating or contending with people have similar accolades. Darth Maul for example was said to be one of the best sith duelist, Dooku said to be equal to Windu and Yoda (who have better accolades than Fisto), Grievous the best jedi killer, Anakin Skywalker the Chosen One etc. And he's beaten most of them in a duel.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

PadsterPwns
11.20.2015 , 01:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
An accomplishment basically. When we are talking about characters there are two things to discuss. One is feats, the other is accolades.
Accolades are what sourcebooks or other characters say about a specific character, feats are what they've actually done.

They go hand in hand. Feats reinforce accolades and accolades can make feats better.

For example: Fisto has the accolade of being one of the best swordman the Jedi Order ever produced, and he proves that with his feat of beating TCW Grievous.
An the other side: From the top of my head Kenobi doesn't have the same accolade that Fisto has, but he has feats of beating or contending with people have similar accolades. Darth Maul for example was said to be one of the best sith duelist, Dooku said to be equal to Windu and Yoda (who have better accolades than Fisto), Grievous the best jedi killer, Anakin Skywalker the Chosen One etc. And he's beaten most of them in a duel.
Did you use the Fisto example because I posted before you?

cs_zoltan
11.20.2015 , 01:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PadsterPwns View Post
Did you use the Fisto example because I posted before you?
I used Fisto, because Kenobi would stomp him even though Fisto has better accolades

PadsterPwns
11.20.2015 , 01:18 PM | #6
I used Fisto, because Kenobi would stomp him even though Fisto has better accolades
Tempted to debate you on this but....... Fisto would stomp Shaak Ti, who in turn would stomp Kenobi.

cs_zoltan
11.20.2015 , 01:19 PM | #7
Tempted to debate you on this but....... Fisto would stomp Shaak Ti, who in turn would stomp Kenobi.
Ti would stomp even harder.

*cough* Makashi *cough*

PS: If you want you can open a thread for Kenobi vs Fisto for the two of us to debate ^^

PadsterPwns
11.20.2015 , 01:25 PM | #8
Ti would stomp even harder.

*cough* Makashi *cough*

PS: If you want you can open a thread for Kenobi vs Fisto for the two of us to debate ^^
*cough* beat GG *cough*

I'm not doing that, I fancy living a few more years. Besides I've got conquest.

cs_zoltan
11.20.2015 , 01:27 PM | #9
I'm not doing that, I fancy living a few more years. Besides I've got conquest.
Lol, you'd learn from it though. I improved a lot after my first solo debate.

PadsterPwns
11.20.2015 , 04:08 PM | #10
Lol, you'd learn from it though. I improved a lot after my first solo debate.
Honestly I think that it would be interesting. I was going to suggest Fisto vs Ti instead but you could spam the Makashi argument.