Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Starship Stats Collection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Starship Stats Collection

raandomname
05.10.2015 , 10:59 AM | #21
Everybody who is familiar with them will probably agree that the armaments given for the Liberator and Bulwark Mk III Cruiser in Star Wars Rebellion are way too large for their size. Id thus suggest just dividing the armament numbers by 3.
Liberator Cruiser:
- Current armament: 240 heavy turbolasers and 200 ion canons
- Proposed armament: 80 heavy turbolasers and 60 ion canons
Bulwark Mk III Cruiser:
- Current armament: 1250 turbolasers and 600 ion canons
- Proposed armament: 400 turbolasers and 200 ion canons
I know that this is a direct contradiction to these ships' canon stats, but there is no debating that their current armaments are too large and imho it is a waste to ignore these two awesome ships just because we are unwilling to go against the sources.

raandomname
05.23.2015 , 02:52 PM | #22
Am I really the only one interested in this?

Silenceo
05.23.2015 , 05:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by raandomname View Post
Am I really the only one interested in this?
It certainly interests me, but I do not have enough data to put forth suggestions for some of the vague ships.

For example, the Harrower has often been compared in the Kaggath to a Victory class star destroyer in terms of firepower, though that is of course not 100% accurate. That said, I am curious as to other OR ship stats, such as for the Terminus-class destroyer or Gage-class transport.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

raandomname
05.24.2015 , 03:34 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
It certainly interests me, but I do not have enough data to put forth suggestions for some of the vague ships.

For example, the Harrower has often been compared in the Kaggath to a Victory class star destroyer in terms of firepower, though that is of course not 100% accurate. That said, I am curious as to other OR ship stats, such as for the Terminus-class destroyer or Gage-class transport.
Well thats the thing we dont have the data, but why should we not try and us our own imagination?
If you have an idea, just throw it into this thread and then we can all discuss it together.

Silenceo
06.07.2015 , 09:58 PM | #25
Might as well suggest it here since I do not want to be the only one to think on it for Conquest:

Ajuur class Cruiser

Needs much more to go on, and so far it is the bulk of the Hutt's navy... Suffice to say, need to have some sort of agreement on its standard stats.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

StarSquirrel
06.07.2015 , 10:14 PM | #26
Well I'd suggest using a contextual and comparison approach.

What we know:
-Hutt vessel cira Great Galactic War era. This suggests that it is not a dedicated warship or it is heavily modified
-Originally Cargo, converted to military use. Further supporting above conclusion.
-Heavy Cruiser. This honestly could mean anything as names are occasionally deceptive when looking at ship class.
--Heavy Cruiser designation suggest 600 / ~1000 meter range for size though again, see above.

So we should be looking at the standard armaments of Cruisers at the time. Barring that, find the average armament of ships in its class across time periods and use a slightly smaller number to account for the retrofit and non-standard (non-military) layout/design.

As for guns... Not sure, but I'd say fewer missile tubes and definitely fewer cannons than most ships of its size if we go off the fact it used to be a cargo ship and is still a hutt ship at a time that Hutt rule was more open and aggressive.

Side Note: Mandalore's flagship is a heavily modified Ajuur. However it too has very little information on it.

I think perhaps the best analog that I can thing of off the top of my head would be the Bothan Assault Cruiser. However this is a military vessel through and through so perhaps 20% fewer weapons? (That is arbitrary and if anyone can come up with a logical reduction or better analog I'd love to have more perspectives.)
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

raandomname
06.07.2015 , 11:22 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Well I'd suggest using a contextual and comparison approach.

What we know:
-Hutt vessel cira Great Galactic War era. This suggests that it is not a dedicated warship or it is heavily modified
-Originally Cargo, converted to military use. Further supporting above conclusion.
-Heavy Cruiser. This honestly could mean anything as names are occasionally deceptive when looking at ship class.
--Heavy Cruiser designation suggest 600 / ~1000 meter range for size though again, see above.

So we should be looking at the standard armaments of Cruisers at the time. Barring that, find the average armament of ships in its class across time periods and use a slightly smaller number to account for the retrofit and non-standard (non-military) layout/design.

As for guns... Not sure, but I'd say fewer missile tubes and definitely fewer cannons than most ships of its size if we go off the fact it used to be a cargo ship and is still a hutt ship at a time that Hutt rule was more open and aggressive.

Side Note: Mandalore's flagship is a heavily modified Ajuur. However it too has very little information on it.

I think perhaps the best analog that I can thing of off the top of my head would be the Bothan Assault Cruiser. However this is a military vessel through and through so perhaps 20% fewer weapons? (That is arbitrary and if anyone can come up with a logical reduction or better analog I'd love to have more perspectives.)
Good analysis. My only change is that I believe that it should be more then a 20% reduction, because the Bothan Assault Cruiser is not a standard cruiser, but highly advanced and intended to replace the Victory Clas (at least if Wookiee is to be believed).

StarSquirrel
06.07.2015 , 11:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by raandomname View Post
Good analysis. My only change is that I believe that it should be more then a 20% reduction, because the Bothan Assault Cruiser is not a standard cruiser, but highly advanced and intended to replace the Victory Clas (at least if Wookiee is to be believed).
Like I said, I was using as an example. I would have to agree with you though.

More on that, the Kyramud-type is a Battleship. In terms of length, it is roughly the size of a Cruiser, but by virtue of being a Battleship it likely has increased power output and other upgrades that give it an edge, since it obviously has more guns than most ships its size.

These two examples show that instead of going off size we need to also look at quality, purpose, and context before making a final decision. more input aside from my own is always nice guys
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

raandomname
06.08.2015 , 01:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post

These two examples show that instead of going off size we need to also look at quality, purpose, and context before making a final decision. more input aside from my own is always nice guys
Totally agreed and thats what I have been also trying to do with the stats I proposed so far. Btw. Id still be grateful for any feedback.

Silenceo
06.09.2015 , 04:46 PM | #30
What would really help determine the % of weaponry comparatively that an Ajuur might have, is to see if there is some way for us to get its length, as to see where on the scale of heavy cruiser it falls.