Star Wars Starship Stats Collection

raandomname

This is a concept Ive been muling over for quite some time and with Comquest on halt, the current Kaggath seing very limited activity and no Most Powerful thread being discussed at the moment, I though it may be a good time to get this started.

Basically we will try to come uo with our own balanced and realistic stats for Star Wars ships that we have only limited information on, using our combined Star Wars knowledge and what limited information about said ship we have available. I hope that together we will gradually create a growing pool of information on these ships.

You can bring up any ship you want and suggest stats for it, that will then be discussed and will enter the mini canon of this thread and added to the OP, when enough (4?) people approve of them. If Beni and/or Sil accept these stats, I also hope that the ships will then become available for use in the Kaggath and/or Conquest.

So what are youre thoughts on this idea?

Harrower-Class Dreadnought:

Armament: 25 quad turbolasers and 18 light turbolasers

Bellator-Class Dreadnought:

Armament: 36 Octuple Barbette Turbolaser batteries, 140 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 60 Assault Concussion Missile launchers (30 Missiles each), 50 Point Defense Batteries, 40 NK-7 Ion Cannons, 20 Dual Proton Torpedo Launchers (26 Torpedos each), 15 Phylon Q-7 Tractor Beam Projectors, 2 Gravity Well Projectors

Shields: 8 KDY Shield Generators

Compliment: 560 fighters

Edited by raandomname

So to actually put something out there for discussion:

Glactic Class Fleet Carrier:

Image: http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/7/6478/Class_Star_Destroyer_Galaxy_by_ReonBlackScorpion.jpg

Another image: http://www.moddb.com/mods/yuuzhan-vong-at-war/images/the-dodonna-broadside-beast

Propsed Stats:

Length: 1600 meters

Armament: 40 turbolasers, 40 heavy turbolsers, 20 heavy ion canons, 8 ultra heavy turbolsers (comparable in firepower to the octupal turbolasers of an ISD 2 or the DBYs of a Venator)

Shields: 80000 SBD

Armor: 40000 RU

Compliment: 156 starfighters

Discuss!

Edited by raandomname

On the fighters I think you are a little low

it is listed as having 1 bay= 4 and 1/2 squads or 54 fighters, and that it has "Several Hangar bays" so multiply that by 7.

54 x 7= 378

Ok, but why does "several" equate to "seven" and not any other number?

Added the Harrower- and Bellator-Class Dreadnought's armament to the OP for convenience, as they arent on Wookiee.

Sel, can you post the Hammerhead-Class' armament please?

I don't actually have my sourcebooks on me at the moment, I'll have to find my stuff in old Kaggaths.

Really like this idea though, I'd be happy to help out once I get them back.

I have two ships that need more information on so what does everyone think the original Praetor-class battlecruiser and Mandator III-class Star Dreadnaught armaments could possible be? Edited by Jarons

Because often times when people say things like "couple" it equates to 2, Several is one that more often equats with 7 more then anything else.

Several does not equate with seven. Many people ignorantly assume it does because it has the same first three letters as seven - S E V.

It's generally agreed to be more than 2 or 3, but no specific number.

Few, several, many. All of them are ambiguous descriptions of amounts (a few people, several dogs, many cars etc.).

What type of ships are we wanting to catalog? Just ones with little info on them?

Yeah, thats the idea basically. Anthing with limited information, that is not on Wookiee or has stats that dont make sense like the armament of Liberator or Bulwark Mark III Cruisers.

Several does not equate with seven. Many people ignorantly assume it does because it has the same first three letters as seven - S E V.

It's generally agreed to be more than 2 or 3, but no specific number.

Few, several, many. All of them are ambiguous descriptions of amounts (a few people, several dogs, many cars etc.).

This is correct, but CONSIDERING who these things were written by, Seven is usually a good guess as it was written by the average person that DOESNT know that. When trying to figure it out, you can use the often ignorance of the writer for an implied number in this case.

Its the "Safe" bet.

Edited by tunewalker

Yeah, thats the idea basically. Anthing with limited information, that is not on Wookiee or has stats that dont make sense like the armament of Liberator or Bulwark Mark III Cruisers.

If its not too much work, starfighter carrying capabilities could also prove a useful tool.

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody who is familiar with them will probably agree that the armaments given for the Liberator and Bulwark Mk III Cruiser in Star Wars Rebellion are way too large for their size. Id thus suggest just dividing the armament numbers by 3.

Liberator Cruiser:

- Current armament: 240 heavy turbolasers and 200 ion canons

- Proposed armament: 80 heavy turbolasers and 60 ion canons

Bulwark Mk III Cruiser:

- Current armament: 1250 turbolasers and 600 ion canons

- Proposed armament: 400 turbolasers and 200 ion canons

I know that this is a direct contradiction to these ships' canon stats, but there is no debating that their current armaments are too large and imho it is a waste to ignore these two awesome ships just because we are unwilling to go against the sources.

• 2 weeks later...
Am I really the only one interested in this? :(:confused:

It certainly interests me, but I do not have enough data to put forth suggestions for some of the vague ships.

For example, the Harrower has often been compared in the Kaggath to a Victory class star destroyer in terms of firepower, though that is of course not 100% accurate. That said, I am curious as to other OR ship stats, such as for the Terminus-class destroyer or Gage-class transport.

It certainly interests me, but I do not have enough data to put forth suggestions for some of the vague ships.

For example, the Harrower has often been compared in the Kaggath to a Victory class star destroyer in terms of firepower, though that is of course not 100% accurate. That said, I am curious as to other OR ship stats, such as for the Terminus-class destroyer or Gage-class transport.

Well thats the thing we dont have the data, but why should we not try and us our own imagination?

If you have an idea, just throw it into this thread and then we can all discuss it together.

Edited by raandomname

• 2 weeks later...

Might as well suggest it here since I do not want to be the only one to think on it for Conquest:

Ajuur class Cruiser

Needs much more to go on, and so far it is the bulk of the Hutt's navy... Suffice to say, need to have some sort of agreement on its standard stats. :o