[Current Bug List] Crew Skills

Rhaphael

PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD (again)

Last Updated: 19th March 2012

Since there was not a general list of bugs anywhere yet, I took the liberty of making a list myself for both the developers to see what to fix and for players to see what's bugged.

I'll try to keep this list up-to-date by adding new bugs as they are found and removing them when they are fixed. If you know of any bugs that are not in this list, please let me know so I can add them.

SUPPOSEDLY FIXED IN LASTEST PATCH (LOOKING FOR CONFIRMATION FROM PLAYERS)

• FIXED The Magenta Adegan Crystal currently does not register in the crafting window (it shows 0/1 even if you have one). You can still craft the magenta crystal as long as you have the rest of the required ingredients.
  • FIXED If you start crafting an item that requires Biometric Crystal Alloy and then abort the craft, the Biometrix Crystal Alloy is not (always) refunded.

BUGS AFFECTING ALL CREW SKILLS

• Reverse Engineering a +Defense (Redoubt) schematic never yields a +Defense +Alacrity schematic, this is the only combo missing in the RE system.
  • Trainers will sometimes not show new schematics that you can learn, even though you have a high enough skill. A workaround is to select "show all" and buy them from the total list.
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 The companion speech when completing missions/crafts seems to be random and have no relation at all to whether or not it was a failure, a normal success or a critical success.
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 *Warning* It is currently possible to "relearn" a schematic you have already learned. You will get no error message and you will lose the schematic.
  • If you have a BoE item and BoE augment, and insert the augment into the item, then you will have a BoE augmented item. BUT, if you remove the augment, then you will have a Bound augment and a Bound item.
  • Gathering nodes that are not correctly harvested continue to exist in the game world (even though it was said to be fixed several patches ago). How about having it expire 5 mins after someone tried to harvest it and if not harvested make it respawn.
  • NOT FIXED Biometric Crystal Alloy currently does not register in the crafting window (it shows 0/1 even if you have one). You can still craft the items as long as you have the rest of the required ingredients.
  • Sometimes items you have started crafting will vanish from the crafting queue. Often these items will re-appear in your inventory when you log back in after the crafting has finished.

BUGS AFFECTING SPECIFIC CREW SKILLS

Armormech

• There are some obvious itemization mistakes with armor in general. Stats are inconsistent within sets and some sets have missing pieces. To illustrate I made a spreadsheet to list the various Heavy armor sets and their stats (errors are marked in red).

Armstech

• WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 It is not possible to obtain a blue/purple schematic through Reverse Engineering for Scatterguns/Shotguns (offhand for Scoundrels).
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 It is not possible to obtain a blue/purple schematic through Reverse Engineering for Vibroknives (offhand for Imperial Agents).
  • Weapons RE'ed to Artifact (purple) version show the same (or even lower damage) on the character sheet than their green counterparts, even though the tooltips of the weapons themselves say they should be doing more damage.
  • There are no schematics over level 39 either dropped off bosses in HM or from Operations or obtainable through Investigation; even though the developers said there were supposed to be, apparently they just don't drop.

Artificer

• WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 The Artificer trainer sells no schematics for Willpower-based shields (there are however dropped blue schematics for levels 25 and 37).
  • Many of the Enhancements bought from the trainer are duplicates, i.e. exact same stats but different names.
  • Some Enhancements have the same name but different stats, e.g. Assault 19 comes in 2 versions, one with 12 end 19 crit 17 surge, another with 17 end 12 crit 19 surge.
  • Enhancements are not always consistent across levels. For instance Battle 17 has Crit+Surge, Battle 19 has Crit+Shield, Battle 21 has Crit+Surge again.
  • There are some obvious itemization mistakes with Enhancements in general. To illustrate this (and also the points mentioned above) I made a spreadsheet with all Rank 19 Enhancements. Missing versions are indicated in blue, the ones indicated in red have the value of endurance switched with a secondary stat. This also shows that many Enhancements exist in duplicate or even triplicate.

Biochem

• None at the moment.

Cybertech

• The tooltips on crafted Grenades says they can be Reverse Engineered, however this is not the case.
  • The Cybertech trainer does not sell any tank-type mods (+shield, +absorption, +defense) for the Mod slot, only dps-type mods (+critical, +power).
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 Dropped offhand foci/generators/shields are currently RE-able by Cybertechs, it returns some crafting mats and the message "no known schematic". Artificer should be one to RE them, but they can only RE the ones they actually crafted, not dropped ones.
  • The Cybertech trainer only sells A-type mods for the Mod slot, B-type and neutral-type mods can't be crafted at the moment.
  • Cybertech grenades ignore the Resolve system in PvP.
  • There is a very big inconsistency between Mods as can be seen in this spreadsheet. Ironically the only ones that are equal between all classes are the A-series, most of which (=dps ones) can be crafted.

Synthweaving

• WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 The Light armor schematics for skill level 80 (Belt), 100 (Gloves) and 120 (Boots) are missing from the trainer, their Medium and Heavy armor counterparts are available correctly.
  • The Heavy armor customizable (orange) schematics for levels 11 and 15 are missing, their Medium and Light counterparts are available correctly.

BUGS AFFECTING SPECIFIC MISSION SKILLS

Diplomacy

• Diplomacy missions can sometimes return a decimal number of LS/DS points when they fail, e.g. 2.2000000247.

Investigation

• WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 Investigation yields Armstech schematics only very very rarely, it mainly provides Armormech and Synthweaving schematics. Since Investigation is the mission skill for Armstech it should mainly provide Armstech schematics. This would indicate there are only very few Armstech schematics for the system to choose from, which should be changed.

Treasure Hunting

• None at the moment.

Underworld Trading

• WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 The Rich Yield Tier 6 Metal mission named "No Redeeming Value" is mislabeled. It should be called Moderate, not Rich. This is evident both from the cost of the mission and the amount of resources it yields.

CRAFTING RELATED SUGGESTIONS FROM PLAYERS

• Many players believe crafting skills are only useful for levels 1-49, all (except Biochem) are useless at endgame. This is because top-level Commendation and PvP gear is too easy to obtain and both have better stats than current top-level crafted gear. This includes Armoring/Mods/Barrels/Hilts/Enhancements crafted by players. Player-crafted modifiers only go up to version 22, vendor-bought modifiers go up to 24 making the former useless at endgame.
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 Many players see an extremely low chance of getting purple schematics from Reverse Engineering blue level 49 schematics. This chance seems much lower than for level 1-48 gear, is this working as intended?
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 Crafted Speederbikes are currently Bind-On-Pickup. Most players would like to see these changed to Bind-On-Equip so they can be sold. Also the crafted speederbikes are identical to the ones bought from vendors, only with different color schemes, if they are staying Bind-On-Pickup they should at least be made more unique.
  • Schematics for orange custom gear currently have a blue name (only the item itself shows the orange name), making them indistinguishable from normal blue gear while browsing. These should be changed to have an orange name, this would make it easier for crafters to see which gear in their crafting list and on the GTN is customizable and which is not.
  • When browsing the GTN there is no way to see if you already know a particular schematic. It should show on the schematic if you already know it, like "already known" in red letters.
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 It is currently not possible to filter specifically for orange gear, neither on the GTN (shared with prototypes), nor in the crafting view (not at all). Customizable gear deserves it's own category.
  • For mission skills the number of different types of missions is sometimes horribly unbalanced. Ideally there should always be at least 1 mission of each yield type in the list at any given time. Currently people often report that they have refresh the list either by zoning multiple times or by running unwanted missions, which creates additional server stress.
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 RE'ing an item can lead to learning the same schematic again and resulting in a "you already know this schematic" prompt. Since the chance to learn new schematics is already low, please make it so you won't try to learn duplicate schematics anymore.
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 Currently no Expertise mods can be crafted by players. It would be great if these could be added to their respective professions so players could PvP and still look the way they want.
  • Please enable more specific search options for schematics in the crafting window, e.g. an open field search for name and by specific primary/secondary stats.
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 When companions return from a mission the resulting popup window closes any windows you had open. Please consider adding these results to the pending rewards list instead.
  • Investigation and Underworld Trading can yield schematics for the opposite faction, making them useless to the player that received them and generally unsellable because no one wants them (although they can be sold in Nar Shaddaa to the opposite faction, but most people won't know about this).
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 All crafting professions cannot RE the majority of non-crafted dropped items. They should be able to break whatever category they can craft down into resources, even if no schematic exists for them.
  • Allow for top-level crafters to create customizable versions of non-customizable weapons/armor if they like the appearance. For instance create a transformation schematic or combine it with the RE path where when you RE the previous final upgrade it can now "upgrade" further into an orange schematic.
  • WILL BE FIXED IN 1.2 Mission Discoveries should not fail. They are already very rare and usually the only reliable way to obtain purple crafting materials. Or when they fail the Mission Discovery should be returned to you.
  • Crafting materials when gathered should go straight into the cargo hold instead of taking up precious inventory space. When the cargo hold is full they go into the inventory instead.

Edited by Rhaphael

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many players see an extremely low chance for getting purple schematics from Reverse Engineering blue level 49 schematics. This chance seems much lower than for level 1-48 gear, is this working as intended?

Holy crap Darth Vader ... let me tell you I probably RE'd somewhere between 75-100 level 49 implants yesterday and I think I got 1 or 2 schematics; both of which are not ones that people will want. This does seem a little borked.

• Many players believe crafting skills are only useful for levels 1-49, all (except Biochem) are useless at endgame. This is because top-level Commendation and PvP gear is too easy to obtain and both have better stats than current top-level crafted gear. This includes Armoring/Mods/Barrels/Hilts/Enhancements crafted by players. Player-crafted modifiers only go up to version 22, vendor-bought modifiers go up to 24 making the former useless at endgame.
  • Many players see an extremely low chance for getting purple schematics from Reverse Engineering blue level 49 schematics. This chance seems much lower than for level 1-48 gear, is this working as intended?

These two concern me. I'm currently lvl 32 (with Armormech at about 320), and I have spent a lot of time making purple schematics. I share my armor with some friends, and sell some on the GTN. However, I always thought it would pay off at lvl 50 to have a full set of crafted purple. It requires so much time and money to get all those purple schematics; I do hope that at some point a lvl 400 Armormech will be able to craft gear that is better than the easy to obtain Commendation or PvP gear.

BUG :-

'Send Companion' Greyed out for both my companions so cannot gather any resources using them at all.

Might be connected to when a companion is sent off or comes back whlst during a space mission as space also seems to go all choppy if this happens.

These two concern me. I'm currently lvl 32 (with Armormech at about 320), and I have spent a lot of time making purple schematics. I share my armor with some friends, and sell some on the GTN. However, I always thought it would pay off at lvl 50 to have a full set of crafted purple. It requires so much time and money to get all those purple schematics; I do hope that at some point a lvl 400 Armormech will be able to craft gear that is better than the easy to obtain Commendation or PvP gear.

You can try crafting 49 stuff. But you'll hit 50, and get better gear than the time it would take to craft the set. It's just not worth it.

I'd say wrong faction schematics dropping from the advanced gather (investigation, underworld trading, etc) missions should definitely be up there.

Also, many Armormek items seem to be misnamed, some parts of a similarly named "set" will be DPS gear, some parts will be tank gear, and some items that have defensive sounding names have DPS stats and vice versa.

I'd say wrong faction schematics dropping from the advanced gather (investigation, underworld trading, etc) missions should definitely be up there.

Also, many Armormek items seem to be misnamed, some parts of a similarly named "set" will be DPS gear, some parts will be tank gear, and some items that have defensive sounding names have DPS stats and vice versa.

I noticed this same problem. I thought that would be something not easily missed / easily correctable.

Another one I notice a lot is that the crafting window does not refresh properly. I.e. the numbers on the list of items you can create do not keep track of the resources you have. This is particularly true if you have your companions out gathering when you have the window open.

It shouldn't be that hard to update the numbers when the resource count changes.

I have also had some issues with the trainer not offering new recipes even though the + sign is over their head. The work around is to list 'all' recipes and train the ones you can now get. they will show as red, i.e. untrainable, but you can select and train them, Again, this seems to be a refresh issue, as it happens if you raise the skill and open the trainer window without some sort of zoning or logging.

General Concerns:

• Many players see an extremely low chance for getting purple schematics from Reverse Engineering blue level 49 schematics. This chance seems much lower than for level 1-48 gear, is this working as intended?
  • Crafted Speederbikes are currently Bind-On-Pickup. Maybe players would like to see these changed to Bind-On-Equip so they can be sold. Also the crafted speederbikes are identical to the ones bought from vendors, only with different color schemes, if they are staying Bind-On-Pickup they should at least be made more unique.
  • Schematics for orange custom gear currently have a blue name, making them indistinguishable from normal blue gear. These should be changed to have an orange name, this should make it easier for crafters to see which gear in their crafting list is moddable and which is not.

The first one is actually pretty common among MMO's. If you look at WoW for example (The benchmark everyone likes to measure against), 95+% of the craftable items are worse than what you could purchase from vendors with points earned. The real issue/concern is that there is no incentive to level a crafting profession at all. There are no real perks like you'd find in WoW.

Crafted mounts are typically BoP amongst other games. However just a simple color change is awfully lame (unless you REALLY like the crafted color).

The last one makes perfect sense, schematics for orange colored gear should be orange IMO.

I thought I had heard this before...

http://www.swtor-life.com/interview/e3-2011-daniel-erickson-interview-transcript-and-video/2830/

Daniel Erickson: In a very general sense, the philosophy is: best in best in best in slot in the whole universe is probably going to come from your raids, because that is what drives people. The one, and it is not secondary, it is the one right under that. The thing you are going to want to put on your whole guild in order to run the n-level raid is going to be the crafted stuff. That said, you know that guy that speaks really fast : “All these things may change, everything may go. None of this store stuff has to do what may ship in the final game.” Nobody knows what it actually might be because we’ve got a thousand plus people testing it and things changes constantly. Damion is (Damion Schubert, lead systems designer), that man is overloaded. I was bugging him the other day. I was like “what happened to the missions” and he explained to me and, oh okay, that makes sense.

This is one thing I am sorry to hear they changed. I think having crafted gear right below raid gear is a great idea. Having crafted gear below easy to obtain PvP/Commendation gear is NOT a good idea. Hopefully there will be some better schematics for crafters in the future.

I thought I had heard this before...

http://www.swtor-life.com/interview/e3-2011-daniel-erickson-interview-transcript-and-video/2830/

This is one thing I am sorry to hear they changed. I think having crafted gear right below raid gear is a great idea. Having crafted gear below easy to obtain PvP/Commendation gear is NOT a good idea. Hopefully there will be some better schematics for crafters in the future.

Well that comment (your interview quote) should really irk a large number of crafters in this forum who are crying that their gear should be equal to raid/pvp gear lol.

To take the crafted gear issue one step even further, the Purple designs that Armormech gets from REing are 100% inferior to every other obtainable item, simply due to stat allocation.

the stats for the crafted Purple gear get assigned to "secondary" stats such as accuracy, crit, surge, alacrity, etc. A properly moded Orange will just simply be better because it allocates a high amount of stat allocation to the primary stats, and lower secondary values.

I'm guessing that Synthweaving is in the same boat?

At least we can make some Orange gear pieces to feel somewhat needed.

Another one I notice a lot is that the crafting window does not refresh properly. I.e. the numbers on the list of items you can create do not keep track of the resources you have. This is particularly true if you have your companions out gathering when you have the window open.

It shouldn't be that hard to update the numbers when the resource count changes.

I have also had some issues with the trainer not offering new recipes even though the + sign is over their head. The work around is to list 'all' recipes and train the ones you can now get. they will show as red, i.e. untrainable, but you can select and train them, Again, this seems to be a refresh issue, as it happens if you raise the skill and open the trainer window without some sort of zoning or logging.

Both added.

The tanking mods are in artficing... wtb my tanking mods in cybertech where they are suppose to be.

No, those are just generic mods, i.e. End+Primary, no secondary stats on any of them. I agree they should still be on the Cybertech trainer though.