@Cross server PVP

civilrant

Because YOU like it one way and your population/play times suite YOU... doesn't mean it suites EVERYONE...don't be so selfish that you can't see past your own player...

It's not selfish to have a preference and want that preference to be how the game is designed, in fact you are doing the same thing.

My preference is no x-server anything. But if they do go down that road, at least give us the option to group only with people from our own server. I don't mind fighting against another server, but I do not want to be teamed with people from other servers which I'll never group with again. Make it kinda like server vs. server. Edited by Vydor_HC

My server has a lot of imps and not so many pubs. So by the time it's 2am your fighting the same 24 imps over and over till 8 or 9am if your lucky you might get 1 or 2 non huttballs. So I'm all for cross server wz's. It's not so bad if they just do groups of servers that que together instead of one big group. When there use to be battle groups in wow if you pvp'd daily you'd see the same people a lot and make new friends. Also when I que with 3 other people the wait can be 15-20 min during peak hours cross realm wz's could greatly reduce this.

How is this beneficial?

I play late night 12am to 5am PST.

Once I hit the queue button it takes about 3-5 mins to pop, once the match has ended and i leave the WZ on auto-queue it takes about average of 1 min to get another pop.

In conclusion: I don't consider timers to be a point of concern, even at this hour.

I love the fact that when I log in the a WZ I always find the same people. My server really does have an amazing group of late night PVPers, bother Rep and Imp side.

I enjoy teaming up with the same people and as such have filled my friends list with names that I have met almost exclusively PVPing. I also enjoy getting to know my enemies. I know which ones to focus, I know which ones to avoid and which ones are new to 50 and squishy!!! =D

Knowing the same people have led to some amazing Huttball games and serval civil war games without losing a single turret. This is not something your going to ever see on cross server queues unless its a matter of gear domination which isnt fun for anyone. This will also force people to pre-made, which ruins the game for solo queue. I have seen these effects of cross server PVP when it was added to WoW, and people complained about the same things, complete and unter lack of any team work outside of pre-mades. However if pre-mades are something you would like to see more of. Isnt there a better way to implement a queue for this type of pvp?

so again, where is the benefit?

Cheers

Nirai

The problem is the same reason you're bolstering as the reason you don't want it, fighting the same people over and over again. Sure it's fun at times, but fighting fresh faces adds a new element to the game as you won't know who they are and what spec they are (healer, tank, dps). It "should" also help with queue times for many servers with lower than average populations who are either forced to constantly play huttball during hours that the few republic players (on imp heavy servers) or imp players (on repub heavy servers) are on to create matches for voidstar and civil war. A lack of variety in terms of warzones to keep things interesting will hurt the pvp population and prevent it from growing.

Also, despite the forum trolls, WoW cross server pvp and dungeons were an amazing hit for the vast majority of the players that play the game. MMO Devs will always cater to the masses, not the elitist few who have the loudest voices. (I'm not accusing anyone here of anything, fyi) People don't like change, so when it happens they complain about it causing issues with this and that but in the end they will get used to it and either enjoy it or not.

In the end, you can't please everyone. So they should and will try to please as many as they can.

As much as I agree with tthe OP about how nice it is to know the same ppl in pvp, I have to strongly support cross server wz. At my server there que is dead from usually midnight to 10am, not a single match. On another note, fighting the same people day every day can also be abit borring.

They honestly need to just give us server transfers. Cross server PVP is not going to solve any of the real problems and will just add new ones.

The only thing I think we could use cross server PVP for would be if they found a way to implement it on Ilum. Because faction imbalance there is absolutely ridiculous.

Hey NOOBs crying about community go join a PvE server.

Cross Server WZ fill the WZs with your server 1st then any spots left will be filled by other servers!

Your argument of community is VOID.

Stop being short sighted & think of how many other players will benifit from this, you dont seem to care that a good player may be stuck on a low populated server with no one to WZ with! i would love to group with anyone that loves to PvP!

& telling someone to server transfer at their own cost is sad, not everyone is made of money!

So i say to you wheres your community spirit as you seem to not want to PvP with the whole PvP community & just group with your little premade trying to farm solo quers!

Cross server PvP will potentially make it easier to implement ranked PvP matches where players get matched against other players with a similar kill/death ratio, making PvP more fun and getting more players interested in PvP. After all it can be pretty discouraging to be repeatedly roflstomped in every match you play and more players may play and gain the skills needed for the higher ranked PvP matches. Throwing beginners in against people who do nothing but PvP all day , every day , is not the ideal learning environment.

(this concludes today's rant, have a nice day.)

I like the stories about people who have weird play times, and want cross-server queues. Maybe you should have picked a server that has peak hours closer to your play times.

We pay for the game so we decide when we play not the other way round.

EG: omg im gonna be late Home from work no time to feed the kids i only have a 2hr primetime window to PvP.

I see advantages to cross-server PvP and also understand the community concerns of those who oppose it. I'd like to see cross-server PvP implemented so that a single-server/single-faction PvP team would face a team from another server. That way, the community is preserved while providing many of the benefits of cross-server PvP. The downside is that only two server teams would play in each match, but this should cut queue times a great deal. Edited by Bamajawn

People keep bringing up these low population arguments as an argument for cross serer queues, but like someone said before its a bandaid fix that not going to solve the real issues. it will still be a low pop server, ilum will still be dead, leveling and planets will still be dead, the market place and server economy will still be dead.

merge some low pop servers up to healthly pops and you win in every aspect, cross server pvp is not going to fix anything else and hurt them long term.

and for the record, i play on a low pop server that was also pretty crushed by patch 1.1

I agree that same server > cross server PvP. I enjoy seeing the same people and a lot of the other things people have pointed out in this thread. I do however like being able to play games, and as the queue on our server during this late period regularly (most nights) stretches on for upwards of 2-3 hours, it is not that much fun.

I have finished all my daily farming for ear piece and implants. I have ops gear that makes all crafting, hard modes and solo gear farming redundant. I enjoy playing the game, I would just like to be able to play it during the night and at this point there are literally no games popping and I'm forced to log.

Again, I prefer same server > cross server if the queues are relatively the same length, but at this stage I can't PvP without Cross realm or server merges and as I'm not sure how many players the servers can handle, I'm starting to think the cross realm PvP would be the best way of getting a game...

Thanks to everyone that replied, with constructive criticism. I've updated my original post to include some of the concerns mentioned above as well as a few solutions. Hopefully, we'll get a few more. Even better a dev might actually read it... Heres hopin'

Nirai

Edited by civilrant

The thing is OP your living the good life and don't even know it. A lot of imps I know on my server rolled a pub for their second toon. Our server has lots and lots of imps and not many pubs. So why roll a pub? Because your que times are amazing!!! There is 8 pubs that will que all night and even when they get huttball it's still vs imp. While on the imp side 50-60 50's are queing all night getting huttball against imps over and over just praying that one time after waiting 15 min for a que to pop they will fight the pubs that are queing.

I'm guessing you already know this and you're just complaining so you don't lose your 12am-5am 8 man premade that gets instant ques with the exact same 8 people every time and never gets huttball over and over against your own faction.

Many people are concerned with getting rolled all day by premades, and lets face it. This is EXACTLY whats going to happen, because we have all seen it first hand on other games.

If you can only que with 3 other people how does cross server pvp = rolled by premades? If any thing you and your 12am-5am ques are closer to "premades rolling people" then cross server pvp...

*Offer a "Local Queue" and cross server queue.

You do know if they did this which they never would you would be the only person in que for local and your que times would be like an hour.

You and the other people against cross server pvp are the .01% and no matter how loud the 10 of you scream to save your kush easy mode instant ques, BW will never care. There is no disadvantage to cross realm pvp. If your worried about community then go raid with your guild. If you want to pvp with your community then go make a new thread demanding 8 man premades. At least then when cross server comes out you can at least have 7 friends on your team.

Edited by Frankyblue