Stuff you don't want to see in 6.0?

bluehufsa

Hello. I'm aware everyone is excited about 6.0, i am too. Still, are there any particular things , present in the previous expansions, you would not want or like to be also in 6.0? Here's what i would personally prefer to see left out of 6.0 :

- a gazillion insignificant enemies ( aka sky-troopers or other non-important enemies)

- chopped story line

- characters without a backstory

- unclear situations

- killing of main story characters ( RIP Darth Marr :()

- characters with some backstory, but insufficiently developed

- choices our characters would never make

- same story for everyone regardless of their faction, Order & so on.

Please share your thoughts on this, if you wish! Thank you.

Hello. I'm aware everyone is excited about 6.0

I'm not. Well, not yet, anyway. It's way to early to be excited about 6.0.

I mean, sure, I'm pleased that they are cooking a 6.0 up, but we have 5.10 and its bugfix patches (5.10.1, etc.), probably a 5.11, and maybe even a 5.12 before we see 6.0.

I'll get excited about 6.0 when we know more about it than "There will be a 6.0."

I don't want to see a grindy gear system like we have now and gear that is for both PvP and PvE I want a system similar to 4.0 / 3.0 with separate PvE / PvP gear. What I like to see is the gear reset as far as tier gear and do the following instead:

Start off with tier 1 - 3 or whatever new tier is called

Ops bosses drop 1 - 3 slot specific tokens that you can trade on fleet for gear. Normal boss drops 1 - 2, final boss drops 2 - 3.

Non-Ops tasks (FPs, Heroics, Solo Space Combat) drop commendations to trade for slot specific tokens. Higher the tier, higher the cost. Also easier the task the less you earn, harder the task like MM FPs drop more from weekly and daily.

PvP gear with Expertise earned via WZ, GSF, Arena. Earn PvP commendations to trade for Tier 1 - 3 PvP Gear.

Harder content WZ < GSF < Arena more that is earned from weekly and daily.

When new tier comes out, Bottom tier moved to vendor for credits, New Tier replaces Tier 3, tier 3 replaces tier 2 and Tier 2 replaces Tier 1 for tokens / commendations.

Lastly I'd like to see Expertise not be affected by bolster during WZ.

A story that forces you back into your original faction even if it would be an absolute contradiction of every choice you’ve previously made.

Ex. You’re a bounty hunter who sides with the Republic Chancellor and kills the Sith Lord, then chooses to let the Imperials burn when ejecting escape pods on the Eternal Fleet ship in FE15, chooses Republic on Iokath, won’t do the Chiss’ dirty work on Copero, reaches out to the Republic after Nethema and will work as a saboteur during the Ossus missions.

At a certain point you just have to say “Hmmm, this character isn’t interested in helping the Imperials with anything.”

Dropping said character back into the Sith Empire story where they’re expected to help the Empire after all the above choices would be absolutely immersion breaking.

I am not looking forward to 5.10 or 6.0 based on what they've announced. Not at all. In particular I am not looking forward to:

1. Being forced back to a faction

2. Being forced back to a faction the PC doesn't want to be in, instead of changing sides.

3. Any more companion/character kill options.

4. More silly and totally OOC two-minute reunions with companions who shrug and say "but I didn't know you were alive!"

5. Being forced to be a lackey for a faction leader again

6. Any content we're forced to do with a brand-new level 1 influence companion

I don't want any forced npc best friends/constant companions, other than the ones I choose. I don't want my own characters calling out things like "I love you, _____!" without my input. I don't want any more companion deaths. I don't want my sorcerer punching people in the face. I never want to leave my spouse behind on an important mission ever again, even if they don't speak during it.

So far 6.0 is like me chasing a mirage. Its too far off in the distance, the rate things get released.

At any rate its better to be positive "Stuff you WANT to see." vice "Stuff you DON'T want to see."

I'd actually just be happy with seeing 6.0 period.

Then decide if they had stuff I wanted and stuff that no one can figure out why its there.

"They who expect little, are seldom disappointed."

A story that forces you back into your original faction even if it would be an absolute contradiction of every choice you’ve previously made.

Ex. You’re a bounty hunter who sides with the Republic Chancellor and kills the Sith Lord, then chooses to let the Imperials burn when ejecting escape pods on the Eternal Fleet ship in FE15, chooses Republic on Iokath, won’t do the Chiss’ dirty work on Copero, reaches out to the Republic after Nethema and will work as a saboteur during the Ossus missions.

At a certain point you just have to say “Hmmm, this character isn’t interested in helping the Imperials with anything.”

Dropping said character back into the Sith Empire story where they’re expected to help the Empire after all the above choices would be absolutely immersion breaking.

Amen, for my BH for both my IA's and my SW!

Another thing I don't want is walk 30 seconds get a cutscene. I want to earn my cutscenes! Give me more quests puzzles, and things to do! And please not endless killing galleries.

I don't want any forced npc best friends/constant companions, other than the ones I choose. .

I don't want that either. Since my LI or best friend from my class is officially back, why not summon them? For example, as a SI I would like to have Andronikos with me, even if he says nothing.

I do NOT want to see anything like an Uprising ever again (complete waste of time)

I do NOT want to see a level increase (they're meaningless as we can hit the new cap in a day)

I do NOT want to see new skills to learn (they do nothing but unbalance the classes)

I do NOT want to see another freaking Huttball ever again (this new one is terrible)

I do NOT want to see a level increase (they're meaningless as we can hit the new cap in a day)

I do NOT want to see new skills to learn (they do nothing but unbalance the classes)

I have to agree with you here.

Back when the level 55 increase hit, I remember how disappointed I was with the fact that the capstone skills were pushed higher on the tree, and the new skills were intermediary ones added to the middle. At the time, I was running a hybrid balance / tk sage, and I had all sorts of plans of where I was going to put those additional 5 points.

/sigh

But I predict that 6.0 will follow suit, by adding another 5 levels, push the main abilities higher, and add some filler abilities that either a) have not much value, or b) cause a heavy imbalance in classes.

I do NOT want to see anything like an Uprising ever again (complete waste of time)

I do NOT want to see another freaking Huttball ever again (this new one is terrible)

I agree, especially with the Uprisings part - never liked them, never understood their mechanics.

*I don't want my character forced back to working for a faction they've taken every chance to sabotage so far. So my Imps who sided with the Republic on Iokath and chose to contact after Nathema, and Sabotage the Empire from within during Ossus - I don't want them suddenly forced back into properly working for the Empire as if all other choices didn't matter.

* I don't want to be forced to use certain companions for missions again ala KOTFE/ET. Having to use a level 1 companion or be forced to feed them gifts when I will never, ever use them again is not my idea of fun.

* I want them to stop killing off companions OR if they choose to allow the option, they need to still include content for them for other people. Koth not getting even a cameo when his baby got blown up is disgusting.

* I don't want a new level cap that forces me once again to try and throw new abilities into an already bloated rotation.

* I don't want my characters to say/do things without my say so. My Inquisitor and Warrior chose to save the Sun generator in KOTFE not because they plan to 'rule the masses and want lots of people alive when they do so' for example. A lot of the forced dialogue/some cutscenes (Force sweeping/shooting/kicking a Jedi into a vat of nasty death-gunge) is completely out of character for my characters.

Edited by Farferello

I'm relatively fine with whatever direction they take the story, as long as its well told, fits in the lore, and isn't pulled out of no where.

However I don't want

- A gear threshold that can't directly be obtained with gear alone when pertaining to Galactic Command ( IE having to grind tons and tons of assembled components for 252-258 gear rather than getting the gear piece itself in the box.)

- Meaningless level cap, ie take away your skills and giving them back later. I'm Ok with new abilities, but not a senseless reset.

- RNG or RNG being exciting

- Anything similar to uprisings, they have no rhyme and mesh with any real trinity other than throwing globs upon globs of adds at you and spamming circles, and it takes the pace and control of the players when compared to flashpoints.

* I don't want to be forced to use certain companions for missions again ala KOTFE/ET. Having to use a level 1 companion or be forced to feed them gifts when I will never, ever use them again is not my idea of fun.

This happened to my JC Sage on Copero: since her rank influence with Raina was 1, she failed over and over again at the big droid. Why can't be allowed to summon my rank 50 Zenith? Use him for the actual fights but see Raina in the cutscenes, like on Iokath, when i used Torian instead of Theron , but in the cutscenes was Theron.

Edited by bluehufsa

This happened to my JC Sage on Copero: since her rank influence with Raina was 1, she failed over and over again at the big droid. Why can't be allowed to summon my rank 50 Zenith? Use him for the actual fights but see Raina in the cutscenes, like on Iokath, when i used Torian instead of Theron , but in the cutscenes was Theron.

Or just bring a 'third' companion with you even if they're not connected to the story.

Or just bring a 'third' companion with you even if they're not connected to the story.

I'm not sure how would that work since you can have only one companion summoned.

Other things i do not want to see in 6.0 :

- more changes to the ability points tree

- DS points for logical choices

- level increase ( come on, my merc is already a God-like character, do i really need to be lvl 75? )

- "minigames" aka mouse droid sneaking behind skytroopers or other insignificant enemies

- walkers! while my merc & trooper enjoyed crushing the enemies while in a walker, my JC & SI failed miserably.

I'm not sure how would that work since you can have only one companion summoned.

There are several missions in the game where you have extra companions - the Darth Revan fight at the end of that quest line, Jakarro in the FP and plenty of other instances where you have multiple companions called.

Most of all I hope 6.0 will happen and this game will not be overlooked by EA. Swtor deserves all the resources it needs to become great again, its a freaking star wars mmo, if handled correctly it can dominate the market.

With that being said, I do not want to see:

Separation from our companions again, I get they had plans on how to bring them back but it was a stupid idea in the first place if there were months and months of waiting involved. This cant be expressed enough, companions were major part of the storyline and should not be forced away.

Throw away short stories, its not that I dislike Nathema and such, or anything, its just clearly rushed story that has a lot of issues, plan in advance and deliver even if you have issues with VO's or whatever, changes in preplanned stories are usually catastrophic.

Like others, I do not want to see our characters forced back into their old sides, my almost holy SW just would want to be part of the empire again.

Places like Iokath... while the story was fine, this was by far the worst daily area ever, I remember enjoying Czerka or the black hole place quite a lot, but I only ever did quests her twice I think and never came back, hard to navigate, takes forever to finish the quests and they were boring.

Irrelevant companions.. I dont know how to write this to be completely honest but it feels like the cast is getting needlessly bloated, I got the idea of the Aliance but in the first place, giving all available companions to the one class, one player was perhaps too ambitious and makes none of them stand out, go back to smaller group of close companions, its not necessary for our JK or SW to recruit Gault for example. Also, "companions" from the fortress quests and such, honestly if the characters are not important, do not have anything to say, or are not joining us permanently, its just a waste of space imo.

Gotta stand with the others when it comes to abilities as well, if you are not changing the class in a singificant way, its not necessary to add new spells.

And yea, make the classes at least have some differences, I get that we will never have full on class stories such as the leveling experience, but at least ackowledge the different classes, let JK help Lana open the door, let Agent or smuggler blow them up with detonators, let BH and Trooper utterly destroy it with rockets and such things.

Do not forget about the conversation system from Kotet/fe with your Advisors and such!!!! This has been a great adition and its an amazing way to give us an easy, repeatable option of getting more info and talking with our companions. Let us talk to them in Aliance base, our ship, our stronghold when they are not our companion. It doesnt have to be voiced and we can have more options and choices to choose from.

Edit: Do not remove old content, at all, add to it if anything.

Thats all that comes to mind, I dont really care much about pve end game, or pvp but hopefully they wont just ignore it.

Edited by Sorens

Clicked your referral for this.

1. No alliance

2. No alliance

3. No alliance

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. :D

* Get rid of the cross faction crap in PVP. There's no excuse for not being able to attack pubs, whether they're on my team or not. It kills immersion and makes it so we can't ever have a fight between Imps and Pubs. In a Star Wars game! What kind of madness is that?

* A female to lead the Empire as Empress. I think that could be very cool and add some spice for those who may have to rejoin the Empire [and don't want to] despite that they are traitors that I'd love to kill. Plus it's just different and that in and of itself could be cool. Plus it also could have a romance option thingy possibly. - If you can't be Emperor yourself, you might as well do the Empress. :cool:

* Tons more new gear. I know some people don't like gearing but I love it and it makes it so there is something you can look forward to that could make things more exciting doing all the old content. IMO every 6 months would be cool. I don't really know why some people hate gearing new gear, getting bigger, faster, stronger, more deadly, that's what RPG's are all about.

* I'd like to see the level cap raised and have some new ability like is usually the case in a new meta.

* More inclusion of companions in story and the ability to choose which comp you use. I hated Theron's guts and it wouldn't let me attack him on sight. I didn't mind Lana so much, but to be fair there's a big difference between them 2, Theron is a stinken pub and Lana lets me do her [which I find quite endearing]. +1 for the pin cushion.

* Some new romance options and the ability to romance an older original Comp that you didn't in the vanilla story or wouldn't let you. Sometimes comps can grow on you and than you like them more than you had in the first go around.

*Return Carnage to it's pre- 5.6 play style and unenverate it and it's sorc level DPS on a pure DPS class with no heals and no cc immunity. All it can do is swing sabers at peoples skulls, might be nice to let them actually have non-garbage DPS. Rank 14 out of 18, while Fury is Rank 1 and Annihilation is Rank 3 [cuz, ya know, that makes sense =p ]. Return it's old play style, unsuck it's DPS [and don't listen to people who think total damage is their DPS], return it to it's pre 5.0 status as the "quasi-burst" which it always had been before and bloody slashes, which were taken and just given to Fury. [Appreciate that =] ] http://parsely.io/parser/stats Carnage has never been worse. Deception as well. Sorcs could use a tweek as well [Lightning mainly] and I don't even play that crap.

* New **** gear for comps - Who doesn't like eye candy? :cool: Me-ow Baby.

* Be able to decorate personal ships like SH's and I hate all that Martha Stewart crap and whoever is on the cover of Better Homes and Garden. It's Star Wars Land, not Julia Child's house. [she made a good stake though, gotta give her that]

* Make nothing cross-faction, some of us are trying to play Star Wars believe it or not.

* For those returning home after the Eternal Empire crap, don't treat them as Nobodies, they should be hailed as the greatest heros in the history of their faction for freeing it from Eternal Empire domination.

*Those who wish to stay a 3rd party should be treated as Traitors in the story line for taking sides against their home faction. Naturally you can't let people like me kill them out of hand as they deserve for the traitors that they are because they are paying customers so come up with something else as a ramification. You can't ignore it, it's just too big of a hole to pretend it's not there.

* Let me turn Zakuul and Odessan into asteroid fields with the genocide of Zakuulians to follow. Dark Lords of the Sith aren't a very forgiving lot.

* Please stop banning me every 4 and a half minutes, it's really annoying as hell. That would be grand. :cool:

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

*I don't want my character forced back to working for a faction they've taken every chance to sabotage so far. So my Imps who sided with the Republic on Iokath and chose to contact after Nathema, and Sabotage the Empire from within during Ossus - I don't want them suddenly forced back into properly working for the Empire as if all other choices didn't matter.

* I want them to stop killing off companions OR if they choose to allow the option, they need to still include content for them for other people. Koth not getting even a cameo when his baby got blown up is disgusting.

All of this.

My Republic-side characters have been actively sabotaging the Republic and Jedi since the class stories. They have aligned with the Empire at every turn, let Republic characters die, and clearly have no desire to work for the Republic again. Frankly if they showed up on the Jedis' doorstep they should be met with deep suspicion because of all of that. If "choices matter," let their choices mean something here: their choice is to switch sides.

The forced companions, I hope we never see that again either, or have a choice to bring a third along. I deeply resent having to struggle through the GEMINI chapter with companions that are low influence (and they will both be dead later so I won't bother) and having to feed Raina Temple hundreds of gifts so I can get through a Level 70 flashpoint.

In the new material they have said there's a swivel away from the old companions so I am even more worried about this.