How to unlock master ranos?

Bladebusters

I honestly have no idea on how because I did complete the achievement needed to get the companion selected, in this case it was Ranos. So how do I unlock her? I did get the Shae Vizla item to unlock Vizla but not for Ranos. And please don't tell me I have to recruit her through the alliance alerts.

If that's the case then its not cool. I wanted to have her when I made a new toon to level up again. :(

Edited by Bladebusters

If you never got an item in the mail in game, saying that you completed that achievement, then you never did.

So there was supposed to be an in-game item to unlock her via mail?

The thing is, I did get the trailblzer mount and the armor for it(Too lazy to check). I also did get the light V dark case for completing the achievement.

I remember because that's how I got the white armor that looks like Darth Marr's. Or at least got parts of it but you get what I mean. So basically all that time spent on trying to get the new companion resulted in nothing? :(

I honestly have no idea on how because I did complete the achievement needed to get the companion selected, in this case it was Ranos. So how do I unlock her? I did get the Shae Vizla item to unlock Vizla but not for Ranos. And please don't tell me I have to recruit her through the alliance alerts.

If that's the case then its not cool. I wanted to have her when I made a new toon to level up again. :(

If you did not receive the token for Master Ranos in the mail, regardless of whether the mission alert is bugged or not, you did not meet the prerequisite to achieve Master Ranos. She is only available for Eternal Level and Legendary Level players. You are clearly neither of those.

If you made it to Eternal level, you should get a token in the mail and an alert mission.

There appears to be a bug preventing people who got Legendary level from getting the alert mission.

If you didn't get a token, odds are pretty good that you didn't meet the requirements.

If you got a token but no alert, you're just bugged like the rest of us.

So there was supposed to be an in-game item to unlock her via mail?

The thing is, I did get the trailblzer mount and the armor for it(Too lazy to check). I also did get the light V dark case for completing the achievement.

I remember because that's how I got the white armor that looks like Darth Marr's. Or at least got parts of it but you get what I mean. So basically all that time spent on trying to get the new companion resulted in nothing? :(

armor set and mount is for previous tier. check if you have "the eternal victor" title, should have gotten it before the end of event. if you have it and didn't get item for Ranos? that means you need to open a bug report. but if you don't have the title? it means you didn't finish the achievement needed for her

I wouldn't be surprised if titles is what they used for programming reward mail, after wiping actual achievements

Edited by Jeweledleah

If you made it to Eternal level, you should get a token in the mail and an alert mission.

There appears to be a bug preventing people who got Legendary level from getting the alert mission.

If you didn't get a token, odds are pretty good that you didn't meet the requirements.

If you got a token but no alert, you're just bugged like the rest of us.

For the record, getting the Master Ranos Alliance Alert requires having finished Chapters 1-16 of KOTFE, just like you need to have done at least chapter 14 of KOTFE for Shae's alert, or To Find a Findsman for Nico's.

armor set and mount is for previous tier. check if you have "the eternal victor" title, should have gotten it before the end of event. if you have it and didn't get item for Ranos? that means you need to open a bug report. but if you don't have the title? it means you didn't finish the achievement needed for her

I wouldn't be surprised if titles is what they used for programming reward mail, after wiping actual achievements

I will head on in game right now and check. But, lets pretend I DO have the "ETERNAL VICTOR" Title. What would I have to do? Please give me a step-by-step guide as I am not the brightest of users. Though there is no need to use "baby" words as I will understand what you are talking about.

EDIT* I do have the eternal victor title. So I guess I have to contact support about the issue huh? Oh well.

Edited by Bladebusters

I will head on in game right now and check. But, lets pretend I DO have the "ETERNAL VICTOR" Title. What would I have to do? Please give me a step-by-step guide as I am not the brightest of users. Though there is no need to use "baby" words as I will understand what you are talking about.

EDIT* I do have the eternal victor title. So I guess I have to contact support about the issue huh? Oh well.

I'm not sure what in my response elicited the snark above, but yes, contacting support is your next step. you could both report it in a bug forum and open a ticket on your account. explain that you finished the achievement and have the title to prove it but didn't get the mail with the item that recruits Ranos. if they brush you off - try again. (costumer service has been terrible lately, half the time I don't think they even read the tickets) phone call should be your last resort as its a lot of wait time and a lot of arguing about how yes, you tried to resolve this issue in game already, and no it didn't work and that is why you are calling (if you didn't try in game, they again - just brush you off. yes, I'm speaking from experience)

I'm not sure what in my response elicited the snark above, but yes, contacting support is your next step. you could both report it in a bug forum and open a ticket on your account. explain that you finished the achievement and have the title to prove it but didn't get the mail with the item that recruits Ranos. if they brush you off - try again. (costumer service has been terrible lately, half the time I don't think they even read the tickets) phone call should be your last resort as its a lot of wait time and a lot of arguing about how yes, you tried to resolve this issue in game already, and no it didn't work and that is why you are calling (if you didn't try in game, they again - just brush you off. yes, I'm speaking from experience)

Snark above? You make it sound as if I seemed hostile towards you. If i made it sound that way then I am terribly sorry and I do apologize for it. Anyways, thanks for the quick reply. I honestly do appreciate it. :) I've already sent a ticket to the support from in-game and I intend to make a bug report on the forum as well.

I am deeply sorry for what I said though. Please accept my sincerest apology.

Edited by Bladebusters

• 1 year later...
Neither Hexir, nor Ranos are recruitable outside of the "small" window of opportunity... which I think is regrettable, please let us obtain them again.

You actually *can* earn Hexid right now, IIRC it's 30 or 40 flashpoints via group finder, so it will take a lot of effort. Which is fair because doing group flashpoints was how she was originally earned.

Ranos on the other hand required a lot of stuff through DvL so if she's ever offered again IMHO that would be required so there wouldn't be an outcry (reasonable in this case IMHO - if I'd had to jump through all the hoops that DvL required and then someone else was just handed the companion I'd be upset).