I can't connect to a server

pokemonn

Hello,

I would like to say at the outset that this is the first time I have posted something on the forum. In that case, I apologize in advance if it is not here that I have to post my problem below.

After installing Swtor on my PC, I can't connect to a server. I have done some research, but nothing concrete (or I'm not the one who's looking hard). I tried the method of firewall, antivirus (windows defender) and re-download swtor. It didn't bring me any results.

If you have a solution, I'm ready to try it.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by pokemonn

Hello,

I would like to say at the outset that this is the first time I have posted something on the forum.

Welcome to the forums!

After installing Swtor on my PC, I can't connect to a server.

Install pingplotter and then track what happens when you enter swotr.com as the destination, see if the connection dies somewhere along the route.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I have a previous issue similar to yours. I was able to play SWTOR without any issue until one day the launcher download a patch. After the patch is installed by the launcher, I cannot connect to the server.

I spent a lot of time troubleshooting it and this is my findings and solution. Previously, when I first play SWTOR, windows firewall ask whether I allow SWTOR to connect to outside world. I clicked yes. This created an entry inside the windows firewall "Allow to connect" white list. (this is where the issue lies).

My solution is to go to the "Able to connect" white list and DELETE the SWTOR entry form the white list. Logic tells you can that is counter-intuitive but it works for me. After this entry is deleted, I am able to connect without failure to swtor server and I have no such issue since then. Don't worry about deleting this entry because the windows firewall will ask you again whether you want to allow SWTOR to connect to outside world. Then you clicked yes again to create a new entry in the white list. Even if there is no entry created in the white list, it is still no problem since you can connect to the server and play your game.

Hope this helps you in your troubleshooting.

Thank you already for your answers.

I tried the Einobi solution, but it doesn't work.

Here's what it looks like :

https://zupimages.net/up/19/48/uezz.png

Something's definitely wrong if you're experiencing 100% packet loss, which is what that screen capture suggests.

You can try a free VPN like ProtonVPN and see if that gets you around the problem. The free version of Proton is relatively slow, but would be a better connection than the 0% connectivity you're experiencing now.

Something's definitely wrong if you're experiencing 100% packet loss, which is what that screen capture suggests.

You can try a free VPN like ProtonVPN and see if that gets you around the problem. The free version of Proton is relatively slow, but would be a better connection than the 0% connectivity you're experiencing now.

Thanks, it works :)