Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KendraP
07.27.2017 , 01:41 AM | #471
Geez guys way to offer constructive criticism....

Zolxtren
07.27.2017 , 03:59 AM | #472
You devs better add Sorc changes on that list asap.....

louisfrb
07.27.2017 , 03:59 AM | #473
I have been playing for about six months. Rigth now I have three legacy gear sets that would work for the 242 requirement: one for tank, one focused on critical and the other on allacrity.
But I still know very little about ops and almost nothing about HM fp. The greatest barrier is finding a good group. Most people dont know or dont bother to learn the mechanics specific to the hardest content. Since there is only one ops at a time in the gf it is easy to prepare yourself. But with HM fp you have the dayly reaward the is a incentive to queue random, and if you queue only the ones you researched about you will never get a group.
Also, making people do an ops to finish a story will force people who are not ready for group content and create a barrier for people who want to finish the stories. I don't know whats the idea there... is it a way to show story people that there is a group content or is it a way to make impossible to finish the stories if you are f2p...

dontbeswg
07.27.2017 , 05:54 AM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I enjoy the game very much. If you don't, and this game isn't your style, I'm sure there are others.
count yourself as one of the few, this game has become one of the many trashy mmos produced over the last decade and a half. the problem with people like you is you don't want to truly play an mmo, you want an online single player. To do that to an mmo is like buying a bugatti and never putting it on the freeway!

I've played mmos since EverQuest 2 and had an abusive relationship with SWG while cheating with WoW. It sickens me that WoW is still the king of MMO because that means MMOs are dead. Ultimately EA needs to cut it's losses on this game, which is essentially down to one server, and start over with the franchise.

I would love to see an open world hybrid with post Return of the Jedi era setting. I think you guys would really love an open world mmo where you have a chance to create your own story at your own pace. A lot of people mocked Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) for having artisans and entertainers but for people who can't tie their shoelaces it's a perfect option. It allows you to be social and play in a non-threatening environment while still contributing.

In closing:

A lot of what I say is in frustration over a long career of passionately playing these games. I implore you players who are holding this game back and will hold future mmos back, please research the games you are playing! There is always information out there, and learn to build on harsh words.

Everyone has been called a noob, bad, trash, pleb, mouth-breathing waste of life scum bag piece of garbage... its a mean world kids and it preys on the weak, but sometimes it's true and if you take it and learn from it you get better. Ultimately, if you play an online game, you will be verbally assaulted and sometimes it's the mean truth.

tips:
-reddit is always solid information if you spend time looking
-join a guild of players that are better than you not worse
-download voice programs and data parsing (all games have them)
-CHALLENGE YOURSELF DONT SIT ON EASY CONTENT!

dontbeswg
07.27.2017 , 06:01 AM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
Where did I say I don't want, don't like, don't play or don't want to get more multiplayer content? All I said is that I don't want them to make only multiplayer content, I want some story to put that in some context as well. Judging by people I meet in the game I'm not the only one with such preferences. Is our subscription money somehow worse than multiplayer-only people's money?
It would be cool if they somehow integrated group content into the story more - like: if you complete all uprisings and\or reach certain command level, your Alliance gets some intel about the mastermind behind current storyline and you get an extra story mission \ companion \ some other shiny - a small bonus to encourage people to do group content, but not forcing them to do it like Oricon. Personally I'd find it much more rewarding than loot.
Do you understand how costly these types of games are to make? Companies like profit, and for an MMO to have storydriven content all the F'in time it means they have to cut into other teams! THAT MEANS NO NEW PVP CONTENT, LESS PVE ENDGAME!

Do you ask your little Xbox games to make raids in DLCs!?

I agree with making the story elements mean more in the game, this is why the next mmo era needs to go to a hybrid open world.

dontbeswg
07.27.2017 , 06:01 AM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by Zolxtren View Post
You devs better add Sorc changes on that list asap.....
You realize that they aren't going to do that right?

dontbeswg
07.27.2017 , 06:07 AM | #477
[QUOTE=louisfrb;9371707]I have been playing for about six months. Rigth now I have three legacy gear sets that would work for the 242 requirement: one for tank, one focused on critical and the other on allacrity.
But I still know very little about ops and almost nothing about HM fp. The greatest barrier is finding a good group. ..[/QUOTE]

shocking...

thank the crowd crowing for story story... when can I F my companion again... Oo a stronghold and crappy cartel items yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa

ON A SERIOUS NOTE-

Why is your tank using crit and alacrity....SERIOUSLY WHY?

I'm assuming you have a Sin tank or shadow (don't ask I'm a jedi)

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/29/swtor-5-...guide-by-numy/

look at that, and get a grip.

IoNonSoEVero
07.27.2017 , 06:13 AM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by dontbeswg View Post
count yourself as one of the few, this game has become one of the many trashy mmos produced over the last decade and a half. the problem with people like you is you don't want to truly play an mmo, you want an online single player. To do that to an mmo is like buying a bugatti and never putting it on the freeway!

I've played mmos since EverQuest 2 and had an abusive relationship with SWG while cheating with WoW. It sickens me that WoW is still the king of MMO because that means MMOs are dead. Ultimately EA needs to cut it's losses on this game, which is essentially down to one server, and start over with the franchise.

I would love to see an open world hybrid with post Return of the Jedi era setting. I think you guys would really love an open world mmo where you have a chance to create your own story at your own pace. A lot of people mocked Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) for having artisans and entertainers but for people who can't tie their shoelaces it's a perfect option. It allows you to be social and play in a non-threatening environment while still contributing.

In closing:

A lot of what I say is in frustration over a long career of passionately playing these games. I implore you players who are holding this game back and will hold future mmos back, please research the games you are playing! There is always information out there, and learn to build on harsh words.

Everyone has been called a noob, bad, trash, pleb, mouth-breathing waste of life scum bag piece of garbage... its a mean world kids and it preys on the weak, but sometimes it's true and if you take it and learn from it you get better. Ultimately, if you play an online game, you will be verbally assaulted and sometimes it's the mean truth.

tips:
-reddit is always solid information if you spend time looking
-join a guild of players that are better than you not worse
-download voice programs and data parsing (all games have them)
-CHALLENGE YOURSELF DONT SIT ON EASY CONTENT!
No thanks, I neither need nor want your tips.

1. There isn't one specific way to play an MMO, and you don't get to judge what other players should or should not do.

2. It's not anyone else's job to mold THEIR paid online gaming experience to what YOU expect them to do.

3. Mature adults actually don't need to trash each other online, and when you sit there screaming about how other players are "bad" or call them names - because they don't like what YOU or play the game the way you want- all you do is contribute to bad stereotypes of gamers. Growing up is a good thing sometimes. Honest.

4. There are a lot of diverse players in this game. Ops, PvP, PvE, RPG, etc. The game was designed to accommodate that. It is what it is.

dontbeswg
07.27.2017 , 06:15 AM | #479
Last complaint I am going to make today:Oh its Tiered

-Tier 1 complaint: I am outperforming most people in gear that is (haha) two tiers behind

-Tier 2 complaint: Why am I doing this when I have not researched the game in two years?

Tier 3 complaint: What is the problem?

I really want to know the answer to the Tier 3 complaint, what is the matter with you guys that can't complete ops beyond Ev and Kp and are doing two tiers behind expected values with your classes?

I'm upset by it, I have been for a decade of these games and in 2017 when everyone in this world has a F'n opinion why are you not reviewing information, absorbing it, and improving?!

dontbeswg
07.27.2017 , 06:20 AM | #480
On a final note!

Keith, its been a pleasure seeing you try to revive this dead rotting husk of a game. Ben Irving really slashed it up like Jack the Ripper and EA handed him the knives.

On behalf of a veteran of this game (since launch) I want to extend that we don't blame you, and anyone who blames you is an ***. You're not working with a full deck and EA should be ashamed, but I've seen EA operate for 2.5 decades and I know it has no shame.

Its a crime that EA has control of the star wars gaming IP, they S the bed with everything that they do but to be fair to EA everyone S's the bed with star wars products...

I digress.. Keith thank you for your hardwork and dedication, as someone who still wants to play this game I appreciate it and I wish EA the best of luck on the next attempt.... if there is one....