Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Championships - Bounty Hunters vs Droids

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Huttball Championships - Bounty Hunters vs Droids

Warren-Stride
04.13.2013 , 12:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
That would also lead to a temporary leader vacuum, if IG is sending commands to the other droids.

Aurra Sing also likely has breath control. She ain't gotta breath.
If IG-88 is sending commands to the other droids, they're all going to have uber-fast reflexes. IG-88 controlled the Death Star. Also, if all the droids connect, they can transmit communications and even live feed of their line of sight, meaning that they'll be able to quickly determine the threats and eliminate them. In comparison, the bounty hunters have no effective way to communicate.

Also, just because she is a Force User does not mean Sing has breth control. That's not how it works. If she was not trained in it, she does not have it. Trying to boost her because she's the only Force User in this round doesn't make any sense. If its not a stated ability, she doesn't have it. No where does anything at she has Lightning. So does she have it now? No.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling
04.13.2013 , 12:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
If IG-88 is sending commands to the other droids, they're all going to have uber-fast reflexes. IG-88 controlled the Death Star. Also, if all the droids connect, they can transmit communications and even live feed of their line of sight, meaning that they'll be able to quickly determine the threats and eliminate them. In comparison, the bounty hunters have no effective way to communicate.

Also, just because she is a Force User does not mean Sing has breth control. That's not how it works. If she was not trained in it, she does not have it. Trying to boost her because she's the only Force User in this round doesn't make any sense. If its not a stated ability, she doesn't have it. No where does anything at she has Lightning. So does she have it now? No.
Breath control is one of the more universal abilities taught to most Jedi, so it is plausible to say she has it - although I agree its not definite.

YoshiRaphElan
04.13.2013 , 12:46 PM | #23
Bossk and Hanharr charge in. Bossk goes for Proxy, Proxy turns into Darth Maul. However, because he can't perfectly simulate fight skills, Bossk may be able to dodge his blows and deactivate Proxy. Meanwhile, Sing and HK-47 take up sniping positions. HK takes out Hanharr, and Sing goes for T3, but IG-88 covers the smaller droid with his superior arms and armoring. Cad Bane goes directly for the ball. T3 hacks into the terminal and sends flames shooting around Bane, cutting him off long enough for IG-88 to leave his side and go for Bane. Sing takes out T3 now, and then pulls her twin blasters and descends into the playing field. Bossk is engaging IG-88 and is blown away. As Sing goes for the IG droid, HK opens fire at her, forcing her down and providing a chance for IG-88 to go after Bane. Sing uses the Force to pull HK from his sniping position and throw him at IG-88. IG-88 smacks HK aside and the assassin droid regains his footing and goes in to battle Sing close-quarters.

Bane uses his flamethrower on IG-88, whose armor protects him. IG-88 deploys poisonous gas, but since Bane has his tube breathers he just holds his breath and the poison doesn't affect him. Then he uses his jet boots to jump swiftly over IG's head and attack him from behind with both blasters at full speed. This probably dents IG's armor and throws him off guard. But IG quickly reacts to this threat and fires his rifle. Bane dodges this shot.

Meanwhile, Sing decapitates HK with one of her lightsabers and moves in to help Bane. IG sees her coming and fires with his blasters. Sing uses her Force-enhanced reactions to move out of the way, but since IG-88 has predicted this he launches a grenade at the exact spot Sing rolls to. She's blown away, leaving IG-88 and Bane to shoot it out. Bane tosses a thermal detonator at IG-88, who scoops it up and returns it. Bane manages to move in time, but drops the Huttball in the process. IG moves toward the ball, firing at Bane the whole time. Bane is forced to take cover under the girders. As IG picks up the ball, he throws a sabotage charge at the girder supports, bringing them down on Bane.

Last Droid Standing: IG-88
Victory: Droids

Wolfninjajedi
04.13.2013 , 12:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Bossk and Hanharr charge in. Bossk goes for Proxy, Proxy turns into Darth Maul. However, because he can't perfectly simulate fight skills, Bossk may be able to dodge his blows and deactivate Proxy. Meanwhile, Sing and HK-47 take up sniping positions. HK takes out Hanharr, and Sing goes for T3, but IG-88 covers the smaller droid with his superior arms and armoring. Cad Bane goes directly for the ball. T3 hacks into the terminal and sends flames shooting around Bane, cutting him off long enough for IG-88 to leave his side and go for Bane. Sing takes out T3 now, and then pulls her twin blasters and descends into the playing field. Bossk is engaging IG-88 and is blown away. As Sing goes for the IG droid, HK opens fire at her, forcing her down and providing a chance for IG-88 to go after Bane. Sing uses the Force to pull HK from his sniping position and throw him at IG-88. IG-88 smacks HK aside and the assassin droid regains his footing and goes in to battle Sing close-quarters.

Bane uses his flamethrower on IG-88, whose armor protects him. IG-88 deploys poisonous gas, but since Bane has his tube breathers he just holds his breath and the poison doesn't affect him. Then he uses his jet boots to jump swiftly over IG's head and attack him from behind with both blasters at full speed. This probably dents IG's armor and throws him off guard. But IG quickly reacts to this threat and fires his rifle. Bane dodges this shot.

Meanwhile, Sing decapitates HK with one of her lightsabers and moves in to help Bane. IG sees her coming and fires with his blasters. Sing uses her Force-enhanced reactions to move out of the way, but since IG-88 has predicted this he launches a grenade at the exact spot Sing rolls to. She's blown away, leaving IG-88 and Bane to shoot it out. Bane tosses a thermal detonator at IG-88, who scoops it up and returns it. Bane manages to move in time, but drops the Huttball in the process. IG moves toward the ball, firing at Bane the whole time. Bane is forced to take cover under the girders. As IG picks up the ball, he throws a sabotage charge at the girder supports, bringing them down on Bane.

Last Droid Standing: IG-88
Victory: Droids
What about Boba? Though I am unsure Proxy would lose to Bossk, given that he can replicate The Force and has shown to be a good lightsaber combatant, due to his programming and various combat modules. A fight between Proxy and Sing, would be interesting though.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

YoshiRaphElan
04.13.2013 , 01:11 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
What about Boba? Though I am unsure Proxy would lose to Bossk, given that he can replicate The Force and has shown to be a good lightsaber combatant, due to his programming and various combat modules. A fight between Proxy and Sing, would be interesting though.
Oh, shoot, I must have missed that one of them was Boba.

My view is thusly flawed.

Beniboybling
04.13.2013 , 01:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Oh, shoot, I must have missed that one of them was Boba.

My view is thusly flawed.
Your right, Boba isn't in this. He's services were bought by another client offering better rates...

But concerning your scenario, one flaw: on death players respawn. So essentially this is not a one man standing scenario. Also remember that Cad Bane can use his jetpacks to effectively oribitally bombard the ball area.

YoshiRaphElan
04.13.2013 , 02:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Your right, Boba isn't in this. He's services were bought by another client offering better rates...

But concerning your scenario, one flaw: on death players respawn. So essentially this is not a one man standing scenario. Also remember that Cad Bane can use his jetpacks to effectively oribitally bombard the ball area.
Oh, so we're doing a literal Huttball scenario? Wow. M'kay, I don't know how that would turn out, then.

Mathemagica
04.14.2013 , 10:52 AM | #28
ok, I didn't read all of the posts, but I noticed one thing: You are playing a deathmatch. Huttball is NO deathmatch. You can crush any member as many times as you want, he will respawn.

I suggest another scenario (at least the beginning of it): Bane is fast. He will be able to get to mid first and takes the ball. By passing fast and using their jetpacks, Bane and Boba can avoid the firetraps and have a chance of making the first score. (Are they allowed to use jetpacks with the ball now?)
After that it will be tricky, because IG-88 may decide to simply control mid. This will make it hard for the Bounty hunters to make another score again.
First question: Can the Bounty Hunters set up a reasonable defense to prevent the droids to make a quick 1-1 while Bane and Boba are yet at the other goalline? (This is what I usually see in Huttball matches. A quick 1-1 and after that both teams have at least 2 persons at mid which are blocking each other.)
Second question: Can the Bounty Hunters defend their side for say... 10 minutes?

Additional question: Does T3 (and IG) have to be close to the firetrap to slice it, or can they do it from anywhere in the pit?

I think the droids are superior in direct combat. With their better mobility options the Bounty Hunters have more ways to make a point. I still think the droids will make it, but they need to send the "hitters" to the respawn zone and defend mid at the same time (and they have only one IG).

EDIT: Made the same mistake as Wolfninjajedi. Boba isn't in here. Bane might have a hard job at the beginning but I still see the bounty hunters making a score in the first two minutes.

Wolfninjajedi
04.14.2013 , 11:04 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathemagica View Post

EDIT: Made the same mistake as Wolfninjajedi. Boba isn't in here. Bane might have a hard job at the beginning but I still see the bounty hunters making a score in the first two minutes.
You mean Yoshi. Also no, Boba/Bane can't use their jets to move with the ball...their jets have been rather limited here.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
04.14.2013 , 11:30 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathemagica View Post
First question: Can the Bounty Hunters set up a reasonable defense to prevent the droids to make a quick 1-1 while Bane and Boba are yet at the other goalline? (This is what I usually see in Huttball matches. A quick 1-1 and after that both teams have at least 2 persons at mid which are blocking each other.)
Second question: Can the Bounty Hunters defend their side for say... 10 minutes?

Additional question: Does T3 (and IG) have to be close to the firetrap to slice it, or can they do it from anywhere in the pit?

I think the droids are superior in direct combat. With their better mobility options the Bounty Hunters have more ways to make a point. I still think the droids will make it, but they need to send the "hitters" to the respawn zone and defend mid at the same time (and they have only one IG).

Good point about jetpacks/rockets, which may I make clear they cannot use when holding the ball, but can use to jump up/across platforms and for general movement when not holding the ball.

Sing and Bane will likely double team for a score, they are both very fast. Bane because of his rocket boosters and Sing because of her Force enhanced abilities i.e. Force leap etc. However IG-88 is very fast to and will be able to easily move around the Pit and probably reach them at the same time. So we need to ask ourselves: can Sing and Boba defeat/stun/get past IG-88? As for your questions:

1. Possibly, Bossk and Hanharr will be left to defend against a possibly stunned IG-88 - who will likely quickly recover. They won't last long though. However counter question: can Sing and Bane evade/defeat and incoming PROXY and HK?

2. Against say, a charging IG-88 or PROXY? Well Sing can snipe, with the possibility of knocking them of course, and Bane with his jetpacks and move quickly around the arena and reach optimal positions.

3. Only astromechs can slice, and in order to do so they have to hack into the Pit's systems at the base of the Huttball holder in the center of the arena. Which leaves them exposed.

I think to pull of a sure win, the BHs need to keep IG-88 out of action. Destroying him will be difficult, but Aurra Sing might be able to keep him occupied if she uses her lightsabers. We also need to consider how the mercenaries will fare about B2 battle droids and vice versa, and they will be instrumental to controlling the middle and providing cover fire and support.