Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FRUAD. - Expansion.

Joesixxpack
04.11.2013 , 12:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by philmycoke View Post
Dear sir or madam,

As you are aware false advertising or misleading advertising is not regulated online however legal proceedings can be used to compensate and reward remedies for the victims.

I am accusing you of false advertising and mislead adverts in order to exhort money out of me.

I am also accusing you of ignoring my request for help on this matter since the 08/04/2013.

you are still using “early access” and “pre order” in the main adverts on your own website.

This is to mislead the people into thinking the “early access” is still available when they date ended on the 07/01/2013. however this date is not highlighted enough to give me or others accurate information on weather the “early access” has ended. In fact it gives the impression that we can still enrol.

So I bought Rise of the Hutt Cartel on 20/01/2013 under the assumption that the advertising which stated "Pre Order to get early access" would give me early access. Now people in fleet are saying similar things.
Your use of the 1980's edition of "formal letter guide for people who don't write formal letters" was good for a chuckle.

ScarletBlaze
04.11.2013 , 01:01 PM | #22
The problem you would have would be proving it was false and since it clearly stated early access if you brought the expansion by January 7 you would have no case. In fact the attorneys I know would most likely think you were joking and laugh about it until they figured out you were serious and then explain to you that you have no case.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

TheNahash
04.11.2013 , 01:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Burchnall View Post
I mean, the pre-order ppl can go mine all the good slicing boxes, bioanalysis nodes and what-not to lvl their crew-skills faster, so its not like they aren't being given an advantage.
It's not an advantage. It's a reward for pre-ordering by a specific date that was known to everyone and taking the risk of spending 10$ in something that could potentially turn out to be awful.
As for the nodes...it's not like the "good slicing boxes and bioanalysis nodes" are not going to respawn and be there for you to gather when you get the expansion...

Presumably too the quests in Makebh give more xp so they'd be lvling 'faster' than a non-pre order and even if we reach 55 which would take till ...what...sunday :P if your running a few characters, early access pre-orders would still have been able to run the hm fp first and have better-gear than us pre-ordered subs without early access.
Of course they do: they are higher level quests than, say, Black Hole Dailies.
But how can you compare leveling to just capping out on level 50? Once you reach -1 XP from level 51 you can't get more, so it's not "faster" since you are not comparing two equal ways of leveling: your way is not leveling, it's capping out so you get to start Makeb as 51.

As for the better gear thing, really? It's 5 days, not 5 months. Unless you spend 24/7 playing this game, you will always be outgeared by someone.
And that's even besides the point. 1-2 months down the line these 5 days will not make any difference whatsoever.

I just feel really... disappointed in Bioware's launch of this expansion. I would have pre-ordered before January 7th too since I pretty much pre-ordered 2-3 days after I started playing but as I said I've only been in the game for 3 months or so.
You have to understand something very basic about how a company approaches incentives when it comes to pre-ordering something: they are not trying to please customers who might join and might stay 2-3 months later, they are trying to keep their current customer base.

When the expansion was announced the incentives (esp. 5-day early access) were something for people who were already playing the game and those who had recently joined. The prospect of playing the expansion earlier than others was the carrot on the stick, mainly because we didn't really know that much about the expansion back then so there was no other reason to pre-order it if you were on the fence.

Let me give you some examples:
Those that pre-ordered the game before launch (and I'm talking about the original release) got a black-yellow crystal. Those that bought the game after its release didn't.
Then, the people who stayed subbed to the game, got the "Founder" title. Those that joined later on, didn't.
Also, the people who stayed subbed got a Tauntaun Ram Pet. Those that come after April 25, 2011 didn't.

Rewards are a way for companies to make people want to stay, or pre-order or whatever. People that come or sub after those reward periods are over, don't get them. Otherwise, there is no reason for people to pre-order something. They will just play it safe and buy/re-sub if and when the expansion proves that it's worth it.

TheBBP
04.11.2013 , 06:58 PM | #24
This is currently the most idiotic thread on the forums. If you think that a judge is going to side with you because you did not look down the page to the info that happens to be in all caps by the way, then you are clearly dumb. It has always been marked with a cut-off date. That is why so many of us made sure to get out pre-order in. That is why there have periodically been threads on these forums of people crying because they missed the cut-off date for whatever reason.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

DarthMat
04.12.2013 , 06:38 AM | #25
Froid's cousin right? The one who came up with the idea of the Id..iot? =D

freud?

AlexDougherty
04.12.2013 , 09:11 AM | #26
It's not Fraud, the advert clearly states when the early access offer ran out, nor is it misleading, as the advert clearly states when the early access offer ran out.

Nor is it unfair, we who got early access took a gamble, got loads of stick for it (it's going to be free for everyone threads), and yes we get five days early access, but some people finished it in two days, so not much advantage there either.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Zerorder
04.12.2013 , 02:57 PM | #27
Many bundled panties I sense here. Bundled panties leads to mispelling. Mispelling leads to community taunts. Taunts leads to rage quitting. Not let the door hit you on the way out, yes!

XantosCledwin
04.13.2013 , 02:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by XantosCledwin View Post
Question. Has Bioware actually stated anywhere that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be added to the list of features that is available to Free to Play players? I mean I don't recall seeing it listed anywhere as being the case... but if it is, then why would anyone in their right mind pay for the expansion pack in the first place, unless all they wanted were the cool special features you get for purchasing the expansion pack? Because honestly playing the expansion pack a whole week before the rest of the population is not that huge of a perk when everyone can do it. Especially when PvP is now tiered the way it is and the level 55 people can't interact with anyone below that level in warzones.
So I am guessing no one saw me ask this, seeing as how it was at the bottom of a page?
The Cledwin Legacy of the Shadowlands Server
Fanfiction Author Profile

AlexDougherty
04.13.2013 , 03:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by XantosCledwin View Post
So I am guessing no one saw me ask this, seeing as how it was at the bottom of a page?
Saw it, didn't think it was that important.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Manhand
04.13.2013 , 05:27 PM | #30
You've probably already weakened your case against them by making this thread.