Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 04: Shaak Ti vs. Luminara Unduli

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 04: Shaak Ti vs. Luminara Unduli

marcelo_sdk
04.13.2013 , 09:37 AM | #111
Turns out we had some debate. When I first read the topic, tought it would be over in a day, but it's almost a week and the cal hasn't been made yet. Aurbere, the rest after Plagueis vs. Vitiate that you planned will have to come another time. (or not)

Aurbere
04.13.2013 , 09:48 AM | #112
Alright, I think it's time to call this one. In the beginning of this match, victory seemed almost assured for Shaak Ti, but later on we saw Luminara voters put up a staunch resistance.

However, there can be only one victor. During their long and tedious duel, Luminara Unduli's defense was too difficult to penetrate in a straight duel, forcing Shaak Ti to resort to other tactics. Shaak Ti's ability to know her environment in great detail, and her natural abilities for stealth, allowed her to temporarily abandon the duel. It was during this time that Luminara became overly confident.

When Shaak Ti re-engaged, she took advantage of Luminara's over confidence to pick up the victory.

I want to remind everyone that I do not make these decisions lightly. Very tough choice to make. It was very close.

Our next match-up shall see the Blade of Dorin battle the Maverick of the Jedi Order.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

marcelo_sdk
04.13.2013 , 10:09 AM | #113
Plo Koon vs. Qui-Gonn? That will be interesting...

Aurbere
04.13.2013 , 05:03 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Query: Is Ventress in this tournament?
Yes she is. The list in the home thread has all of them. Just ignore Eeth Koth and Darth Tenebrous.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Ventessel
04.14.2013 , 10:34 AM | #116
Seriously? It's such a weak argument to say that "so and so will become overconfident", it's a very ambiguous term and hardly implies that Luminara Unduli would abandon the staunch defense that had worked so well. If Shaak Ti cannot overcome Unduli's defenses, her defeat becomes practically inevitable.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Beniboybling
04.14.2013 , 11:38 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Seriously? It's such a weak argument to say that "so and so will become overconfident", it's a very ambiguous term and hardly implies that Luminara Unduli would abandon the staunch defense that had worked so well. If Shaak Ti cannot overcome Unduli's defenses, her defeat becomes practically inevitable.
TBH, I don't think that's even how the battle would have gone. Shaak Ti would have won the initial engagement by breaking through Unduli's defenses with a flurry of Ataru or powerful Force based attack. Based on the fact that Unduli's skill with Soresu was not skilled enough to defend against an attack from Ventress. I realise know her 'blindness' would not even have been an issue as Jedi are taught from a young age to do without.

But anyway, when's the next debate coming out? Hopefully soon!

Aurbere
04.14.2013 , 12:25 PM | #118
I created the provided scenario based upon all of the provided arguments, many of which implied Luminara would become overconfident. However, understand that there are several scenarios for Shaak Ti's victory. I just chose the one that took every argument into account. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but it is final.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

But anyway, when's the next debate coming out? Hopefully soon!
Should be posted soon.