awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

astrobearx

as anyone who play pvp knows that there is two things that is certain to happen in any match

1.you will inevitably die

2. you will be stun,root or hit with some ability that wont allow you to move

sometimes 2 will always lead to 1

bioware heard the many cry of MANY players to either nerf the stuns or do something to fix the issue.

so bioware intially did in the upcoming 2.2 patch

" keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2)"

but apparently a FEW supa l33t players who DIDNT even test the new mechanic on the PTS got bioware to instantly cave in and wont be including this into 2.2

Hey Gang,

After hearing your feedback from this thread (and others like it), we've decided to hold off on any changes to the control system (and in this case, the stunbreak) for now. We feel like the amount of control still isn't where we really want it to be, and while we think this would have taken a small step towards improving that situation, your feedback has convinced us that it comes with bigger consequences than we are willing to accept. So while we are going to revert all of the stunbreak changes, we will continue to work on improving the control system for the future. However, at this point we won't be making any changes for the upcoming 2.2 patch.

Thanks for your feedback and assistance

GG BIOWARE G FRICKING G

PLEASE MOAR STUNFEST PL0X:mad:

OK, im not that mad, but come on if you arent going to do the death cc breaker reset then make the resolve better or something. dont let us go to 2.2 and dont try to deal with this issue

Edited by astrobearx

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They always bend to the vocal minority here. You should know that by now.

i do know, but this is still BS.

i wouldnt even mind the removal if bioware at least made the resolve bar better or lower the cc breakers cd a bit.but no, they arent doing ***** to remedy the stunfest.

Edited by astrobearx

I was really disappointed by this as well. Stuns are out of control in this game and they aren't doing much about it. I can understand, however, why they were hesitant to make this big change,

The next obvious solution is to lower the cooldown on the stun breaker. It's a small change and it could make a huge difference to alleviate the fact that people feel CC'd all the time.

The next change they can make is to have some stuns make you invincible to the same type of stun/MEz in the next 10 seconds or so.

Would you rather have PvP where you just target one and other then raid do a raid DPS showdown?

Everyone has the same disadvantage so no need to feel singled out. Just learn to use your stun break at the moment so you can suffer to a smaller amount then the average guy.

If you understood why their idea was overall bad for PvP, you'd know better than to blame others.

Nobody is against reducing controlling effects in PvP than we have currently, but if not done correctly, the ramifications are disastrous in WZ's. Currently there is a command in-game to allow anyone to "insta die" and spawn, which essentially allows anyone to "reset" their stun break at any given time (2 min CD as well, so hypothetically 4-5 times per match). This would break PvP in the Ranked aspect, and even be abused in the Regular WZ's. I won't even touch on how that "idea" would work with certain classes, but that would literally gimp a few.

I'm all for the reduction and a change to how the system works, but to be quite frank, the way the system was Pre 1.4 was just fine and it needs to return. If they revert back to that change, players would see much less control over their character, all the while making their CC break even more useful. It's not about "l33t stun loving pvpers" as you call it, but by the same token you NEED to have CC in the game with how the WZ's currently work. Resetting your breaker upon each death is not the answer, especially when combined with the abuse of /stuck.

The 1.4 Change (below)

PvP

General

1. The Resolve system has been adjusted in the following ways:

1. When a player becomes immune to control due to Resolve, his Resolve meter will not start decaying until after all the current controlling effects expire (instead of decaying immediately after the immunity begins).

1. Players under the effects of a control ability now build less Resolve for other control abilities that target them. The exact amount of Resolve the player builds is based on the time remaining on the ability currently controlling the player and the relative strength of that ability's effect. If two stuns of similar strength (such as Electrocute and Debilitate) target a single player at the same time, the second ability would generate very little Resolve. However, if the two effects were applied so that the duration of their effects overlapped very little, each effect would grant its full (or nearly full) Resolve to the target.

Edited by Pistols

If you understood why their idea was overall bad for PvP, you'd know better than to blame others.

Nobody is against reducing controlling effects in PvP than we have currently, but if not done correctly, the ramifications are disastrous in WZ's. Currently there is a command in-game to allow anyone to "insta die" and spawn, which essentially allows anyone to "reset" their stun break at any given time. This would break PvP in the Ranked aspect, and even be abused in the Regular WZ's. I won't even touch on how that "idea" would work with certain classes, but that would literally gimp a few.

I'm all for the reduction and a change to how the system works, but to be quite frank, the way the system was Pre 1.4 was just fine. If they revert back to that change, players would see much less control over their character, all the while making their CC break even more useful. It's not about "l33t stun loving pvpers" as you call it, but by the same token you NEED to have CC in the game with how the WZ's currently work. Resetting your breaker upon each death is not the answer, especially when combined with the abuse of /stuck.

I think a big part for reverting the change is the fact that healers would be even more unbelievably unstoppable. In a way I am upset that it didn't get changed but I understand that some people pointed out the major ramifications to healing.

I think a big part for reverting the change is the fact that healers would be even more unbelievably unstoppable. In a way I am upset that it didn't get changed but I understand that some people pointed out the major ramifications to healing.

Also take into account, player revives, which could also have reset the break. It essentially changes how the WZ's operate, and truth be told (and while I agree with trying to find a balance), this just wasn't it. I'm glad they took some feedback and applied the change, I just wish peeps understood the reasoning (or rather they gave a simple answer to others), but I think /stuck was the main culprit here.

ok maybe the supa l33t stun loving pvper line was a bit much, but im sorry im tired of getting stunned and rooted every 8 seconds (an exaggeration for sure, but you know what i mean)

if it was better pre1.4 , then revert back to it or lower the stun breaker CD time. just dont let us go to 2.2 and dont do anything after you guys made such a big deal on fixing the stunfest.

that all im saying

Edited by astrobearx

1.you will inevitably die

2. you will be stun,root or hit with some ability that wont allow you to move

sometimes 2 will always lead to 1

I love you so much. Hahaha, oh man, that is seriously hilarious! "sometimes 2 will always lead to 1" he says.

Comedy.

Gold.

Much love to you, brother.

Another gem:

GG BIOWARE G FRICKING G

PLEASE MOAR STUNFEST PL0X:mad:

OK, im not that mad, but come on if you arent going to do the death cc breaker reset then make the resolve better or something. dont let us go to 2.2 and dont try to deal with this issue

I love that you aren't mad, but you just had to use ALL CAPS for effect. Again, much love to you. lol Edited by Zalekanzer

Stuns are fine. There are already threads of people complaining about overpowered healing. Imagine what will happen if you tone down ccs any further.

Imagine all the smash sentinels running amok, and cannot be killed nor stopped because you cant CC them.

Voidstar matches would be even worse than it is now. No one will ever see beyond the first doors.

Ancient hypergates would be dumbed down. Sap and cap? forget it, just go to mid and slug it out.

Fire pits? not a problem.

CCs are frustrating, yes, but are also necessary. I think BW have got the balance quite well.

I love you so much. Hahaha, oh man, that is seriously hilarious! "sometimes 2 will always lead to 1" he says.

Comedy.

Gold.

Much love to you, brother.

Another gem:

I love that you aren't mad, but you just had to use ALL CAPS for effect. Again, much love to you. lol

1st line

because stuns and roots DO always lead to you dying. im not sure what are you trying to hint at here? please elaborate.

2nd line

oh im mad as my other posts will indicated, however, within my rage while i type the OP, i decide that going all "HULK SMASH" wasnt good enough to warrant a ending to the OP.

again, im not sure what your intention? perhaps its to mock me or something? :confused:

i will admit, im a bit dense when it come to sarcasm or etc.

to the other poster, while i know CC has it uses in pvp, especially to stealths

(i even posted a thread on ninja capping here -------> PVP: the things you don'ts and dos as ninja capper

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=619021), but the stunbubbles and rooting is getting out of control.

in fact, that the main reason for the change BW wanted to give in pvp via 2.2, BW finally decided to take action against the stunfest in pvp right now,;however, instead of fixing the issues that the stun breaker death reset could bring or find alternative, they just drew their hand in the air and is like "well at least try, oh well i guess we mid as well leave the problem as it is then trying to find something else to fix the problem. i mean we couldnt lower the stun remover CD or alter the resolve bar or SOMETHING!!! nonononono we just get back to later and totally disappoint those who got excited over OUR ANNOUNCEMENT of this new feature/fix the the stunfest."

bottom line, im angry because they dangle the worm in front of my face and covertly took it away on the PTS. i mean, damn im not one for QQing, but this is just silly.

whatever though, no one really cares anyway

Edited by astrobearx

Would you rather have PvP where you just target one and other then raid do a raid DPS showdown?

Yes, that's exactly what they want. No tactics, no thinking, no strategic use of disabling abilities, no healing, no tanking. They just want a boring DPS race with the other guy.

I'm glad Bioware ignores them.

It's more so they messed up when they gave every class a stun. It just makes it stupidly easy to make it stun wars in any game. Not to mention every class has an interrupt too. Bad class design on their part and they can't fix it. Edited by spectreclees

Not always. Sometimes they simply make the improvement and ignore the QQ. Sadly, this was not one of those times.

For those who understand PvP, it very much was indeed one of those times.

Bads tend to disagree.

Everyone has the same disadvantage so no need to feel singled out. Just learn to use your stun break at the moment so you can suffer to a smaller amount then the average guy.

No, no, it's much better when you stun people and dps them down. That way you don't have to worry about staying at melee range, getting los'd, your target using an escape or a def cd or a heal or a potion or even fighting back. It takes much more skill when you just stun them and you and two of your friends fire off their pve rotations - taktix ftw.

Edited by Savej

so wait, i am a "bad" because i sick and tired of the stuns and rooting? :confused:

No, you're bad because you think the vocal minority were QQ'ing and the team made a bad decision based on that, without even understanding the impact that change would have brought on. To you, it's about reducing stun lock and rooting only, to those who understand PvP, it's about wrecking gameplay with that change. You seem to not understand, that that vocal minority wants to have the same as you, but they knew that the proposed idea would not work and fail in WZ's.

My suggestion, would be to read the PTS thread on this issue, or read my first post in this thread detailing why.

It's not an opinion, it's fact.

Edited by Pistols

so wait, i am a "bad" because i sick and tired of the stuns and rooting? :confused:

Think about it just for a moment, cc breaker reset on death. People will have to kill themselves while playing def if they pop their breaker, dying on purpose would be a new neta. Does that sound like fun? Being expected to kill yourself? Not capping a door in voidstar because cc'ing those that rezz would no longer be a viable option, since people will just break it.?

Does that sound like fun?