Galactic Command - Dark vs Light Livestream

EricMusco

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DvL battles seem to be "super-group" activities, or even a "mini-event." Everybody (theoretically) participates, it winds up with roving world bosses (hey, look at that, something they couldn't do without Level Sync :D) and then the winners get access to rewards for a short time.

If you miss it, the event will be around again.

Eric, what will be in place to discourage "win trading"?

What keeps a large zerg guild(s) from controlling the side that will win (like we see happening in conquest) by having all members on a set side, and once the war is over and bonuses collected swapping to opposite faction alts to kill the spawns... would this even be a viable way to max the GC point gains?

Eric, what will be in place to discourage "win trading"?

What keeps a large zerg guild(s) from controlling the side that will win (like we see happening in conquest) by having all members on a set side, and once the war is over and bonuses collected swapping to opposite faction alts to kill the spawns... would this even be a viable way to max the GC point gains?

Really good question. A few cheaters ruin things for everyone

Devs, can you tell me how you will fix the game after the majority of the players will leave because of the crap you are releasing in 5.0? Polish a turd it is still a turd. I have some idea's but when was the last time you actually listened to the player base community? RNG Loot crates for end game really? There was a reason the ORIGINAL DEVELOPER TEAM reverted to the current gearing system up through 4.0 that you left in place 3.0 and 4.0 is because RNG CRATES DIDN'T WORK!!!! Here is how to fix it.. Go back to 2.0 gearing system, not hard at all. Let players control the RNG not the game. I don't want to sit and waste 5 freaking belts that I have no use for in back to back crates or have a 1/84 chance for an implant I need. Or give us tokens through crates that we can choose the set bonus piece we need by a vendor. I am puzzled that the COMMUNITY OF PLAYERS IS EATING YOU DEV'S ALIVE ON THIS RNG SCALE and we hear nothing about it. It is like you guys are running a skeleton crew for this game. It is really a shame to see this game decline since 3.0. You can't say the community player base is high. I bet it is less than 3 million players. A few casuals and new players may enjoy the RNG system till they realize ... why do I have 3 of the same chest piece or 3 of the same belt or 3 of the same other piece, I think you catch my drift. And in this stream, I didn't get to watch it, but from friends that did watch YOU DEVS DID NOT TOUCH AT ALL IF ANY ON HOW TO FIND A RESOLUTION IN THIS CONUNDRUM THAT YOU DEVS HAVE STARTED. Well I put 2 ways to fix it as many others have also put idea's out, but with less than 45 days to go, I bet YOU DEVS WILL JUST LEAVE THE SYSTEM AS IS AND NOT DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT. I would stake my entire guild credits that you won't change the gearing system and we are currently sitting close to 100 million.

Devs, can you tell me how you will fix the game after the majority of the players will leave because of the crap you are releasing in 5.0? Polish a turd it is still a turd. I have some idea's but when was the last time you actually listened to the player base community? RNG Loot crates for end game really? There was a reason the ORIGINAL DEVELOPER TEAM reverted to the current gearing system up through 4.0 that you left in place 3.0 and 4.0 is because RNG CRATES DIDN'T WORK!!!! Here is how to fix it.. Go back to 2.0 gearing system, not hard at all. Let players control the RNG not the game. I don't want to sit and waste 5 freaking belts that I have no use for in back to back crates or have a 1/84 chance for an implant I need. Or give us tokens through crates that we can choose the set bonus piece we need by a vendor. I am puzzled that the COMMUNITY OF PLAYERS IS EATING YOU DEV'S ALIVE ON THIS RNG SCALE and we hear nothing about it. It is like you guys are running a skeleton crew for this game. It is really a shame to see this game decline since 3.0. You can't say the community player base is high. I bet it is less than 3 million players. A few casuals and new players may enjoy the RNG system till they realize ... why do I have 3 of the same chest piece or 3 of the same belt or 3 of the same other piece, I think you catch my drift. And in this stream, I didn't get to watch it, but from friends that did watch YOU DEVS DID NOT TOUCH AT ALL IF ANY ON HOW TO FIND A RESOLUTION IN THIS CONUNDRUM THAT YOU DEVS HAVE STARTED. Well I put 2 ways to fix it as many others have also put idea's out, but with less than 45 days to go, I bet YOU DEVS WILL JUST LEAVE THE SYSTEM AS IS AND NOT DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT. I would stake my entire guild credits that you won't change the gearing system and we are currently sitting close to 100 million.

Clearly there is no dev left that remember the battlemaster RNG disaster. Pretty sad looking at them making the same obvious mistakes over and over again: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”

Fits perfectly.

Will the regular update (15 minutes or whatever it becomes) of the balance of Dark vs Light be something separate accessed by interested players? Or, will there be another placard appearing (and often not disappearing) from the screen along the lines of the Stronghold/Guild Controls placards? I truly hope it is not the latter.

Eric,

During today's stream, you said that the KOTET wrap up stream would be on November 24. Do you guys really plan on doing a stream on Thanksgiving?

They said on the stream they'll move it, probably to November 23.

How will queuing up as a group work using the new setup. I don't see an option to que the whole group up for say pvp. And at what point will you decide if you are going light side or dark

From what I understand, they'll not remove any of the existing ways to queue up. The Command window is for the casual players who don't know how to queue up. But you can still queue via group finder etc. like you currently do.

Will the regular update (15 minutes or whatever it becomes) of the balance of Dark vs Light be something separate accessed by interested players? Or, will there be another placard appearing (and often not disappearing) from the screen along the lines of the Stronghold/Guild Controls placards? I truly hope it is not the latter.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing this message on fleet, but it must be disabled in HM/NiM raids and ranked arenas, and maybe in normal warzones, SM raids and flashpoints as well. Or at least there should be an interface option to disable it so it won't distract.

Edited by Jerba

I want to get behind Dark v Light, however the implementation makes it seem completely arbitrary.

I know the idea is to make it feel frantic but instead it makes it seem like if you log on and find your side is losing, wait an hour get the bonus and try again. If you have less than an hour and a half to play, don't bother as chances are anything you contribute will be finished before you next get on.

As for the idea that guilds will get together 8 or 16 people and go running to all the spawn points as identified on Dulfy,net (where we get all our game info), sure some guilds will do this but for most it will be a case of meh. Clearly you will be adding classic Jedi robes to the Lightside vendor (which will encourage some people that may have no interest in the game to roll light and get the token) but outside of this it seems that you get your 15 mates together (no small feat these days) and travel to the spawn point and hope some other guild hasn't beaten you there. For some cosmetic gear tokens...

Why does this feel like its going to go the way of Space PvE, GSF, CE vendor, heroics, star fortress, Eternal Championship and all the other aspects of the game that were added, implemented badly and forgotten about until they are rehashed as new content.

We are told too many commendations and crystals in the live stream and it was confusing, if people can't grasp pvp Comms for pvp gear, the surprising use of common crystals at the common crystal vendor, more ground breaking was using elite crystals at the elite crystal vendor and even more revolutionary to use ultimate crystals at the ultimate crystal vendor and DAMN BW for putting these vendors beside each other... So confusing that it has been fine since launch

(yes some name changes and tweaking but has always bee 2 pvp lvls and 3 crystal lvls of gear) and 5 years later you change it.

The change is the confusing bit..... Wasn't broken yet you have "fixed" it, how about fix what is an issue and leave what isn't alone.

"Difficult due to the stupid Comms we get" or "difficult due to lack of content" which you think you hear more of.......

They should have created a boring meter. So you want me to run the same Op 5000 times to get a Icon to light up? This game is so lame. Who cares about Galactic Command? I'm not going to do your same quests, missions, warzones, flash points over and over to get some stupid meter to change color. Create content instead! Bring out 5 new weekly events. The Gree, Thorn, Bounty Hunter have long went past the getting old stage. Maybe have it so we can run heroics or flash points with a all companion group. And if you come out with a expansion make sure you have a ending. This Fallen Empire I grade it as F and reason is because assignment wasn't complete. We never got all of out companions back. And why build a huge alliance and then they don't get used? Who's running this game? It's a sad state of affairs to say the least. Now go ahead and create something else totally useless maybe come out with more costumes and light saber that has no hilt.