Retired from crafting

Bonzenaattori

*Facepalms*

And Cybertechs no longer do armorings! It's all part of the great "We're changing crafting not because it needs it, but because we CAN--and we have nothing better to do with our time and your sub money!"

Edited by MSchuyler

And Cybertechs no longer do armorings! It's all part of the great "We're changing crafting not because it needs it, but because we CAN--and we have nothing better to do with our time and your sub money!"

^ I have to agree with you, that a lot of change do feel like that. Some I think are good, and do think this could have been handled a lot better. For example why remove gift fragments from Treasure Hunting? I used those a ton to help finish off the more picky companion.

No it makes sense what they did.. almost all the crafting class now craft a moddable piece of gear. Sure biochem doesn't get a piece, but they get to craft the three most frequently used comsumables in the game; medpacks, stims, and adrenals.

Some classes get double duty... ears, implants, and mods kits and cybertech still have the always fun PvP grenades.

However, leaving Artiface out to dry with just hilts is a sin. Their crystals are joke since bioware sells them, their dyes are a bigger joke since bioware sells them (or the dyes are available as faction rewards), and to top that off, Artiface can't reverse engineer into end game quality relics.. like the other classes can with their items, because reasons.

However, leaving Artiface out to dry with just hilts is a sin. Their crystals are joke since bioware sells them, their dyes are a bigger joke since bioware sells them (or the dyes are available as faction rewards)

I disagree. My most used dyes come from Artifice. They have some of the better colors in my opinion. At the very least they don't require purchasing packs if I want to get another one. In that way their availability and pricing are much more static. CM dyes can get very expensive when the pack they come from is discontinued.

Artiface can't reverse engineer into end game quality relics.. like the other classes can with their items, because reasons.

I don't think this is true. They just can't craft HM/SM equivalent relics. It says nothing about them being unable to craft the actual HM/SM relics:

• Crafters can now make gear equivalent to Story and Hard Mode Operations gear:
  • Relics cannot be crafted in this method.

Why bother leveling up anything, when they could just yank the rug out from under it next patch?

You don't have to. They're giving you 3 leveled profs with the free 60:

"Start a New Character at Level 60! All subscribers will be granted one Start at 60 character unlock on October 27th (Subscribers with Early Access will receive their unlock on October 20th). New Level 60 Characters start the game in Chapter I: “The Hunt” ready to hit the ground running with a full set of level appropriate gear and Crew Skills. Additional level 60 character unlocks can be purchased from the Cartel Market at a later date."

Take cybertech on your free level 60. Then you can still make enhancements, without having to level the profession.

Yea but that's what I took artifice for before.

Cybertech is just not worth taking full stop now. I had 17 characters with cybertech and only 2 with artifice. Why because that's was what I wanted my toons to craft. on one sever, this is basically same across all severs for me.

Now every character I have which already total well over 200 across my accounts will take slicing only. No need for anything else as with these charges most craft mats will not even be worth selling. So if I did take scavenging and arachnology it would only be to sell items to venders, not sure the reword is worth the time to gather them.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

"Start a New Character at Level 60! All subscribers will be granted one Start at 60 character unlock on October 27th (Subscribers with Early Access will receive their unlock on October 20th). New Level 60 Characters start the game in Chapter I: “The Hunt” ready to hit the ground running with a full set of level appropriate gear and Crew Skills. Additional level 60 character unlocks can be purchased from the Cartel Market at a later date."

You forget that all start at level 60 get there craft chosen for them, so you get which craft BW has deemed most appropriate for that class.

You forget that all start at level 60 get there craft chosen for them, so you get which craft BW has deemed most appropriate for that class.

I didn't forget, I simply wasn't aware that's how it works. I'd love to read more if you have a source for this.

And even if that's how it works, you can still choose the class that comes preloaded with the profession you want. Right?

The skills are pre-selected by Bioware, as is the character's entire history through at least their entire class story. There's no "tell us about yourself" quiz like at the start of DA2, for example.

so cybertech being able to make mods and enhancements but no longer being able to make armorings somehow ruins cybertech...... ahhuh

you guys realize that with the mastery change there would only be 2 armorings to make instead of 8

And one of them is made by armormech man that makes no sense.

Current cybertechs should be overjoyed because making enhancements should be way more profitable than 2 armorings since there will be way more competition in that.

The skills are pre-selected by Bioware, as is the character's entire history through at least their entire class story. There's no "tell us about yourself" quiz like at the start of DA2, for example.

Wasn't aware of that. But if your primary concern is crafting, then simply pick the class that comes with the profession you're after, yes? Admittedly, that cuts down on your options of getting three of your choice, but still makes it possible to choose cybertech to still have the ability to make the enhancements that artifice is losing.