SWTOR Companion gift (Updated for 2019)

DarthEnrique

This list only list the gifts that will give the highest influence for companions in the game including Shae Vizla, Nico Okarr, Master Ranos, Darth Hexid and Paxton Rall. Hope this helps. Not sure this is the right spot to put it in but I really wanted to put a new updated list out here for you guys.

Edit: I have now moved this to a Google Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q8jwjx1QkooWHTSXJrjfJPFNkE9wzjNZXxlEjo6Ze6M/

Edited by DarthEnrique

Very Usefull, but

Courting

♥Mako/ ♥Torian Cadera / ♥Ensign Raina Temple / ♥Ashara Zavros / ♥Vette / ♥Lieutenant Felix Iresso/ Doc / ♥Nadia Grell / ♥Corso Riggs / ♥Elara Dorne

is not working and has been bugged for years.

Very Usefull, but

is not working and has been bugged for years.

Oh so it's all courting gifts that are bugged. Thought it was only the KOTFE ones like Theron. Will completely remove them from the list.

Add-on: Actually I just marked it that Courting gifts are bugged and not working.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Oh so it's all courting gifts that are bugged. Thought it was only the KOTFE ones like Theron. Will completely remove them from the list.

Add-on: Actually I just marked it that Courting gifts are bugged and not working.

I should have been a bit clearer in my statement, the Courting Gifts themselves are not bugged, they just don't work with romanced Companions. You can still give them to companions who Like or Favorite them, for example Guss Tuno or M1-4X, but there is currently no companion that will get the maximum points possible for them.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

I should have been a bit clearer in my statement, the Courting Gifts themselves are not bugged, they just don't work with romanced Companions. You can still give them to companions who Like or Favorite them, for example Guss Tuno or M1-4X, but there is currently no companion that will get the maximum points possible for them.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

No I understood, seeing as this is a list of how companions can get maximum points from certain gifts the fact that the Courting gifts are bugged and not working as it should on the companions who normally would get the maximum points when you give courting gifts to romanced companions, it is bugged and not working as it should. Hopefully they will fix it but it doesn't look like they will ever get around to it.

Add-on: I added a note for clarification in the list.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Yes, it is bugged, but my response was written from my point of view and for me it makes a lot more sense that each Companion has a table that references which Gift gives how many points instead of the other way round. Therefore the Bug IMHO lies with the Companions.

No I understood....

I assumed as much. I was thinking of the new player that stumbles over your Thread and wanted to point out that Courting Gifts do have value, just not as much as they could have.

I think weapons are the only thing that Dark Jaesa loves. Luxuries and trophies grant the second highest increase, at least they do after her return.

She is not mentioned in the Trophy list at all and the Luxuries only work when you romanced a dark sided Jaesa unless that is now bugged too.

Edited by DarthEnrique

• 5 weeks later...
As it stands giving a romanced companion a Courting gift will not work at all and will give 0 points.

As an absolute, this statement isn't true. Vette, Doc, Quinn, and possibly others (but definitely those three) do gain *some* points from Courting gifts (romanced or not), but not the maximum possible. (That is, the gain isn't universally *zero*.)

As an absolute, this statement isn't true. Vette, Doc, Quinn, and possibly others (but definitely those three) do gain *some* points from Courting gifts (romanced or not), but not the maximum possible. (That is, the gain isn't universally *zero*.)

I wish people would get the point of this list: It’s a list for maximum influence from companion gifts, not moderate or small influence gain but the maximum (aka largest) influence points. To continual point out that courting gifts give influence when they don’t gain the maximum is confusing to people who look at this list. The title of the list is Gift “LOVE” List not here’s minimum and moderate influence gains. Honestly anything below Large Influence Gain is a waste anyway.

Edited by DarthEnrique

I wish people would get the point of this list: It’s a list for maximum influence from companion gifts, not moderate or small influence gain but the maximum (aka largest) influence points. To continual point out that courting gifts give influence when they don’t gain the maximum is confusing to people who look at this list. The title of the list is Gift “LOVE” List not here’s minimum and moderate influence gains. Honestly anything below Large Influence Gain is a waste anyway.

Fair point, but it's still wrong to say that they give no points at all on romanced companions. (That's all I was saying.) Vette always got *some* points from them, and still does, except that she only gets those "some" points, and not the "romanced companion" boost.

We do get Courting gifts, sometimes random, sometimes deterministic, from various sources(1), so noting the non-zero nature of certain companions is a good thing. It allows people who *have* those companions to make a better-informed decision about how to dispose of those Courting gifts. (Choose between destroy, vendor, GTN, give)

I guess there are two versions of this list: one organised by companion (which gift types are best per companion) and one organised by gift type (which companions are best per gift type). Courting gifts won't appear on the first version because they aren't best for anyone (? maybe, what about Nico?), but they will appear on the second.

(1) Random: Alliance crates, crew skill missions, occasional drops from killed foes. Deterministic: mostly companion love letters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just a heads up, just did Gault Rennow and he definitely no longer loves technology gifts. :) Luxury gives significantly more, can't give exact numbers because of gear influence bonuses and I swapped out a few pieces. Almost worth making a gear set just for leveling companions.