Where can I get the Eternity Vault Operation at?

HokeyWolverine

First, congratulations on reaching level 50 and finishing your class story! :csw_r2d2:

Now it's a different game alltogether that starts.

you can use the group finder so that the system assembles a group from all the people in queue to do story mode, but most people will frown on you if you butt in unprepared. Don't hesitate to tell everyone that it's your first time, as they'll be more inclined to help you, but people will definitely look more favourably on you if you've done your homework before jumping into the battle.

A little guide on getting yourself geared up, from Dulfy (callsign "iwipe" on the forum)

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/28/swtor-dailies-and-pve-endgame-gearing-in-1-5/

A forum with strategies on the different bosses of the eternity vault operation

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/forum-39.html

You may want to look for a guild too. Most (if not all) the content at endgame is best enjoyed in organized groups (pvp or pve).

Edited by Oggthebase

Thank you very much for the advice. This definitely helps but I still don't know where to get the mission at initially! Also, I've always just used the general chat to get groups together. How do I use the group finder? I saw another thread while looking for answers to these questions that mentioned checking a box in order to get the daily comms also. What does this mean and how does it work?

Thank you very much for the advice. This definitely helps but I still don't know where to get the mission at initially! Also, I've always just used the general chat to get groups together. How do I use the group finder? I saw another thread while looking for answers to these questions that mentioned checking a box in order to get the daily comms also. What does this mean and how does it work?

At about 10:00 on the mini-map is a little icon of 3 (?) people. Open that and select your role and the storymode operations. Hit queue and when a group is available you'll get a pop up window. You can teleport directly to the mission start at this point.

You can get the quest from the PVE terminal on the fleet stations. It's in the outer ring near the PVE gear vendors. You'll also get a reward (commendations) for doing it via group finder automatically, as long as you do a "random" operation or flashpoint (there are only 2 operations available via group finder).

Prior to queuing, you should look up the basics of hte fights either on a site like Dulfy/Iwipe's or watch some tutorials on Youtube (Elite Gaming raid guides are pretty good). The boss fights aren't especially hard, but they do require you to know the mechanics. If you don't know the fight mechanics it'll be MUCH tougher. If you are a tank, it is even more important that you know the mechanics as you tend to be "driving" the action.

Edited by Infalliable

The actual quest is picked up on either the Ziost Shadow (Empire) or the Gav Daragon (Republic). These are the support ships on the fleet you can travel to and where the operations are located. As for the group finder, it is an icon right by your map.

More specifically, the mission for Eternity Vault is available from an NPC in the Belsavis Operations Hangar on the Mission Deck of the Gav Daragon. The droid that gives you the mission for Karagga's Palace is inside the instance, right behind the shuttle you board at the beginning of the Op. (In the Hutta Operations Hangar). You have to be in a group to access this one. You can only take these missions one time.

There is no longer a weekly mission available for Story Mode Ops at the Mission Terminal :mad:

Edited by Gidrea

The droid that gives you the mission for Karagga's Palace is inside the instance, right behind the shuttle you board at the beginning of the Op. (In the Hutta Operations Hangar). You have to be in a group to access this one. You can only take these missions one time.

To be more precise: what he means is that you can only have the quest FOR the Eternity Vault once. It awards you with some Tionese-commendations. But you can run the operation itself as many times as you possibly can by just walking to the door of the operation and entering.

To be more precise: what he means is that you can only have the quest FOR the Eternity Vault once. It awards you with some Tionese-commendations. But you can run the operation itself as many times as you possibly can by just walking to the door of the operation and entering.

Yes, that is what I meant, sorry! :o