Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.1.2 PvP bag changes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Turalion
02.01.2012 , 11:39 PM | #31
Do away with Centurian altogether!!! At this stage it's useless to us.

ReRuined
02.01.2012 , 11:42 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by CommandoPower View Post
Ya, ya I know March seems far away. But hang in there . Maybe roll an alt or two for pressure release when high end gets frustrating. I find myself effective with all characters in 1-49 PVP with blue gear and I roll alot of alts.
By March, Tera/D3/GW2 will be either out or in beta. I see little reason to continue playing at that point. These changes show Bioware doesn't understand they game they built or what PvPers want. I don't care if it takes longer to get PvP gear. I just want control over my progression.
Josh Mars - Valor 62 Gunslinger
Forgotten Mars - Valor xx Sage

Noctournys
02.01.2012 , 11:43 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by xOspreyx View Post
The difference between Battlemaster gear and Centurion is more than 7%. 7% to 10% is about the difference between Champion and Battlemaster. If they go through with this change, it will mean people will be stuck in Centurion/no PvP gear a lot longer than they are now and there are already plenty of valor 60 people running around. It will basically be creating a bigger barrier to entry for PvP than already exists and that's not a good thing.

I would go so far as to say that if this change is implemented as is, anyone that is serious about pvping at level 50 should shun pve entirely when leveling a character because the only way you're not going to be a target dummy forever is if you're valor 60 or close to it when you hit character level 50. That would be a pretty dull way to play the game.

This random crap is obviously the brainchild of someone high up the food chain because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it's a piss poor idea. I'm relatively certain that if it wasn't someone high up's 'baby', they would have scrapped it already.
you are awful at math if you think there is a 10% difference between BM and Champ.

(Field Tech - Sniper Gear)
Champ
87 cunning
101 endurance
46 expertise
29 crit
48 surge

BM

81 cunning
100 endurance
50 expertise
57 power
51 accuracy

+4 expertise (about 7% gain here, but DR makes it almost utterly irrelevant)
6 cunning loss
1 endurance loss
the surge and accuracy are relatively interchangeable - likelyhood though, is youll be yanking that accuracy enhancement to repalce it with crit/surge
crit v power - depends entirely on spec. Again, for most specs, the crit is more necessary.

That's not a 10% stat difference. It's barely 3%, all told, and is actually WORSE for some specs of sniper.

If you total it up over the entire set.. you gain about 60 expertise (not even .5% because of DR) gain maybe 30 endurance, and trade a lot of crit for a lot of power, something youll probably yank and replace.

It's not a big upgrade.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

Noctournys
02.01.2012 , 11:47 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
Your numbers are so wrong its laughable.

I think you need to relearn, then maybe you'll keep up.
Really? see above?

owned, son.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

AetherMcLoud
02.02.2012 , 01:15 AM | #35
What is this, I don't even?!

Why are you doing this Bioware? This change means that people who already have Champion/Battlemaster gear will keep it, while people who don't have the gear yet will have it MUCH harder to get.

The rich get richer, the poor poorer? Is this your idea of pvp loot?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

anasa
02.02.2012 , 01:25 AM | #36
Maybe they got it other way around? You get centurion with luck and commendations for champion? Wishful thinking....

They don't even play their own game.
Really-really sad right now.

Aragiel
02.02.2012 , 01:25 AM | #37
Just remove all the crappy random drops in bag.. and thats it.

make Centurion gear rank 40 valor required
Champion - rank 50 valor required
Battlemaster - rank 60 valor required

Put all bags to vendors - so they can be buyed for 200/200 warzone / mercenary comendations

Centurion bag - will give you always 5 centurion commendation
Champion - provide champions commendations
Battlemaster = provide battlemaster commendations.

Adjust daily / weekly quests to reward players with proper bags of their level (aka centurion / champion / battlemaster). Hell, who need champs bags on lvl 60? i have all my companions in champion gear.. i dont need them - i need battlemaster bags..

That way.. players will be easily geared based on their rank and therefore PVP progression - futermore maybe ranks should be "more" to add you special skills or special advantage but dont forger balance..

Alter-
02.02.2012 , 01:27 AM | #38
I cant wait for Guild Wars 2.
Just a little longer..

Ironleg
02.02.2012 , 01:29 AM | #39
Please rethink this. This is so bad that I almost feel it was written in error.

This has to be a mistake.
I'm with Jar Jar --->

DrekorSilverfang
02.02.2012 , 01:31 AM | #40
The solution to this problem:

http://imgur.com/0XTOX