Accuracy in PvP

sebakonkol

Question about accuracy in PvP

Which abillities can actually miss or be resisted or anything like that? I noticed that 5% defence in most of classes works only against melee/ranged attacks while players has no force/tech damage defence. Inquisitors has 10% melee/ranged instead. So, is that true that force/tech cannot be resisted in PvP? Does Oper/PT/Sorc need any acc in PvP?

I heard that some instant abillities like interrupt can miss, but I`m not sure about it

Can anyone send the list of abillities that can miss/be resisted for all of these 3 classes in PvP?

For the most part defense chance does not work when the target is stunned.

To get into what gives increases or decreases of defense chance or affects accuracy is a bit different.

Yellow damage will always hit unless affected by flash powder utility accuracy debuff, same with whirlwind reduce.

Those are minor debuffs for yellow, however, Diversion and Force bound debuff are much more impactful for yellow.

if you'd rather just watch a video on it, I'd recommend

The bottom line is for classes that deal entirely (or nearly entirely) yellow damage (sorcs, pyro pt, conc op) you shouldn't use any accuracy in pvp.

For classes that use white damage, the effectiveness of accuracy is debatable and hard to gauge accurately. MM snipers frequently use 110% accuracy because it does almost all white damage. Other classes have a mix of white and yellow damage. For those, many split the difference and go for 105% accuracy.

Due to the amount of accuracy debuffs, some question the usefulness of accuracy. I think the existence of those debuffs actually makes accuracy more valuable than it otherwise would be relative to other stats. If your accuracy dips below 100% due to a debuff, that doesn't make it useless. If you get hit by a 20% debuff, it's still better to be at 90% accuracy than 80% accuracy.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

So if for example I use 110% acc on my AP PT and loose a lot of damage on my autocrit its okay for PvP?

With my basically perfect gear autocrit energy burst deals like 57-61k (depends on Power Yield stacks).

Here is screenshot of my PT stats

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/613090905150324747/675412283425423428/c3eef90182e09f54132d10b8a019898e.png

After all, I decided to stick to 110% acc on PT

I think getting 10k more or something on autocrit is not worth risking missing 40k railshot

I think that's a perfectly reasonable conclusion, especially considering that if you go for much more crit than you have now, diminishing returns start kicking in strongly. There really is no right or wrong answer on this, because you can't parse it.

Also, you want 1590 accuracy. 1589 is apparently just under 110%, something to do with rounding.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I would try lowering it just to see if you like it, easily done by swapping your stim if you use one.

Since it's only rail shot that is white outside of your auto attack as AP PT, you're not getting that great use of it.

I've played AP PT in both GR, Solos and plenty regs for the most part if I do ever take accuracy its 5% to counteract the tank debuff. The higher hits are a bit more important as your burst isn't anything to laugh at, getting a higher burst window can be the difference of a kill or not.

Along with that uptime isn't great in PvP, so it's not like you're getting full use of every single ability anyway.