Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, want to keep people subbed until september? Do this.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, want to keep people subbed until september? Do this.

NogueiraA
06.07.2019 , 12:06 AM | #1
1 - Make Masterwork Data Crystal LEGACY just like Unnasembled Components, so we can stack it up and send to alts via legacy bank. No need to explanations here.
2 - A way to convert Master Data Crystals into Monumental Data Crystal on a 10:1 ratio.
3 - Reduce the cost of 258 gear all by 1.
4 - Increase weekly Ranked and Queen HM Monumental Crystal by 1.
5 - Change the Masterwork Data Crystal Ossus weekly to be GSF OR pvp OR flashpoints. This way people can chose whatever they want. If you complete the 8 pvp medals the weekly is done, you can't get a crystal from 8 pvp medals then a crystal from gsf... You got the idea.
World boss weekly keep as it is.

Don't worry if people gear up alts too quickly or farm on all their characters to gear up their main character... THEY ARE PLAYING THE GAME, they are subbed, that's what you want and what you need.
Right now people unsubs for many reasons and I tell you the insane grind is one big reason.

I geared up my sentinel to full 258, with the current ways I WON'T do that ever again. I grinded using 12 characters every week to gear up ONE. That's NOT fun my dear Bioware and be sure that june+july+august I won't be subbed.
But if you read this thread and apply these changes, all your players will thank you forever and many will keep subbed.
It's super simple changes that you can totally implement it next maintenance, don't wait too much, I MEAN IT. I play this game since beta so I was here for every major and minor change that people wouldn't unsub if you reverted your mistakes faster. One example: many guilds unsubbed when gear repairing cost skyrocketed 500%+. Bioware took so long to bring it back.. If they had reverted the change faster, they wouldn't lose subscribers because of that.
Don't be so stubborn, that leads you to failure.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

DarthCasus
06.07.2019 , 12:11 AM | #2
Woah woah woah wait there just a minute.. that would actually be good for the fun of the player, delete this. Getting a little carried away there, hombre.

But really, if they listened to those suggestions months ago, endgame would feel satisfying. Right now, I have no idea how they expect the Dantooine event with its lackluster rewards and the return of the nonstop clicking Nightlife event to keep people busy for 3 more months. It's almost insulting when those changes would only earn them praise and goodwill leading up to 6.0.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

NogueiraA
06.07.2019 , 12:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
Woah woah woah wait there just a minute.. that would actually be good for the fun of the player, delete this. Getting a little carried away there, hombre.

But really, if they listened to those suggestions months ago, endgame would feel satisfying. Right now, I have no idea how they expect the Dantooine event with its lackluster rewards and the return of the nonstop clicking Nightlife event to keep people busy for 3 more months. It's almost insulting when those changes would only earn them praise and goodwill leading up to 6.0.
īThe 5.0 system is terrible but a few changes could make it perfect.
The Ossus gearing system is completely atrocious compared to what 4.0 was. But a few minor changes like I suggested would make it very good.
People would get incentivized to play many characters again
People would be busy for these 3 months.
My sub runs out today, won't renew it until the xpac.
But I think the most important thing is: We LOST FAITH in Bioware when it comes to gearing system, so if 6.0 has a bad gearing system then I think many people will be done with Swtor.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

Suzsi
06.07.2019 , 12:31 AM | #4
I'll be done if the story is lacking LI / Past companion interactions, otherwise I'll be gimme morreee while playing it 100 times over.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

Costello
06.07.2019 , 12:44 AM | #5
What is the point in working over the summer to get this gear.

Eric has said it will all be sold for credits once 6.0 drops.

So instead people should unsub and run heroics till their sub runs out. Take the summer of and do other things, play other games and then come back first day of 6.0 and just buy all that gear for the credits you made running some heroics.

SteveTheCynic
06.07.2019 , 12:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
1 - Make Masterwork Data Crystal LEGACY just like Unnasembled Components, so we can stack it up and send to alts via legacy bank. No need to explanations here.
Surely "send from alts" to help gear up main, then temporarily switch mains, and send from (the new list of) alts to gear up the temporary main.

Personally I think the whole main/alt thing is silly in this game. In some games, even the idea of alts is weird (Runes of Magic because of its very steep escalation of XP-per-level, way faster than the XP-gained rate increases; ArcheAge because your whole account shares one labour pool, so the nearest thing to an alt is an alt *account*), but I'm thinking mainly of my habit of concentrating on a few characters, then a different few, then another different few. The closest I have to a main is dear Kylath, as she's the one who usually goes first through new content.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

NogueiraA
06.07.2019 , 01:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Surely "send from alts" to help gear up main, then temporarily switch mains, and send from (the new list of) alts to gear up the temporary main.

Personally I think the whole main/alt thing is silly in this game. In some games, even the idea of alts is weird (Runes of Magic because of its very steep escalation of XP-per-level, way faster than the XP-gained rate increases; ArcheAge because your whole account shares one labour pool, so the nearest thing to an alt is an alt *account*), but I'm thinking mainly of my habit of concentrating on a few characters, then a different few, then another different few. The closest I have to a main is dear Kylath, as she's the one who usually goes first through new content.
It's your characters, you do it as you please.
I'm just using a known term so I can be more clear on my point.
What bothers you more? The utterly bad Ossus gearing system or someone using a simple term on a forum post?
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

NogueiraA
06.07.2019 , 01:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
What is the point in working over the summer to get this gear.

Eric has said it will all be sold for credits once 6.0 drops.

So instead people should unsub and run heroics till their sub runs out. Take the summer of and do other things, play other games and then come back first day of 6.0 and just buy all that gear for the credits you made running some heroics.
Please don't be so drastic about it.
Just because Eric said UC will be useless, I won't stop pvp'ing if i'm subbed.
People have fun gearing up many characters to do different activities.
Even if they implement the changes I suggested wouldn't people be "working" to get gear?? It would be much easier, yes, but why do you care? As you said, people should take summer off and do other things.
Maybe you are correct, but analysing from your post it's just non-sensical logic that will bring nothing to the topic, to you or to the game.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

nepochop
06.07.2019 , 02:15 AM | #9
They cant change they system which was till now, that would irritate all the people who went through the grind just as the OP mentioned.

Also, they do keep the people subbed with minor updates, like Dantoine now so no issues there.

NogueiraA
06.07.2019 , 03:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by nepochop View Post
They cant change they system which was till now, that would irritate all the people who went through the grind just as the OP mentioned.

Also, they do keep the people subbed with minor updates, like Dantoine now so no issues there.
They CAN change it.
A few players will get frustrated, yes... But the majority of players that will enjoy the changes is much much bigger than the frustrated cry babies.
Just because "they can keep people subbed with minor updates", DOES NOT MEAN they can't improve the damn system.
If I follow your logic, i'll be just eating whatever **** they throw at me, not even asking them for a change, not even trying.
In this case i'm not saying "system is trash, bye". I'm actually giving them ideas based on 7 years of experience with this game.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester