Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor playerbase in a nutshell

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Swtor playerbase in a nutshell

OlBuzzard
06.06.2019 , 12:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
That's how i went about unlocking the Feats of Strength achievement and that wasn't the first time, i did the same during DvL and i'm not ashamed of it, if PvPers don't like it they can tell the Devs to stop putting rewards behind PvP walls.
I'm sorry but I can't do that personally. IMO: It hurts others for all the wrong reasons. And it gives them a bad taste in their mouth with the whole PvP experience.

I guess I'm just kind of an odd-duck. Granted I'm a little behind the times... but I still try to do things straight up! If I fail... then I need to try to figure out why and how to correct the matter. I'll give it my best shot if I can. If there is an area where I know that I have no business messing with it... then so be it.

For whatever it's worth I do agree that it's a bad idea to hide stuff or companion access into PvP stuff as a requirement. And I would suppose that there are a lot of PvP players who feel the same about materials / unlocks / gear or other items being behind PvE doors ..

Hmmm Interesting points on both ends. There has to be a legitimate answer in there somewhere. There has to be.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

hillerbees
06.06.2019 , 01:02 PM | #22
You left out:

Its got a Star Wars label on it - I LOVE it.

^^ This is me btw!!!

Lhancelot
06.06.2019 , 01:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I agree with this, but just to be pedantic, "penultimate" means "next to last" - I suspect you just meant "ultimate".
Yeah sometimes, you just got to go with the flow of what's coming out the fingertips, you know? Good catch!
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

UmbralSpirit
06.06.2019 , 02:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
And I would suppose that there are a lot of PvP players who feel the same about materials / unlocks / gear or other items being behind PvE doors ..
Oh, i completely agree on that point, i don't believe PvPers should need to participate in PvE to obtain PvP related items either.

Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Hmmm Interesting points on both ends. There has to be a legitimate answer in there somewhere. There has to be.
Could it be as simple as sticking with rewarding PvE/PvP related items to their respective playstyles? I wonder...

Lunafox
06.06.2019 , 02:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
This entire thread is leaving out Space Barbies™ as a play option.
And Sims. Romance and Strongholds! Woo!
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Xina_LA
06.08.2019 , 07:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
Could it be as simple as sticking with rewarding PvE/PvP related items to their respective playstyles? I wonder...
What? Rewarding all styles of play with a single token that can be spent at a variety of vendors, true "play as you like" style, ending the Eternal Debate forever?

HERESY! LOL
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

lightSaberAddiCt
06.08.2019 , 08:29 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Well yeah, you can't please everyone, but also, nobody likes a cool reward gated behind content that isn't enjoyable.
This is a game, after all, which is supposed to be fun.
Different games are fun for different people. A game is suppose to be challenging as well, but we can see how that played out in SWTOR can't we...
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

lightSaberAddiCt
06.08.2019 , 09:39 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Hey explain this "whale" term. I seen it for years now, and never found the real meaning of what "whales" are in the sense of internet forums and games. Can someone explain what a "whale" is, in this sense?
A whale is either
a) a person that spend a crazy amount of cash in CM
b) an uber credit rich player that can just drop 100s of millions to get something done quickly.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

OlBuzzard
06.08.2019 , 12:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
A whale is either
a) a person that spend a crazy amount of cash in CM
b) an uber credit rich player that can just drop 100s of millions to get something done quickly.
LOL !!!

Counts me out ! I don't have 100 Mil .. let alone as extra to burn !

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|