Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Satele Shan sever feels dead.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Satele Shan sever feels dead.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
05.29.2019 , 08:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Not to mention I like all the old harbinger trolls over in SS, away from me.
I second this.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

DarthElation's Avatar


DarthElation
05.29.2019 , 06:29 PM | #12
I xferred against my better judgement from SS>SF. More players. Same queue times in pvp and pve.Tons of RPers.
Perceptive <Sinister> 55 Marauder, Bastion

cmcougar's Avatar


cmcougar
05.29.2019 , 06:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Ugh, no. It's too busy as it is.

Not to mention I like all the old harbinger trolls over in SS, away from me.

You got that right!

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.29.2019 , 07:25 PM | #14
Seriously, can someone define what they mean by too busy?

When I’m online outside of primetime, Star Forge is not even close to being busy, most of the time there is only half a fleet instance on both factions and it’s impossible to do WB on Ossus.
Pvp reverts to 4v4 due to low queue numbers and sometimes takes 10-15 mins to pop at lvl 70.

Now I’m not saying the server is dead. But I wouldn’t say it’s overly busy, even when I do play during primetime, there aren’t as many people as there were 6 months ago and didn’t see anyone complaining about it back then.

I do understand not wanting SS trolls being merged with SF, but I hate to say it, most have Alts on SF already. So not merging them won’t protect you from them.
I don’t like the SS trolls, especially in pvp. They have destroyed any semblance of pvp fun on SF since they started to roll Alts. The last thing I want is more of them. But it’s too late for that. They are already on SF.

I’m also not advocating a merge. That’s the last thing Bioware should do before an expansion. But I do need to point out the weakness in your argument that it would prevent the SS trolls.

Wether we like it or not, SS is the lower population server. People who require groups to play will undoubtedly reroll or transfer to SF if they can’t play group content at the times they login. There really is not obstacle to them doing that and I think everyone better be prepared to see more trolls because it’s not going to stay as it is or get better. The lower SS population drops, the more of them will come to SF and increase the drop on SS. This will only accelerate the decline of SS and make people move to SF or demand mergers or leave the game.

We need to accept that unless Bioware pull a rabbit out of the hat with 6.0 and increase SS continued viability, that a merge is inevitable sometime in the future. It might not be this year or next year, but it is on the cards in the future. You only need to look at the history of the game and mergers to see that.

syahaiyub's Avatar


syahaiyub
05.30.2019 , 04:49 AM | #15
*created a topic in swtor reddit about finding guild, got deleted* meh

Rexta's Avatar


Rexta
06.04.2019 , 08:46 AM | #16
Oh heck not this trope again....

The server is quiet/dead so we need a merge ....

Well as someone who has been through 3 merges in my time on SWTOR I have to say NO and if that is not strong enough HELL NO!

With each merge there is a spike in the first few weeks to maybe a few months then the novelty wears off and the server then ends up with less players over all.

When I first started playing I have seen my friends depart with each merger many of which have not returned.

My solution to fix this problem is something only BW/EA can do. They need to re market the game, provide real incentives to existing subscribed players to keep them here, EA could do things like provide subscriptions in currencies other than US Dollars as well for example.

While I can't speak for the USA I have zero marketing for SWTOR since about 3-6 months after it released here in Australia Word of mouth is not a great long term marketing plan.
--------------------------------------------
My refer a friend code

http://www.swtor.com/r/lywmNK

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
06.04.2019 , 09:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rexta View Post
My solution to fix this problem is something only BW/EA can do. They need to re market the game, provide real incentives to existing subscribed players to keep them here, EA could do things like provide subscriptions in currencies other than US Dollars as well for example.

While I can't speak for the USA I have zero marketing for SWTOR since about 3-6 months after it released here in Australia Word of mouth is not a great long term marketing plan.
Not to be terribly rude... but how are they supposed to market well to you guys when their servers are all in either Europe or US east coast? Hi guys we have the only star wars mmo out there right now, but good luck with the 300 ms ping! Sounds like an incredible marketing strategy.

That said, server merges before the expansion would be rather stupid.

But then, so was moving both servers to the east coast without telling anyone (like we wouldnt notice a doubling of ping times and question why) and basically leaving one with an obvious population disadvantage from the get go.

Its BW here, decisions making sense seemingly went out the door a long time ago.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.04.2019 , 09:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Not to be terribly rude... but how are they supposed to market well to you guys when their servers are all in either Europe or US east coast? Hi guys we have the only star wars mmo out there right now, but good luck with the 300 ms ping! Sounds like an incredible marketing strategy.

That said, server merges before the expansion would be rather stupid.

But then, so was moving both servers to the east coast without telling anyone (like we wouldnt notice a doubling of ping times and question why) and basically leaving one with an obvious population disadvantage from the get go.

Its BW here, decisions making sense seemingly went out the door a long time ago.
You forget, we use to have APAC servers.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
06.04.2019 , 09:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You forget, we use to have APAC servers.
Oh I didn't forget, that merely advances my argument.

If they really wanted to deliberately market to you guys, why say your population is basically irrelevant and delete your server?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.04.2019 , 09:33 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Oh I didn't forget, that merely advances my argument.

If they really wanted to deliberately market to you guys, why say your population is basically irrelevant and delete your server?
The problem was they never, ever, marketed the game in the Asia-Pacific area. I only found out it was being released because someone told me in WoW,