why only pt pyro get buffed? and death knell question

KumbayaGOD

in patch notes there are 2 things caught my eye

1. death knell set bonus last 30 sec as intended ---- what is the original status on this set before the changes?

2. pyro get buff--- why only pyro, i saw pyro player who is good player already give out insane number dps

anything i missed ?

Edited by KumbayaGOD

Pyro needs a sustain for pve, and more crit for pvp. This buff gives that. Pyro is op for pve now I agree (previously was in middle-top depending on fights). For pvp nothing is changed, it still will be the first one being focused on ranked, still needs to kite as hell, still melting like butter under focus, still needs to use los, but now will be able to more damage before death, and people will be fear when they attacking and getting close to you, which they should.

Pyro was the worst performing class in solo Ranked last season according to the devs in theorycrafting, and without a healer or a guard, winning rating was super low. I mean like trash low.

So, now it should be like middle maybe, we will see but one one will re-roll to pyro of they were not playing already, I can tell you that.

If it stays a glass cannon it needs to be the best damage in pvp, cause of short life spawn, and now it is.

But I suspect other classes will get buffed as well when the next patch arrive

They buffed a pyro tactical that was worthless to use. It's still overshadowed by the 100% crit tactical even after the buff. If the crit tactical gets nerfed too hard it'll bump the class back down to being the worst choice for pvp again. Literally only thing pyro has going for it is really good damage. They still get destroyed under any sustained pressure like they did in 5.0.

They buffed a pyro tactical that was worthless to use. It's still overshadowed by the 100% crit tactical even after the buff. If the crit tactical gets nerfed too hard it'll bump the class back down to being the worst choice for pvp again. Literally only thing pyro has going for it is really good damage. They still get destroyed under any sustained pressure like they did in 5.0.

You what mate.

They buffed the basic damage of Pyro. So while running Superheated Fuel tac or not you simply get... more damage. More sustain and more burst, decent buffs too.

Pyrotech

• Perilous Flames now increases the damage of Scorch 20%. [up from 10%]
  • Consuming Flames now increases Immolate’s damage by 40% after Searing Wave (up from 20%). In addition, the critical chance of Immolate is increased by 10%.

And the other 3/4 of your post is trying to blag pvp sympathy that stupid damage is ok :D

No, it should just not be a ****** up class.

Edited by Gyronamics

You what mate.

They buffed the basic damage of Pyro. So while running Superheated Fuel tac or not you simply get... more damage. More sustain and more burst, decent buffs too.

And the other 3/4 of your post is trying to blag pvp sympathy that stupid damage is ok :D

No, it should just not be a ****** up class.

Playing solo ranked i see pyro doing 14k dps with 100k biggest hit...and They buff it more... time to admit combat team has no idea about what is happening in the game...and they aren't reading feedback at all

LoL pyro got buffed, when i see 100k average hits for them in pvp. This clueless PVP dev team, guess mandalorian series got them buffed.

They just needed to nerf 25% of sniper dmg, infil/deception dmg, OP dmg/heals, merc dmg/heals.

And buff dot classes by 50% to make things interesting :)

LoL pyro got buffed, when i see 100k average hits for them in pvp. This clueless PVP dev team, guess mandalorian series got them buffed.

They just needed to nerf 25% of sniper dmg, infil/deception dmg, OP dmg/heals, merc dmg/heals.

And buff dot classes by 50% to make things interesting :)

Nerfing Scoundrel self heals will effect Ruffian defenses (which already suck badly).

You what mate.

They buffed the basic damage of Pyro.

I had to go back and read the patch notes and I have no idea where I got the tactical thing from. I think I clicked the wrong link or something.

Anyways...

The cone aoe only hits for 30-35k damage and plasma flare hits for 36k-40k. Those are not big hits in 6.0. Little bump in damage would put it more in line with how hard other classes can hit now.

It is the pvp community that being clueless. 'oo I saw pyro doişng 100k on regs'

Dude class is melting like butter, the damage that it all it has. Give pyro sniper's dcd's and take away the damage sure. But in this meta, pt has only damage. Still needs to kite like hell, still can't survive under pressure and it will be still the first one to focus.

And it lacked sustain for pve. You know there is a another mode called pve and part of the balance.

I mean how many people will roll to pt after these changes? Will it be dominant like mercs, sorc, mara in the previous season? Not one bit. It was the bottom of all the advanced classes. Does it need more dcd's than damage? Yes absolutely. Was this patch changes make pyro absolute for pvp? Not, one bit.

Well ive seen OP's doing like 5M dmg and 3M selfheals which is huge... its even better than merc heal.

That's not self healing, it's them putting Kolto Probes on their team when they're not dpsing.

Stick two probes up someone and that's a decent combat advantage from the long, large and very efficient healing. Racks up huge numbers if you probe everyone and it can be done before combat.

Or mid combat. Or while running around. It's ranged and instant cast after all.

Edited by Gyronamics

It is the pvp community that being clueless. 'oo I saw pyro doişng 100k on regs'

Dude class is melting like butter, the damage that it all it has. Give pyro sniper's dcd's and take away the damage sure. But in this meta, pt has only damage. Still needs to kite like hell, still can't survive under pressure and it will be still the first one to focus.

And it lacked sustain for pve. You know there is a another mode called pve and part of the balance.

I mean how many people will roll to pt after these changes? Will it be dominant like mercs, sorc, mara in the previous season? Not one bit. It was the bottom of all the advanced classes. Does it need more dcd's than damage? Yes absolutely. Was this patch changes make pyro absolute for pvp? Not, one bit.

Buffing dmg wil lstill make them 1st target, they should buff defensives, now it will be the broken class with pocket healer...

Buffing dmg wil lstill make them 1st target, they should buff defensives, now it will be the broken class with pocket healer...

Better to not buff Dps at all because they already hit like a nuke up your butt, all they needed to do was buff defences a little.

But as per friggen usual, the combat team have zero idea that defence and dps go hand in hand, they should never be balanced separately. That’s why Mercs were broken for 3 years.

in patch notes there are 2 things caught my eye

1. death knell set bonus last 30 sec as intended ---- what is the original status on this set before the changes?

2. pyro get buff--- why only pyro, i saw pyro player who is good player already give out insane number dps

anything i missed ?

Dont question BW developer team because thy dont have answers why they do this they just randomly add things and hope they will do right thing. So far their track record on this is terrible but you know it might work.