Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

sdom

As in the title, you have broke these specs they suck now.

The sentinel burst spec isn't even bursty anymore and the sage seer spec is noticeably weaker.

You've "balanced the game for everyone" at the cost of these two classes.

That's my mains you nerfed.

Fix it or get 1 fat un-sub, for life, because these classes didn't need a nerf and you've ruined my toons.

Coming from someone 306 geared with correct stats and the new augments in place. (Maxxed)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in the title, you have broke these specs they suck now.

The sentinel burst spec isn't even bursty anymore and the sage seer spec is noticeably weaker.

You've "balanced the game for everyone" at the cost of these two classes.

That's my mains you nerfed.

Fix it or get 1 fat un-sub, for life, because these classes didn't need a nerf and you've ruined my toons.

Coming from someone 306 geared with correct stats and the new augments in place. (Maxxed)

Maras are still good. They can stealth out and heal every 30 seconds. They are a pain to pin down and kill early in rounds. They're just no longer fotm like they were throughout 5.0. You'll have to get used to it.

Maras are still good. They can stealth out and heal every 30 seconds. They are a pain to pin down and kill early in rounds. They're just no longer fotm like they were throughout 5.0. You'll have to get used to it.

Yes maras get a tactical that means they can stealth twice. Whoopty-doo.

That doesn't mean the fact that its dps has been completely nerfed so burst spec is no longer burst spec, should suddenly be acceptable. Survivability is a secondary objective. What matters most is being able to DPS as it is the classes one job in a pvp match. and this areas suffering greatly.

5.0 was perfect.

And no I don't have to get used to putting my time into a class and gearing it and making it right just for Bioware to completely destroy it. That defeats the purpose of playing the game.

It honestly sounds like you're agreeing to the nerf. which is a sure sign that you have never played a mara to a professional standard and you clearly only care about what suits you.

This is why you dont main fotm. shocking, its almost like fotm is guaranteed to be nerfed at some point.

also unless you play carnage, fury is not the burst spec. its the quasi burst spec. less dmg for utility effects, compare MM sniper vs engineer sniper for reference.

Edited by Seterade

It honestly sounds like you're agreeing to the nerf. which is a sure sign that you have never played a mara to a professional standard and you clearly only care about what suits you.

The interesting thing is that they weren't nerfed at all. Other classes just got buffed by good tacticals/set bonuses. Maras were among the best classes in 5.0, now they're more like middle of the pack. I'm definitely ok with that.

Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.

lmao, love the star wars twist.

Mara supposed to be most dps doing class since it has TWO sabers, no guard, no taunts and no heal abilities. Yet it does very small dps now. I swapped to play sin right when 6.0 came out because there is no sense playing mara now. Class is dead go play sin and oper Edited by omaan

Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.

And 5.0 class balancing was perfect? With a select few classes and specs that were good in a Ranked scenario. Eh, might wanna re-read that.

So lets go through what 5.0 did good.

Sentinels / Maras:

OP ASF. Ranked: Pass

Jugg/Guardian:

Solid and strong dps whos cleaves were noticeable. Most played class last season.

Highlight for tanks was the skank tank, tanks were also solid. Ranked: Pass

Sage / Sorcerer:

TK could have performed better. Dot spec was fine, healing was perfectly balanced. Ranked: Pass

Shadow / Sin:

Dps could have been better, but people good on the class did fine, dot spec was particularly good in arenas. Tanks were the most squishy of all tanks but the stealth balanced it out. Ranked: Pass

Trooper / BH:

mercs / commandos:

Strongest dcds in the game allowed the slightly lower dps numbers to even out in arenas. Nets a solid utility. also on healspec who's heals were burst heals. Solid class. Ranked: Pass

VG/PT:

Pretty squishy dps, could have used a bit more survivability but tanks were solid with great health management and cleave was absolutely lethal. Ranked: 50/50

Gunslinger / Sniper:

Solid tanky dps classes. sniper with particularly lethal aoe when engineering.

Two sets of cds were balanced in perspective with someone good at them. Ranked: Pass

Operative / Scoundrel:

The best duel spec in the game with great survivability.

Healspec also did okay in pvp but not particularly remarkable although adequate for ranked. Ranked: Pass

Conclusion:

What was 5.0 bad for? VG and PT DPS only.

Sages and Sentinels did not need nerfed.

And as you play a scoundrel coppes, yes maras were good vs scoundrels also vice versa,

Edited by sdom

I think fury is fine.What needs to be done is heavily buff carnage so that it becomes an actual burst spec not a 50k crit with 10 s. set up that by the time you complete the enemy already has you slowed, stunned, netted, castrated and so on.Carnage should have been the pvp spec to begin with. It should be carnage doing those infamous 80k crits ppl are crying about not sins. I already said that i think damage is too low this patch in another forum post especially for marauders. Its just fury is the one that doesn't suck all too much.Annihilation is worthless in pvp and carnage is a joke. If you think about it this is the fourth nerf that Carnage has received in a roll.

While i dont agree with crying that maras suck now, cause it doesn't due to fury being decent, i think the class does too little damage overall and needs buffs for pvp especially carnage and annihilation.

Edited by Spasi

Mara supposed to be most dps doing class since it has TWO sabers, no guard, no taunts and no heal abilities. Yet it does very small dps now. I swapped to play sin right when 6.0 came out because there is no sense playing mara now. Class is dead go play sin and oper

I'd prefer to make them fix it, because not doing so sets a bad precedence for every class. Its not fair.

What was 5.0 bad for? VG and PT DPS only.

Sages and Sentinels did not need nerfed.

I agree with most of your points here, except for jugg dps, they definitely struggled in ranked except for the very best ones.

But again, maras didn't get nerfed. Other classes just got buffed. Why do maras have to always be on top? Seems like a silly argument.

As for sorc healers, they made up about 90+% of healers in ranked. It will be nice to see some variety. I've already seen a lot more merc healers in pvp, and a lot of them seem to be doing better than in 5.x.

I think fury is fine.What needs to be done is heavily buff carnage so that it becomes an actual burst spec not a 50k crit with 10 s. set up that bu the time you repeat the enemy already has you slowed, stunned, netted, castrated and so on.Carnage should have been the pvp spec to begin with. It should be carnage doing those infamous 80k crits ppl are crying about not sins. I already said that i think damage is too low this patch in another forum post especially for marauders. Its just fury is the one that doesn't suck all too much.Annihilation is worthless in pvp and carnage is a joke. If you think about it this is the fourth nerf that Carnage has received in a roll.

While i dont agree with crying that maras suck now, cause it doesn't due to fury being decent, i think the class does too little damage overall and needs buffs for pvp especially carnage and annihilation.

You're perfectly right in what you're saying.

But 1/3 isn't good enough.

Every other class has got a boost and maras have been thoroughly neglected.

I agree with most of your points here, except for jugg dps, they definitely struggled in ranked except for the very best ones.

But again, maras didn't get nerfed. Other classes just got buffed. Why do maras have to always be on top? Seems like a silly argument.

As for sorc healers, they made up about 90+% of healers in ranked. It will be nice to see some variety. I've already seen a lot more merc healers in pvp, and a lot of them seem to be doing better than in 5.x.

Speaking as someone who ranked mine, it was a bit of a race to get good numbers before you were inevitably focused down as a sandbag, but that works. That's a guardian fulfilling its purpose and with cleave, it was a very good class played tactically.

Its definitely classed as a nerf if its a raw dps and its dps is now lower in comparison.

Merc healing doesn't take as much skill as a sage and its sad to see skilled sages parsing so low.

Thoroughly neglected after being fotm for more than a year...............?

So. not to put words in your mouth but if I understand what you just said.

You're admitting its not now, while saying im wrong and silly all at the same time.

Maras can only be dps.

They can be focused down so easily if the player doesn't know what they're doing.

At the very least the burst spec should have remained, a burst spec.

You're perfectly right in what you're saying.

But 1/3 isn't good enough.

Every other class has got a boost and maras have been thoroughly neglected.

I agree but think about pve.Anni and fury perform quite well there and the only one being **** is carnage.The most realistic thing they can do is buff carnage so that they dont screw up pve. Like it or not this game is primarily a pve based game meaning balance will lean towards so you cannot expect them to buff fury.

On the other note PvP is a joke. Ppl barely die i have had lost games where i didn't die a single time and its not rare.I have also run up to an enemy controlled point, take the heal, run away without camo and survive(Odessen proving grounds) while under attack drom at least 3 ppl.I rarely even break CCs cause more often than not they cant kill me in time even though i have nothing on.Game is overly protective of mistakes.All those escapes makes it impossible to kill enemies in regs.Ranked i cannot speak on yet due to me not playing it as of yet.

Edited by Spasi

So. not to put words in your mouth but if I understand what you just said.

You're admitting its not now, while saying im wrong and silly all at the same time.

Maras can only be dps.

They can be focused down so easily if the player doesn't know what they're doing.

At the very least the burst spec should have remained, a burst spec.

What I'm saying is, fury maras were one of the top specs in ranked for a long time. Now, it seems like they're no longer one of the top specs in ranked. But they're still decent. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that to me.

Yet, you seem to be saying that mara needs to be one of the top classes in ranked for all time. And that's the part that seems silly to me.

You might be right about carnage though, I have very little knowledge of that spec.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

What I'm saying is, fury maras were one of the top specs in ranked for a long time. Now, it seems like they're no longer one of the top specs in ranked. But they're still decent. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that to me.

Yet, you seem to be saying that mara needs to be one of the top classes in ranked for all time. And that's the part that seems silly to me.

You might be right about carnage though, I have very little knowledge of that spec.

Maras were never truly the best pvp class in the game that was merc i think that you dont understand the fact that IF mara doesnt do damage mara is useless and there are many ways in the game right now to make mara stop from doing damage.We need to get in what we can get in and make it count and thats not possible when your entire burst, even if the enemy has no cds on no healing or anything ,wont even take them much under half.True you can continue afterwards but at the end of the day what you did was just dps that will likely get healed right away meaning you did basically nothing.Melee dps NEEDS to do more damage on average then a ranged dps due to the fact that you need to stick to the enemy and so you get more downtime.That combined with the ungodly amount of CC in the game makes maras not too great right now and not too great means basically useless for us.There is no other way.What i am trying to say is that marauders are either really good or a nuisance.

Edited by Spasi

Yes, marauders aren't what they were in 5.0 .... Feels totally 4.0 all over again.

But they aren't that bad either.... I stopped playing fury because while the damage is still good, I didn't feel the spec is that strong in ranked anymore. Other maras disagree with me, but I tested all 3 specs in ranked and It didn't seem to matter much if I was any of the 3 specs. Yeah, carnage is a dog... and needs to be bufed.

I am playing annihialtion in SR now and I am very happy with the spec so far.

This meta will be about chain stuns and dying during hard stuns. There so much stealth in que that it's sometimes silly, but hey... what can we do ? Looking forward for the challenge.

Also.. the marauder tacticals are trash for SR except the one that resets my vanish cooldown during predaton. Did any of you find any other tactical that is actually worth it ?

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Yes, marauders aren't what they were in 5.0 .... Feels totally 4.0 all over again.

But they aren't that bad either.... I stopped playing fury because while the damage is still good, I didn't feel the spec is that strong in ranked anymore. Other maras disagree with me, but I tested all 3 specs in ranked and It didn't seem to matter much if I was any of the 3 specs. Yeah, carnage is a dog... and needs to be bufed.

I am playing annihialtion in SR now and I am very happy with the spec so far.

This meta will be about chain stuns and dying during hard stuns. There so much stealth in que that it's sometimes silly, but hey... what can we do ? Looking forward for the challenge.

Also.. the marauder tacticals are trash for ranked except the one that resets my vanish cooldown during predaton. Did any of you find any other tactical that is actually worth it ?

You made annihilation work in pvp??? Are you a wizard!?!?As for tactical items, more damage bruv , more damage.Everything else is pointless.Aside from Life warden that is but 10 min cd.

Edited by Spasi

Lol, is this a troll?

Professional mara? Hahahaha good one, ask anyone in swtor if they are getting paid to play 😂

Sorc heals were hard to play? :rolleyes:

Gonna unsub? Well I’m sure bioware will think, oh dayum we messed up boys, let’s buff 2 of the ok performing classes for the sake of 1 person cos those are their main toons and even with best gear etc, not as op as they used to be.

Maras were never truly the best pvp class in the game that was merc i think that you dont understand the fact that IF mara doesnt do damage mara is useless and there are many ways in the game right now to make mara stop from doing damage.We need to get in what we can get in and make it count and thats not possible when your entire burst, even if the enemy has no cds on no healing or anything ,wont even take them much under half.True you can continue afterwards but at the end of the day what you did was just dps that will likely get healed right away meaning you did basically nothing.Melee dps NEEDS to do more damage on average then a ranged dps due to the fact that you need to stick to the enemy and so you get more downtime.That combined with the ungodly amount of CC in the game makes maras not too great right now and not too great means basically useless for us.There is no other way.What i am trying to say is that marauders are either really good or a nuisance.

I agree that merc was better than mara. That's why I said "one of the top" etc.

And maybe your damage is comparatively lower than it was, but maras get to stealth out a lot more frequently, and still can get good damage in. Good maras will still have success in ranked, i guarantee it. You're not going to find any sympathy from those of us that played classes much worse than maras in 5.0.

What you guys are discussing isn't a true balance issue, because maras are still relatively balanced. It's just that you're understandably disturbed that maras aren't fotm anymore. That's fine, but you shouldn't pretend that it's a balance issue.

I agree that merc was better than mara. That's why I said "one of the top" etc.

And maybe your damage is comparatively lower than it was, but maras get to stealth out a lot more frequently, and still can get good damage in. Good maras will still have success in ranked, i guarantee it. You're not going to find any sympathy from those of us that played classes much worse than maras in 5.0.

What you guys are discussing isn't a true balance issue, because maras are still relatively balanced. It's just that you're understandably disturbed that maras aren't fotm anymore. That's fine, but you shouldn't pretend that it's a balance issue.

Dont you dare call me FotM player i have played mara/sentinel through thick and thin.I played it when it was good and when it was basically unplayable.Even when it was 5.10 and fury was op i didn't play it because it wasn't fun to me, i was carnage.I am just annoyed its going back to sentinels being garbo unless played in a specific way. I am not annoyed that its not FotM anymore i am annoyed that its BORING. I am slashing and ppl with all my might and decent gear and i cant make a dent in them.These are supposed to be lightsabers dammit not hollow sticks.Besides i never actually said i only want maras buffed.Hell, damage should be increased by at least 10% for everyone aside from sins. Sins are the only class i think are performing what they should be damage wise. Don't confuse me with an average 5.10 merc player. Mara/Sent is MY class i like it and i play it.Its just i wanna play Star Wars not tickle wars.

Dont you dare call me FotM player i have played mara/sentinel through thick and thin.I played it when it was good and when it was basically unplayable.Even when it was 5.10 and fury was op i didn't play it because it wasn't fun to me, i was carnage.I am just annoyed its going back to sentinels being garbo unless played in a specific way. I am not annoyed that its not FotM anymore i am annoyed that its BORING. I am slashing and ppl with all my might and decent gear and i cant make a dent in them.These are supposed to be lightsabers dammit not hollow sticks.Besides i never actually said i only want maras buffed.Hell, damage should be increased by at least 10% for everyone aside from sins. Sins are the only class i think are performing what they should be damage wise. Don't confuse me with an average 5.10 merc player. Mara/Sent is MY class i like it and i play it.Its just i wanna play Star Wars not tickle wars.

I wasn't accusing you of being a reroller or anything like that. I was only ever talking about the class itself when I said it was fotm. I respect carnage players too, there weren't many around.