Um, ya Bioware you 'll have to do better on Cartel armors

United_Strafes

What stopped them from making "good stuff" before it was released? It makes 0 sense.

^^^ This is the question.

It's not like the market got sprung on them and they had a week to prepare. They knew for months they were going to offer a cash store and would need things to sell.

What stopped them from making "good stuff" before it was released? It makes 0 sense.

The fact that they have to see what will sell first and what won't. Really, it's basic marketing. Like there would be no reason for them to spend a ton of time and resources on cool new armors if it turned out nobody wanted armors from the Cartel Market.

Edited by RepentantDread

The fact that they have to see what will sell first and what won't. Really, it's basic marketing. Like there would be no reason for them to spend a ton of time and resources on cool new armors if it turned out nobody wanted armors from the Cartel Market.

Thats funny.

You have no idea about marketing, basic or otherwise. People won't buy stuff they don't like. You're saying they are putting the junk armor in first to see if people will buy armor... then they'll spend time making stuff that actually looks good? Idiotic.

All they will find out is how many people will buy the junk armor because thats all there is. There's no way to tell how many will buy the "cool" new armors until.... wait for it... they add it to the market.

Palette swaps are all they have time for at this point.
You mean budget and staff

All 3 answers are correct. As time is money, and it takes even longer with little staff. :)

Here is what we need out of the Cartel Market....

SELLING THE ITEMS THAT BIOWARE HAS PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM THE GAME

Im sick and tired that i was not able to get the centurion armor for the inquisitor even though it was the only cool looking armor...it was purple and awesome etc...but no...now bioware is even getting rid of battlemaster....or those big corellian speeders.....give tht all back through the cartel coins...ide spend real money to be able to buy those items from the cartel market...i want my sorcerer's armor to actually look good, i dnt want the columi,dread gueard, or campaign armor cause no offence to anyone...it does not look as cool as what the purple centurion armor did

I concur. Even I kind of want that ol' Cent. Armor for my Sin at times, that and it was nice and dark. Unlike the bright pink battlemaster gear for sins, lol.

The gear art department has by far been the weakest link for Bioware thus far, I'll never forget hearing that they basically threw a fit to get armor recolorizing out of beta before launch so that players would be force to get together the originally intended set, this represents all of whats wrong with Bioware and why their product has underperformed to the extent it has, good basic game very poor management decisions along the way. Luckily in this case a half step was put back into the game of chest piece matching after heavy player complaints.

Sheezz the Cartel Market is less then what... 2 weeks old? Chill. Things will pop soon enough. BTW I like the new gear set introduced this week. Gives my shadow tank and interesting look. Oh, and I love mixing and matching. You can create some interesting looks.

BLA BLA BLA, must have been one of the "it's only closed beta, "chill" bla bla bla... it's only close beta, "chill" bla bla bla, it just was released, "chill" bla bla bla, it ... time to just zip it with the constant "grass will be greener just over the next hill" garbage, because of listening to posters like you, Bioware made stupid decisions that have ruined a potentially great game and made it a shadow of a MMO.

I can guarantee you there are unused armor models in the game. And let's be real here, there's a huge demand for new aesthetics like armor.

Once again EA is being monumentally lazy.