Um, ya Bioware you 'll have to do better on Cartel armors

United_Strafes

Yay, big fun it was getting those re-colored armors, now you're gonna start working on the real armors you want ppl to spend thier money on right?

You are overlooking the fact that they are adaptive AND can be used by both factions WITHOUT the graphics changing. Creative people are doing quite well with this additional freedom of wardrobe choices. ;)

What's more, I have no use for just a chest piece. Sell me the whole set!

In point of fact.. you can mix other pieces of gear freely with the chest piece to come up with unique looks. No reason to be boxed in by using a full set pre-configured for you by Bioware.

The chest piece is the key part of a gear set from a looks standpoint, in all but a few cases.

Experiment, be more imaginative IMO. :)

You are overlooking the fact that they are adaptive AND can be used by both factions WITHOUT the graphics changing. Creative people are doing quite well with this additional freedom of wardrobe choices. ;)

Right so silly of me! So by not actually creating anything they were being creative!

I would definitely like to see something more unique in the Cartel, that's for sure, and preferably something attractive. Most of the armor I see is rather ugly and I can't see my characters wearing any of it. Yuck.

What's a guy got to do to get some Jedi clothing with a robe and an armor chestplate that is all in shades of blue (or blue and white/silver would be even better)?

Edited by Blue_Leader

Yea I was dissapointed to see recolors of items I can already craft. The no class restrictions and being adaptive is nice, but it was of no interest to me(plenty of event and social gear already). Totally new armor skins would be great(do any of these artists still work at BW?) as everything lately is just a recoloring of existing gear. Edited by Draekos

Yay, big fun it was getting those re-colored armors, now you're gonna start working on the real armors you want ppl to spend thier money on right?

No kidding.

I refuse to buy cosmetics on the store until they have something that is unique (Re-colored stuff is so unoriginal -_-) and looks good. So far, the only thing that even comes close to this is the Outlaw's outfit.

I would've bought the Dire Eliminator chest... If it was hood up. Seriously BW, what's your problem? How hard is it to give Marauders a hood-up robe? I don't count the Xenotech Weaponmaster Robe because of how hard it is to get a group for KP SM and LI SM, and since the chances of it dropping are low.

I'm sure they are trying figure out more Ui features that they can inform you that you aren't a subscriber to SWTOR with.

So no proper armor sets for you.

I would definitely like to see something more unique in the Cartel, that's for sure, and preferably something attractive. Most of the armor I see is rather ugly and I can't see my characters wearing any of it. Yuck.

What's a guy got to do to get some Jedi clothing with a robe and an armor chestplate that is all in shades of blue (or blue and white/silver would be even better)?

I know it would have been nice if that dire chest piece came in a blue as well instead of just the red. It seems the market right now is dominated by imperial styled clothes wheres the love for the republic style plus hoodless cloaks would be nice.

Edited by lorddakar

Here is what we need out of the Cartel Market....

SELLING THE ITEMS THAT BIOWARE HAS PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM THE GAME

Im sick and tired that i was not able to get the centurion armor for the inquisitor even though it was the only cool looking armor...it was purple and awesome etc...but no...now bioware is even getting rid of battlemaster....or those big corellian speeders.....give tht all back through the cartel coins...ide spend real money to be able to buy those items from the cartel market...i want my sorcerer's armor to actually look good, i dnt want the columi,dread gueard, or campaign armor cause no offence to anyone...it does not look as cool as what the purple centurion armor did

Hey, it just came out. Give them a little more time, they'll get some good stuff up there.

this. That's also why I've been saving my CC, while some armors may look nifty I know it's only a matter of time before the really cool stuff comes out. But I understand that they first need something to sell before they can make newer, cooler looking stuff to sell.

this. That's also why I've been saving my CC, while some armors may look nifty I know it's only a matter of time before the really cool stuff comes out. But I understand that they first need something to sell before they can make newer, cooler looking stuff to sell.

Why? Was it too hard or too time consuming to just make the first stuff they put in the market look good?

Yeah, I was pretty underwhelmed with the clothing choices as well. Putting in a bunch of generic reskinned items is pretty lazy and keeping the look cross faction doesn't make up for it. People are looking for unique looks, especially when they are paying actual money for it. The store is still in it's infancy so I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but the new flight suit they just put in isn't inspiring much confidence. Palette swaps of common looking gear are boring and lazy and people aren't going to buy them as much.

Look at the cosmetics in Lotro. In their store they have a pretty robust selection of unique items that you can only get in their store. That's how you sell stuff. Make it look good, make it look like something that isn't in the game at the moment, and make it store only and people will buy it. It's not exactly complicated.

You cant expect much from bioware OP the entire staff nearly got laid off and they have almost no man power. This is the best they can do and will be able to do from now on. Sit down and make something new and cool? Nah just re-pallet things to save manpower. Edited by Darth-Malice

Sheezz the Cartel Market is less then what... 2 weeks old? Chill. Things will pop soon enough. BTW I like the new gear set introduced this week. Gives my shadow tank and interesting look. Oh, and I love mixing and matching. You can create some interesting looks.

i like some of the armor but my main use now the destroyer armor set and with Mask of Nihilus as a head piece. i am kind of happy with the way he look, tbh it is way better then the other crap we have. i have probably spend over 10 000 cartel coins in the market by now.