Obi-Wan Kenobi your my last hope ( I need help).

rglaredo

I need help. I cant pvp because my computer cant handle the game at low settings.

I'm running a;

HP pavilion AMD phenom x4 9850 Quad-core system with a gt 440 card ..And every time I go to pvp or in a city my FPS drop to the point I cant move that well . I don't have the money to spend on a $2000 system. Can anyone recommend a 600-800 dlls. set up to run this game at low setting but no FPS drop ..I know is not my connection I have cable and its darn fast ..I think my CPU is to old and my card is not SWTOR certified lol ..please anyone !! I love the game I just don't know what minimum setting to be able to play decently ..if any kind soul wants to help me I a appreciate it .

i just built a pc for like 700 . i5 3.30 ghrz 2000k sandybridge cpu. 8 gig 2100 ram. 560 gtx graphics card, asrock z68? mobo ws around 150 dollars. and a 700 wat powersupply. should do good, look at newegg.com

edit: i get 100 fps just random questing, about 50 in fleet and 100 give or take during warzones.

Edited by Hellraged

I use a AMD Phenom II X4 925 (that or 920, don't remember) with 4GB DDR 3 ram (dual chanel), an asus MB (don't remember the name) and a GTX 460 756mb SLI. I'd say i can run the game on high 98-99% of the time w/o lag (even if i'm not using SLI). I think it took around 500-600 dollars to build (without the extra graphics card). I can check on what everything actually is if ye want

it seems like it is your card. You could start out by buying a good new card for around $200-300 dollars. That should be a huge improvement.

I'm a big fan of this card the 560 Ti by EVGA (The last 3 cards I have bought where EVGA and I have never had a problem and they last a long time) This is also the 2 gig version which is nice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130683

A good graphcis card should take up 2 slots in your back.

Also check and see what kind of powersupply you have. You will probably need at least a 650 watt powersupply to run this.

Anyway if that works and you are happy you can stop there. If you want to keep going you can slowly build your new pc piece by piece by buing a case, ram (also how much ram do you have right now?) , mother board and processor. Then just use the card you bought and the old DVD drive and bam you have a new computer.

have the same problem my pc is from 2007.

8800GTS 320, Core 2 Duo e6750 2.66ghz, 4gb ram 800mhz. winxp 32bit.

Lowest possible settings pvp is impossble.

I have my eyes on april then i get a new ivy bridge system with amd7000 or nvidia kepler.

Wow thank you for all responses ..I appreciate it !!

I will look in new egg ..I had bad experiences with tiger direct. Thats why I got a normal HP system that actually runs wow good ..but to old for SWTOR ..lol

Any one using the new AMD's zambezi Chips ? I found this at new egg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.810610&cm_sp=DIY_PC_Combos-_-810610-_-Combo

I been a fan of AMD but I'm thinking of going for a 2500k system ..I heard is an awesome "cheap intel chip" for the gamers on a budget ..

Check for a Compusa/TigerDirect in your area and look at their combinations. You can get a decent rig for 600-800. Some come built already, or I believe Compusa will build it for a fee.

*coughneweggcough*

Sorry had to clear my throat there.

I have a Phenom II x3 running at 3.0 and a 1GB 4890 HD + 4GB 1600 5cas RAM. I run the game fine until I hit the 5+ hour mark. Afterwards the game is just eating up ram.

Just waiting for an AM3+ socket PCIe 3.0 Mobo to be released personally before I upgrade.

Then work on some sacrificial offerings for a new 580 or 3GB 7890HD.

I have the same CPU with 4G ram but I'm running a 560 TI SLI and the game runs pretty smoothly so far on max settings. I've also OC'ed the processor by 500Hz, don't know if that will make a big difference or not. I've also only made it as far as Taris so i don't know how the other planet fair.

i just built a pc for like 700 . i5 3.30 ghrz 2000k sandybridge cpu. 8 gig 2100 ram. 560 gtx graphics card, asrock z68? mobo ws around 150 dollars. and a 700 wat powersupply. should do good, look at newegg.com

edit: i get 100 fps just random questing, about 50 in fleet and 100 give or take during warzones.

nice system, but unless you are doing video editing and encoding on a regular basis .. the z68 chipset is a waste of money. in other areas, performance wise, it's no different than the p67 chipset and the p67 can be had on average about 50 dollars cheaper, whereas you can put that money on a better video card and get a better bang for your buck

the z68 is a marketing gimmick just like the retail stores trying to sell you a certified 1080p HDMI cable for 50 dollars

Edited by bboudreaux

Good info to have bboudreaux. Can I ask what are you running for SWTOR? I guess my bro got the z68 to help his wife do photo editing for the the weddings and stuff (she has a photography business).

This is turning into a great post for people doing upgrades for the game. I think this mmo attracted less trolls than the other hack , slash and nuke games ..thanks Bioware !!!! And thank you George Lucas for giving them a chance to make a better SW game than the previous one lol ...I know he is watching this game closely lol ...

Edited by rglaredo