Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alternate 2.0 Build

Wanchope
04.01.2013 , 10:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Of course, I'm now curious as to whether Precision is a better investment than Perseverance: with the addition of default resist chances to NPCs, you might actually get more damage/threat out of filling out Precision than you would out of Perseverance (though Perseverance still wins out concerning mitigation thanks to Blade Barrier, so, to maximize mitigation, it's not really much of a decision).
I don't understand the connection between Blade Barrier and increased damage? Do you get more damage mitigation from it if it hits harder or something?

Kitru
04.01.2013 , 12:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wanchope View Post
I don't understand the connection between Blade Barrier and increased damage? Do you get more damage mitigation from it if it hits harder or something?
The size of the absorb effect provided by Blade Barrier is based upon your Bonus Healing, which is increased by the same things that increase your Bonus Power (e.g. Strength and Power) but at a lower rate.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

jedip_enguin
04.02.2013 , 04:31 PM | #13
I'm pretty much sold on this as my build for 55, not sure where to put the last point though

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Kitru
04.02.2013 , 04:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
I'm pretty much sold on this as my build for 55, not sure where to put the last point though
Precision.
My New Class Idea

Pilgrim_Grey
04.02.2013 , 05:04 PM | #15
Precision.
By that, do you mean Accuracy? Or are they changing Accuracy to Precision in 2.0 and the build guides don't reflect that yet?

And slight thread highjack, but how valuable is Purifying Sweep versus some other talents in the Defense tree? The armor reduction AOE is nice, but so are certain other powers... I could even see Expeditious Protector or Battlefield Command helping more (or being half dozen one way, six another) as options, to help moveability in PVE or PVP.

With Swelling Winds and Guardian Slash in 2.0, I'm wondering how useful it will be overall as well.

jedip_enguin
04.02.2013 , 05:04 PM | #16
You mean accuracy?

It's not sexy, but neither is anything else I'm gonna get for one talent point I suppose.
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Kitru
04.02.2013 , 06:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
By that, do you mean Accuracy?
Ya, that was a brain fart on my end. No idea where it came from.

Quote:
how valuable is Purifying Sweep versus some other talents in the Defense tree?
Come 2.0, the sunder armor effect is going to last 45 seconds so, in PvE, it'll be a great way to increase damage deal to large groups of enemies by dropping all of their armor. The other armor debuff mechanisms (Grav Round and Flourish Shot) are only ST so there's some reasonably usefulness to it.

The reason it's taken is likely because Battlefield Protector and Expeditious Protector are, quite obviously, PvP talents: you're not going to need to Leap more than the standard CD in PvP (whereas, in PvP, with all of the knockback, getting more Leap is always useful) and increasing move speed when you're Guarded target is attacks isn't really all that useful in PvE either (it might have some use in PvP, but I'm questionable about that since Guardians should use either of their leaps if they're not close to their Guarded target while they're being attacked). Essentially, you have to spend 2 points and Purifying Sweeps is almost guaranteed to be more useful than either of the other 2 options.
My New Class Idea

Draqsko
04.02.2013 , 09:00 PM | #18
The reason it's taken is likely because Battlefield Protector and Expeditious Protector are, quite obviously, PvP talents: you're not going to need to Leap more than the standard CD in PvP (whereas, in PvP, with all of the knockback, getting more Leap is always useful) and increasing move speed when you're Guarded target is attacks isn't really all that useful in PvE either (it might have some use in PvP, but I'm questionable about that since Guardians should use either of their leaps if they're not close to their Guarded target while they're being attacked). Essentially, you have to spend 2 points and Purifying Sweeps is almost guaranteed to be more useful than either of the other 2 options.
I question the usefulness in PvP as well.

As far as Battlefield Command goes, you have Force Leap reset with Push, and generally speaking, you are less concerned with being knocked back from a target than knocking back someone attacking your guard. Jedi Warden lowers the cooldown on Push which is effectively lowering the cooldown on Force Leap as well.

As far as Expeditious Protector goes, if you are a PvP tank and are not Guardian Leaping but are running to the person you are guarding, you are doing it wrong. You should never be so far away that the speed buff will matter much, and if you are, that's what Guardian Leap is for (as well as the 20% DR to the person you leap to, and for PvE, the threat drop making it easier to get aggro without having to resort to taunts).

Pilgrim_Grey
04.03.2013 , 08:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
I question the usefulness in PvP as well.

As far as Battlefield Command goes, you have Force Leap reset with Push, and generally speaking, you are less concerned with being knocked back from a target than knocking back someone attacking your guard. Jedi Warden lowers the cooldown on Push which is effectively lowering the cooldown on Force Leap as well.

As far as Expeditious Protector goes, if you are a PvP tank and are not Guardian Leaping but are running to the person you are guarding, you are doing it wrong. You should never be so far away that the speed buff will matter much, and if you are, that's what Guardian Leap is for (as well as the 20% DR to the person you leap to, and for PvE, the threat drop making it easier to get aggro without having to resort to taunts).
My Guardian is still in his 40s, so I hadn't thought of Guardian Leap (such a long stretch without such a useful tanking power). So that does alter things a fair amount. Still, there have been plenty of times where I have been knocked back and Force Leap was on a cool down and there wasn't some person near me to use Force Push on. But Jedi Warden is probably a better point use, since it has a lot of utility in PvP and helps with the things I noted above as well.

RabidCoqui
04.12.2013 , 07:51 AM | #20
So I guess that hybrid isn't that viable anymore? It seems that for both I would have to make picks that I view as being wasted points...

Unfortunately, I have played mainly hybrid so it's going to be rough getting used to losing certain things and I was wondering how much worse it is with hybrid now.

On the Vigilance side, I see wasted points in Defiance, Burning Blade, and Stagger/Gather Strength.

On Defense, I would then be able to only get up to 1 point in Shield Spec but to get that I would get Stasis Mastery that has always seemed lackluster. As before, I can't reach Inner Peace.

So on an attempted hybrid now, I guess it comes down to how much am I missing out on by Cyclonic Sweeps, Daunting Presence, Beacon of Might, and Guardian Slash? It looks like quite a bit and I'm guessing what I gain in Vigilance isn't enough to offset it... oddly enough, I think what I'll have the most issue getting used to is loss of lower CD on Blade Storm... and possibly free Force Sweep if focus generation is less.

Edit to add: With the loss of Unremitting does it perhaps make more sense to grab Battlefield Command instead of Jedi Warden?