Heroic Boarding Party: Last Boss. Your Strat?

I am just looking for different strategies on this (Maybe an easier one?).

We use this one with my group, which is relatively silly but it works for us.

I (tank) Pull Massey and the Commander, the 2 dps and the healer head to the Medic and start DPS'n them. I pull the commander back in the hallway to keep him and his idiotic shield and grenades as far away from the others as possible. His damage is laughable. (I basically solo him and run to the railing when I need a heal)

Massey just ping pongs between me and the group far away. Once the Medic is dead the group focuses on Massey and by then Commander is near dead anyways.

His enrage is a joke so we just healed through it.

We have yet been unable to kill them all where they start without this. Damage is to high to the group due to the Commander's Buff.

All in all though I loved this fight, Probably the "hardest" of the flashpoint bosses.

We do slightly differently. we kill Commander Jorland 2nd and Massey last. Massey is a melee so he can be kited pretty easily when he enrages. I will upload a video of our kill in a minute.

We didn't get the chest to open, not sure if because we didn't one shot the encounter or because we didn't kill Jorland last..

on normal mode back when we did this, we killed Jorland last (medic and massey first) but chest still bugged so I think you have to one shot the encounter to get loot.

Hopefully Jan 4's path will fix it..

We were able to do this last night after about 10+ attempts, all of the others bosses in here (including the optional) were one shotted and pretty much a joke. The strat we used was to spread the group out, such that the commanders grenade launchers aoe did not hit multiple people. We then proceeded to kill the (forgive me i forget all of their names) melee mob first that was putting the shield on the commander, then the medic and then the commander. As stated above the commanders enrage is a joke, however the medic's is not, the medic will just about shot someone. the problem we encountered was that even after the melee mob was dead the commander bugged out and kept his sheild. at this point we had to do extremely light dps on him and my self as the healer and the sorc had to heal the 2 dps. The chest also did not open for us which is nuts, we submitted a ticket, hope to hear back in a few days. All in all, i would not suggest the fight right now as it is still buggy and you have a pretty good chance of not getting any loot.

We do slightly differently. we kill Commander Jorland 2nd and Massey last. Massey is a melee so he can be kited pretty easily when he enrages. I will upload a video of our kill in a minute.

We didn't get the chest to open, not sure if because we didn't one shot the encounter or because we didn't kill Jorland last..

on normal mode back when we did this, we killed Jorland last (medic and massey first) but chest still bugged so I think you have to one shot the encounter to get loot.

Hopefully Jan 4's path will fix it..

Just did this encounter after the patch, we didn't one shot and the chest was still bugged.

pull the left add to the stairs, tank jorland in the middle so the boss and the rest of the group is not in range of each other and the tank only gets that nasty rocket, if tank needs health "üing pong" between the grp and jorland so healer can heal you.

after you burned down the left add, nuke the boss fast. unfortunately we wiped on the right add after killing jorland, got the tionese com but the whole encounter resettet and we could not enter the FP again since we got locked... the script seemes to be somewhat scetchy still where you can actually get the bosskill but when one add survives and you wipe you dont get the loot.

This encounter was pretty difficult the first 2 days of wiping, but we cleared it 5 nights in a row so far. The first 4 times we killed him we did Commander, Massey then medic. But we tried the harder way last night and downed him and still no loot. Medic, Massey then Commander. Spread out maxed ranged and when boss nukes, step out of range then back in. Pretty easy once you get it down. Our make up last night was PT Tank, MERC dps, MERC healer and Sorc dps. Also, off-heals is nice after medic and massey goes down to help boost hps after nukes. We never hit enrage timer yet.

Follow this and you will 1 shot it every time.

-Tank pick up the Medic and the Commando and tank them where they are.

-Have your 2 DPS pull the Chief up the steps a few feet into the hall(where you enter the boss room, red light shining on ground is a good spot) and blow him up.

-Have your healer stand at the top of those steps, on the console so he/she can heal everyone.

-Once Chief dies blow up Commando, pop ALL CD's, Defensive and Offensive.

-Once Commando is dead kill healer, interrupt if you can, if not just power through it..he's easy but he hits the tank hard.

Kill Order - Chief - Commando - Medic

Reason for pulling Chief up, to avoid lots of unnecessary dmg from the Commando until you're ready to kill him.

Notes:

Chief will sometimes drop aggro and go for the healer or the other DPS, not a big deal..as long as he doesn't run down to the tank.

If you live to kill the Commando you win, but you still have to kill the Medic.

Edited by Slomoshun

This works for us first time every try now:

Everyone stays on the entrance/raised platform, kind of in the doorway. As a PowerTech, I attack the group below.

Jorland and the Medic move forward and start ranged attacking me, I'm the only one in line of sight to them (I stand kind of on top of the computer/railing there near the entrance).

Shield dude runs up the stairs and we all burn him down, I alternate taunts to keep him on me 75% of the time or so and it goes quick because he's also out of LOS of the Medic.

The group then jumps down and goes and kills the medic, staying spread out, then does the same with Jorland. The key is really having a half decent healer, and DPS who are smart enough to be in range of AOE heals without getting splash damage.

Or you could do the strat I posted and 1 shot it?

Your strategy assumes that you don't get the bad end of the RNG and that Massey runs down to the tank, which he has a 33% chance of doing every time he switches targets...

This is the most "natural" way we found to deal with this encounter. The key is realizing that the commander hardly does any single-target damage, Chief Massey is more annoying than dangerous, and the medic hits like a truck when he attacks.

We had a ranged dps (mercenary, in our case) pull the commander up the stairs and into the hall. He then stood on the railing dpsing the commander, all out. He did pop defensive cooldowns to make it easier on heals. The tank, healer, and other dps went down the stairs and killed the medic, with the tank holding the medic's attention. At this point damage is light, and our healer was also dpsing/interrupting between heals. After the medic died, we switched to Chief Massey. Massey and the Commander died about the same time--by the time we killed the shield guy and medic, our ranged dps had solo'd the commander down.

This works because the commander hits like a kitten, and putting the tank on him is a waste. He's only dangerous with others in LOS/range. Melee dps would work, too, but they'd have to come to the railing for heals. Also, if we wanted, we could have killed Massey first. The advantage of this strategy is that the party *never* has to face the commander's grenade launcher unless your dps sucks.

We do it similar to what somoe of the people are saying here.

I am the tank.

I jump in aoe taunt do a bit of damage with my healer on guard so he doesnt pull agro as I position the mobs.

I pull commander and massey out and tell the dps to kill the medic.

DPS fight Medic and healer stands inbetween us, 30meter away from Commander so he doesnt get grenaded.

I tank Massey and Commander just at the door we came in to, when Massey runs away I back up and taunt him before he gets to anyone else.... When Medic dies I stop taunting at let DPS kill Masey.

At this point or sometime soon commander goes Enrage, I tell the DPS to go have a Sandwich and I solo him with the healer being at max range to be in my range only and not commander...

Probably not the most effecient but its easy..

Attempted this fight twice, killed it twice. 200k in repairs the first try, 1 shot the next. Had to use tricky kiting methods to get the fight down. Chest worked the second time when we killed Jorland last and pretty close to the chest.

Videos showing people doing it the "legit" way (healing through Jorland's missiles of pwn and Massey's random charges) seem to have a Sorc healer, no melee DPS, and extremely high damage output on the bosses. If you do not have a group like this, chances are you'll have to use some clever kiting or separation methods to take Jorland's missiles out of the game.

Granted, I haven't attempted the fight in two weeks, so maybe it's nerfed or I was just with mediocre/undergeared players when we attempted it the "legit" way.

I'm telling you, the "legit" way to do it is have a dps tank the commander out of los or range of the rest of the group. He solos the commander while everyone else kills Massey/Medic. The commander just doesn't hit hard enough to rate a tank, even after the enrage. The medic is the hard hitter in this fight, believe it or not (assuming you're avoiding grenade spam).

What we do is have the dps pull Massey back and kill him. Meanwhile tank is dpsing the healer, I can usually get him to like 70% my self, make sure to interrupt. This also keeps healing pretty light since grenades won't hit dps. We quickly burn down healer after this and then all that is left is the boss. We mostly do this so the chests doesn't bug. We have had that we died to one of the other adds and wipe still so we can't get in. This strat is pretty good. If you have 2 melee dps the healing can get a little iffy towards the end (grenade *****). If you enrage you still have a decent amount of time to kill last guy. His grenade will probably kill one person but with tank cds you can last.

We killed massey first out of range of jorland and then burst down jorland.

We did a strat video for our guildies who haven't hit 50 yet, hope it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xk3lOv2fdc

Also made a guide for Foundry because it is also one of those "buggy" instances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mxot89a3zQ

We did it as others have mentioned pulling Massey out of range of rockets and burning him down first. Afterwards we did Medic then Commander to minimize risk of loot not dropping. Was no problem, but the DPS is tight so make sure your tank is putting damage into his mobs while you kill Massey and interrupt heals.