The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

So, I queued up on my operative healer and got HM czerka meltdown. Zone in and discover to my abject horror that *I* am the tank! :eek:

I doubled checked my queued roles and verified that it was set to healer (as I have to reason to ever change it, especially not to tank, lol). So I was at a loss, and quite embarrassed as everyone was rightfully pissed. I say my apologies and quit the group.

Still have no idea what happened. But I was the weird one for once.

It's not possible for an operative to queue as a tank role at all. the box is greyed out and never clickable since you dont have a tank role in any tree.

:rak_02:

I had an assassin tank with 2% higher DR than my operative go down in a fp because he was an idiot and grabbed every single mob in 100 meters, was taking over 3000 damage per second, kept him alive for over 20 seconds then when he died he proceeded to ***** at me for being a bad healer while me and a marauder tanked everything else still alive without taking even 1/2 the damage he did.

Also a sorc on that same run who refused to respect my cc's and any thing else i did for that matter. He stopped getting heals about 2/3 of the way through the fp. Fortunately me and the mara were more than a match for the fp.

Ya those two went on ignore.

I had an assassin tank with 2% higher DR than my operative go down in a fp because he was an idiot and grabbed every single mob in 100 meters, was taking over 3000 damage per second, kept him alive for over 20 seconds then when he died he proceeded to ***** at me for being a bad healer while me and a marauder tanked everything else still alive without taking even 1/2 the damage he did.

Also a sorc on that same run who refused to respect my cc's and any thing else i did for that matter. He stopped getting heals about 2/3 of the way through the fp. Fortunately me and the mara were more than a match for the fp.

Ya those two went on ignore.

Idiots. One of the things that will never be out of stock.

Was just in a 55 HM, healing. Had a mara in group, 38k hp. Thought it would be grand.

First boss, tank DCs (droid in Hammer Station), sorc dps (28k hp) and the mara. Immediately the sorc takes the boss' aggro. Mara didn't use camouflage, and never gained aggro off the sorc. I even extricated the sorc (which lowers threat, doesn't it?)

He also used bloodthirst on CD. Like, even in between trash packs. The whole bloodthirst spent running to next pack.

then my internet uppity and goes and I miss the rest of the fun.

I had an assassin tank with 2% higher DR than my operative go down in a fp because he was an idiot and grabbed every single mob in 100 meters,

I don't want to defend the tanks behaviour but the DR part is nothing special, I have a higher DR from armor on my juggernaut even in DPS equip than I have on my my Assa tank

Two problems I have with this.

1. Not everyone is so nonchalant as you about it.

2. and this one is the biggest... many players, especially new ones... are still learning. If they see that this is how it's done, you will find them still doing it at 55 and they'll be like "What? NObody's ever had a problem with it before, what's your problem?" I seriously find this all the time at 50-55 (50 pre expansion).

3. Follow up to #2, this is also why I find even at 55 tanks in full dps gear thinking they can tank cause they did it before and nobody told them how to properly tank cause "oh it's leveling up it's easy mode"

1. I call it realistic rather than nonchalant ;)

2. Fair point, and I don't actually need on it if I'm in a situation like that myself (just not worth the potential drama), but I see the logic in it so unlike any other case of needing on other classes gear I don't call them out on it.

3. While that's true, I'm not gonna cut my leveling speed down to a crawl by gearing with mitigation at low level just in the hopes that some won't do it at high level, especially since I generally spec dps instead while questing and PVPing, and I'm not gonna demand that someone else does either. I leveled my first 50 as a tank and with mitigation gear and know how slow it is, I'm not doing it again.

So, I queued up on my operative healer and got HM czerka meltdown. Zone in and discover to my abject horror that *I* am the tank! :eek:

I doubled checked my queued roles and verified that it was set to healer (as I have to reason to ever change it, especially not to tank, lol). So I was at a loss, and quite embarrassed as everyone was rightfully pissed. I say my apologies and quit the group.

Still have no idea what happened. But I was the weird one for once.

What the....?

You should definitely report that, strange bug. I've seen people claiming GF put them in a role they didn't queue for before, but it was always been a role they could potentially fill if they specced for it..

When I was leveling an Imp alt, I kept being que'd with a sorc who:

1) Que'd as healer but refused to heal. If someone asked for heals he did not answer. Thankfully my friend que'd with me, and she could field respec into heals.

2) Was clearly spec'd in DPS tree. Did not answer when someone told him not to que as healer if he wanted to DPS.

3) Ran ahead of tank and aggro'd multiple groups. Wouldn't even offheal himself and died a lot. LOL

It was both annoying and funny at the same time seeing this guy go kamikaze and die over and over. We kept forgetting to put him on ignore, so that's why we ran into him so many times.

Well, the group finder queue times tend to be significantly shorter for tanks and healers considering how freaking rare they are compared to dps, whenever my brother plays wow, he either queues up for tank or healer and he always finds a group in like 5-10 seconds, sometimes its instant, but he thought he would try dps and he was waiting like 30-60mins for a group and then it likely failed before the tank and/or healer didn't have a clue on what they were doing.

I don't want to defend the tanks behaviour but the DR part is nothing special, I have a higher DR from armor on my juggernaut even in DPS equip than I have on my my Assa tank

Only 2% higher DR than an Operative? That IS quite special. He was probably almost naked or something.

Anyway, the other day we had an Athiss story mode run and the "healer" - for lack of a better term and also because the group finder designated him so - was a little on the odd side. Well, okay, I'm trying to be diplomatic here but the truth is he was ******* crazy.

Occasionally he cast a few static barriers and I saw him use Dark Infusion on a few occasions but with the full 2.5 sec channel. You would think that he was actually a DPS-specced Sorcerer, right? Well, his behaviour made it look like he was actually a Juggernaut tank. A horrible, naked, clueless Juggernaut tank.

Case in point: we get to the beast of Vodal Kressh, the actual tank (level 21 Assassin, everyone else was level 25 or 26) tells us to attack the adds first... and before he finishes, our Sorcerer rushes in and starts whacking at the beast with his lightsaber. Oh yes. To this day I have no idea how we actually finished the fight because he didn't heal the tank. At all. He did a knockback when adds came, cast Static Barrier occasionally and then went back to wailing on the boss with his ever so fearsome lightsaber.

We got to the final boss and it's the same thing: those who got Affliction twice in a row, like myself, had to wave goodbye to this miserable world because our healer was busy playing Jedi Academy on the Prophet. After we failed I was going to kick him but he just left. Thank God. I got out Quinn and he healed us through the fight with no problem....

Now, this was a guild run, but it was freaking hilarious. So, my guild is trying to knock out (post 2.0) EC HM for progression. We're on Vorgath. We manage to enrage the minefield. (Don't ask me how; it was bad.) And 6 people die except for our two shadow tanks who stealth out. We manage to rez everyone in the middle of the minefield. Also, we are about two squares away from the end. Our gunslinger says: "Hey guys! I'll try and hightail it across the one mine that's left!" Of course, he blows up, and we rez him. He just blows up again. And, I have to say, it was the funniest display of postmortem acrobatics I've ever seen in swtor.

In Athiss SM the DPS Assassin insulted me for waiting too long before engaging the last boss, because his procs had run out. I hadn't been sure whether the healer had already returned from being afk (he had moved slightly, but not typed re), that's why I had hesitated.

I dropped group and put the Assassin on ignore. Why make such a fuss over a story mode flashpoint boss? Furthermore, I hadn't even known of his proc (I only play tank Assassin). Besides, there is no need for insulting.

In Athiss SM the DPS Assassin insulted me for waiting too long before engaging the last boss, because his procs had run out. I hadn't been sure whether the healer had already returned from being afk (he had moved slightly, but not typed re), that's why I had hesitated.

I dropped group and put the Assassin on ignore. Why make such a fuss over a story mode flashpoint boss? Furthermore, I hadn't even known of his proc (I only play tank Assassin). Besides, there is no need for insulting.

overreacting like that makes you the weird person

Not really, I don't need to team up with people who insult their teammates.

Should have votekick that dps instead (put him on ignore after) and, if succesful, get the spot for a dps in queue.

Dropping from the group like that, not only punishes the guy who insulted you, but all the others who weren't offenders. Too much "collateral" damage, imo

Edited by wainot-keel

Should have votekick that dps instead (put him on ignore after) and, if succesful, get the spot for a dps in queue.

Dropping from the group like that, not only punishes the guy who insulted you, but all the others who weren't offenders. Too much "collateral" damage, imo

I don't initiate vote kicks unless I am certain it will be successful. I am quite sure this one wouldn't have been successful because no group wants a drama before engaging the final boss and no one spoke up. I won't stay in a group with someone who insults me or someone else for no good reason.

I don't initiate vote kicks unless I am certain it will be successful. I am quite sure this one wouldn't have been successful because no group wants a drama before engaging the final boss and no one spoke up. I won't stay in a group with someone who insults me or someone else for no good reason.

Since shrugging off the idiot wasn't a choice for you, you could have stated that it was either him or you in the group for the vote kick, at least that way you could have given the chance the healer and the other dps to continue the flashpoint by forcing them to choose a side.

My point is, quickly dropping from group like that seems harsh, not only on the dps and healer who didn't offend you, but on you too, since you have to start over the flashpoint. The idiot who insulted you, managed to make you lose a lot of time. You gave him too much credit imo

Since shrugging off the idiot wasn't a choice for you, you could have stated that it was either him or you in the group for the vote kick, at least that way you could have given the chance the healer and the other dps to continue the flashpoint by forcing them to choose a side.

My point is, quickly dropping from group like that seems harsh, not only on the dps and healer who didn't offend you, but on you too, since you have to start over the flashpoint. The idiot who insulted you, managed to make you lose a lot of time. You gave him too much credit imo

I appreciate your advice, I really do. I know it was harsh on the healer and the dps. However, I will not make anyone chose between me and someone else. I would never feel comfortable with this and I am not confident enough to do so.

I rather lose time than to tank the boss for him.

(but frankly, they should have been able to finish the FP without me, the boss isn't so hard).

Anyway, I don't pug anymore, because every time there is someone who makes me want to leave, so you don't have to worry about me walking out on people on a regular basis. I don't go well with random people and I'm aware of that.

He's weird, nevertheless, because there's no need to insult someone because your proc ran out,

I appreciate your advice, I really do. I know it was harsh on the healer and the dps. However, I will not make anyone chose between me and someone else. I would never feel comfortable with this and I am not confident enough to do so.

I rather lose time than to tank the boss for him.

(but frankly, they should have been able to finish the FP without me, the boss isn't so hard).

Anyway, I don't pug anymore, because every time there is someone who makes me want to leave, so you don't have to worry about me walking out on people on a regular basis. I don't go well with random people and I'm aware of that.

He's weird, nevertheless, because there's no need to insult someone because your proc ran out,

I totally understand you. People tend to insult tank and heal all the time. I had this, when i was a newbie tank .. while my second run in manda raiders sm, i could not keep aggro from the boss (he carbonized me and dropped aggro every time i managed to use taunt on him). We didnt wipe, and I think only healer died (i am not sure), but a dps wanted to vote kick me, with reason "tank cannot taunt". I was like so furious, I didnt even wait for the votes, i quit. Heck, i was even insulted severely with my on a hammer station sm run (!!) that i suck at healing! Oh, yyes, i did really suck, but so are most beginners .. and believe me, i did try my best that time. And the worst is, that none of the other gruppies said anything ... so i just dropped that group, too.

Those poor souls, that try to heal or tank, and (of course) fail for the first many times just to be additionally stomped to the ground by groupmates. Hell, as DPS you need to know like 2 rules up to .. well HM fp-s like "kill weak to strong" and "dont attack cc" and maybe "dont attack before tank", but thats all. As healer .. there is "dont fight just heal" and "start healing as soon as needed not when near death" .. and .. maybe "watch defubb and cleanse", but that is only for HM FP-s.

Now, as tank you need to know everything. Boss mechanics, mob positions, explosive barrels or healer will have a tough job, and later you even wipe. Even with ops .. DPS get exact orders for all the time, so you can easily first time as DPS before dulfying it. And what if you fck up? Well, then some other DPS will interrupt/kill ads/kill snipers etc, cos there are many. If you fck up as tank, then its a wipe.

I especially love those "smarties", who have a main lvl55 tank, and are just lvling a dps mara, who just tell you what to do, even if you dont ask, even if things go smooth and be prepared that they _will_ be very arrogant and pushy, if you dont do exactly the "way they do it".

So Aryh, I wish you a good time playing this game!

Well, my main is a lvl 55 Shadow tank and at the beginning I really sucked at keeping aggro

but learning by doing and I always said that I was new to the role so we cleared the FP mostly with no problems, except the normal under geared shadow problem which is getting just too much damage.

But it was one time I ran a Cademimu HM FP with a really over geared healer.

So, well I was new and i tried my best but at the big mob at the beginning we wiped cause i got too much damage and died. Well at that point the heal started to talk crap.

As we wiped at the bonus boss an he just insulted me I just quit and put him on ignore.

Another strange event took place when i wanted to run asation with my guild with 2 randoms

we needed 2 random DD's and got 2 jedi sage HEALERS, well, we were lucky to get them but there was no chance to clear the OP especially because both wouldn't come into our TS and lied about knowing that OP.

But the biggest problem of them all ist waiting 2 hours for a FP run with my lvl 48 Gunslinger -.-

Well, my main is a lvl 55 Shadow tank and at the beginning I really sucked at keeping aggro

but learning by doing and I always said that I was new to the role so we cleared the FP mostly with no problems, except the normal under geared shadow problem which is getting just too much damage.

So, well I was new and i tried my best but at the big mob at the beginning we wiped cause i got too much damage and died. Well at that point the heal started to talk crap.

As we wiped at the bonus boss an he just insulted me I just quit and put him on ignore.

Another strange event took place when i wanted to run asation with my guild with 2 randoms

we needed 2 random DD's and got 2 jedi sage HEALERS, well, we were lucky to get them but there was no chance to clear the OP especially because both wouldn't come into our TS and lied about knowing that OP.

But the biggest problem of them all ist waiting 2 hours for a FP run with my lvl 48 Gunslinger -.-

I'm sorry, but maybe your problem that you are bad tank?

P.S. BTW, playing as a DPS and having long queue times is completely normal.

Bonus boss in cademimu is really annoying, especially for tank, especially for a not overgeared one. I usually just get comms, and leave it there.

Bonus boss in cademimu is really annoying, especially for tank, especially for a not overgeared one. I usually just get comms, and leave it there.

If you're an undergeared tank there you can use some tools to ease your healer's job.

Shadow - Force speed

Vanguard - Hold the line

Guardian - ask the healer (and rdps*) to stand behind the rails at the edge of the elevator, this way he won't get sucked in, and you can guardian leap to them.

*rdps shouldn't really move around cause they can go down with the elevator in some cases.

'slingers with thei cover mechanic are usually going down, but this is a good source of some chuckle :rolleyes:

If you're an undergeared tank there you can use some tools to ease your healer's job.

Shadow - Force speed

Shadow - 1st time resilienice = 0 dmg, 2nd time phase walk out, 3rd time resilience, 4th time force speed out and drop phase walk, 5th resilience, 6th phasewalk and so on.... This is one of the easier bosses. Annoying is the last boss, no matter how overgeared and if you even can solo him.

'slingers with thei cover mechanic are usually going down, but this is a good source of some chuckle

Hunker down FTW :)

Edited by AAAAzrael