Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I

EricMusco

Thanks for the podcast, it was enjoyable. This is the kind of communication that I'd like to see more of. Keep them coming.

Also, please ignore all the raging morons who are spamming the video with thumbs downs, they are a very vocal minority that doesn't speak for everyone. And yeah, this is coming from someone on a dead server. I know you guys are working on it, I'm enjoying leveling alts while I wait.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda glad I didn't resub. This free month, I've logged on maybe like 3 times so far.

I cringe every time BW gets 'excited' about a new feature. "Oh I can't wait to talk about 1.4! It's gonna be awsome!" ... it's like, yeah, you said that about 1.2 too and it was a HUGE let down. You know a game is very dull when players and BW get excited about a guild bank feature. It just means it lacks everything else.

I don't pretend to know what goes into making a game...and I'm sure BW works very hard on this game. But anything that comes out of BW's mouth has to be taken with a grain of salt....cause you know the feature isn't going to be as awsome as they say its' going to be :p

It's nitpicking because you don't agree. The family tree is fluff, and even as a roleplayer--which was supposedly the group being targeted with the family tree--the feature is worthless to me; I can't share it with anyone. It's about as useful as writing my family tree down on a napkin.

Good thing they put today's patch on the PTS to get feedback right? ;)

Fluff, believe it or not, keeps people around longer. Unbelievable, check the achievement grinders in WoW.

I'm kinda glad I didn't resub. This free month, I've logged on maybe like 3 times so far.

I cringe every time BW gets 'excited' about a new feature. "Oh I can't wait to talk about 1.4! It's gonna be awsome!" ... it's like, yeah, you said that about 1.2 too and it was a HUGE let down. You know a game is very dull when players and BW get excited about a guild bank feature. It just means it lacks everything else.

I don't pretend to know what goes into making a game...and I'm sure BW works very hard on this game. But anything that comes out of BW's mouth has to be taken with a grain of salt....cause you know the feature isn't going to be as awsome as they say its' going to be :p

Bingo. When they start using adjectives, it's time to put on your skeptic goggles.

There are XP perks for PvP,

There are XP perks for Flashpoints,

There are XP perks for Space

Why are there no XP perks for personal story content?

At a guess, I'd say it's because all the stuff you CAN get the exp boosts for is repeatable content. With the exception of heroics, story content is not repeatable.

sounds mostly like diluted game systems and a loss of direction to me. I smell the slide to ftp right around the corner with this much focus on trying to please Everyone and Anyone they can drag into the game. :(

Not preaching doom and gloom here. Just coming to the realization that the mmo landscape has forever changed from the premium gaming experience I enjoyed a decade ago, to a competition for the generalized mass audience. Honestly I have no crafting endgame and less coming with buying augment slots. And there is NO open world pvp in sight which pretty much kills doing anything but grinding gear progression in instances (WZ or OpS). Those are representational of multiplayer games like BF3 and Counter Strike. They do not take into account Open Persistent worlds that are THE defining feature of MMO's. The game is totally dependent on little segmented instances of 8-16 people.

Edited by Mhorham
stupid spellcheck garbling up my post

Countless years of design and 5 months after launch and they're talking about how people will soon be able to wear what they want... Oh what a novel idea for a video game. I'm so excited :o

Countless years of design and 5 months after launch and they're talking about how people will soon be able to wear what they want... Oh what a novel idea for a video game. I'm so excited :o

Prepare for PvP matches where 3/4 players in the warzone have a bikini.

Next level eye candy. Female Jedi in bikinis fighting Female Sith in bikinis.

:rak_03:DEAL WITH IT

The more feedback and communication that I see the happier the customer base will be. Customers want to be heard and not dismissed. If not they get to the point of irrational rage. lol

PS: I want my merc back or I'm gonna go Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde on your a $$

Read the podcast and that's saddening.

So the biggest feature in 1.3 would be the LFG tool and tanks in bikinis. Seriously?

Tell me how can a player be really exited about a tool to find others players when their server are empty and they won't be able to find others to do (non instanced) content with that?

Also players certainly never asked for tanks in bikini. Personally I don't mind but you are doing a mistake here.

Then we have the rocket boots venting. Do you guys realize Jedi flying around with rocket boots looks silly too?

It doesn't feels SW, nor looks like SW and doesn't even smells SW. This isn't a comic game but a SW based MMO.

Let's speak about the plague event. Seems you found it fun the plague was used to gank people preventing them to trade their tokens and grief others on non PvP servers. Then I see you forgot how you removed the vendor at the end of the event with less than a day announcement. This contrary to the overwhelming request made by the players.

The more I read about the direction of the game the less I understand.

How come you guys could possibly keep sabotaging the game?

- You aren't fixing the main issues

- You aren't trying to make the game feels nor looks like SW

- You aren't adding content

All players with half a brain can feel how much the servers are empty.

Even with all the free weeks and months given away you lost 24% of players in 2 months.

You are bleeding out subs at a rate of over 150k per month and it'll get worse with all the games about to launch.

Even EA is downplaying TOR from its top licence out of the top 5. Don't you guys don't realize that you if don't add end content, world PvP and fix the engine you're going to have to look for a new job fast?

I'm sorry to say so but the game needs a new direction. It can still be salvaged but you're about to pass the no return milestone. And even the miracle space combat upgrade won't be able to save the game.

MMO are like buildings and your foundations are not even up to others AAA MMO. Games that had less time and at least 3 times less budget you had to build TOR.

Edited by Deewe

The more feedback and communication that I see the happier the customer base will be. Customers want to be heard and not dismissed. If not they get to the point of irrational rage. lol

PS: I want my merc back or I'm gonna go Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde on your a $$

Well you def. cant post in their forums, their on a mad rampage removing posts that even carry the word "doom or gloom" ...... And I dont even post swear words and I get posts removed on here.... by far one of most policed forums in the world.

Hello everyone! My name is Eric Musco and I, along with Brooks Guthrie are happy to bring you episode one of the official Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ podcast, “Rocket Boots”. You can listen by using the embedded player, by downloading and listening on your preferred MP3 player, or check it out on our

In this episode, we sit down with Daniel Erickson and Damion Schubert to talk about what we saw in Game Update 1.2 and what we can expect as we look forward to Game Update 1.3. Also, David Bass stops by to tell us about how things went at PAX East and share some of our convention plans for the rest of the year. If you have any questions or comments about the show, feel free to let us know in this forum thread.

Thanks for listening!

Read more.

Hearing developers talk about the game is great. Gives us some insight into why particular decisions are made and that's a much needed thing.

Regarding the Looking For Group tool, it was mentioned that people can select whatever role they are capable and willing to perform in a group. What it doesn't state is whether or not we're going to see dual specs. Being able to queue for multiple roles is sorta pointless until this type of system is in place. It may work well for lower level content but it's certainly not going to work for story mode operations or hard mode flashpoints, which it indicated we could queue for. I've love to hear more about that.

Well you def. cant post in their forums, their on a mad rampage removing posts that even carry the word "doom or gloom" ...... And I dont even post swear words and I get posts removed on here.... by far one of most policed forums in the world.

Really, one of the most policed forums in the world???

I'm sorry but that is a cOmplete exaggeration!

Some perspective would be nice me thinks!

Sounds like the group finder is an automatic one. That a surprise, I thought it would be a simple one like the early WOTLK system.

After listening carefully the podcast..

ibecause im sure increase the EX for killing only BOSSES in FP will give you a entire level!

Bosses only? Seriously? FPs already give a pathetically tiny amount of xp and now this makes it barely any better. That is some serious BS.

Regarding the Looking For Group tool, it was mentioned that people can select whatever role they are capable and willing to perform in a group. What it doesn't state is whether or not we're going to see dual specs. Being able to queue for multiple roles is sorta pointless until this type of system is in place.

LOL That was a total oversight. Guess they expect us to just use legacy respec and make everyone wait 10 mins while we move our UI around.

Edited by DarthZaul

Please, please, please make sure that crafters can use the augment table on bound equipment for other people. I really want to be able to add augment slots to my black hole gear, and I don't want to have to buy the gear from the crafter. It sounded like you guys have this taken care of, but I just wanted to reiterate it.

Hello everyone! My name is Eric Musco and I, along with Brooks Guthrie are happy to bring you episode one of the official Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ podcast, “Rocket Boots”.

This must be the only post on YouTube where comments are not possible... Seriously, people, get a clue about social media!