Downtime: 23 August 2016

TaitWatson

All servers and SWTOR.com will be unavailable on August 23rd while we perform back end maintenance.

DATE: August 23, 2016

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (13:00 - 17:00 BST)

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Will there be a fix for the Missing Details Data/Depths of Manaan issue? Multiple threads about it since 4.7a and no responses from BW acknowledging it.

Will RAV SM GF finally drop a DMC at the end too?

There won't be any bug fixes. Back end maintenance = treat the hampsters' hemorrhoids. :rolleyes:

There won't be any bug fixes. Back end maintenance = treat the hampsters' hemorrhoids. :rolleyes:

Not all the time they have fix bugs in mantiance for example. They fix the acid bug in huttball in mantiance and they fix bug where warzone would not pop if in group in mantiance

Not all the time they have fix bugs in mantiance for example. They fix the acid bug in huttball in mantiance and they fix bug where warzone would not pop if in group in mantiance

There will not be a patch. No version change. Back end maintenance means mechanical/technical maintenance on the hardware, not the software.

So again, there won't be any bug fixes, unless they're being caused by a mechanical, or technical, issue and not faulty coding.

All servers and SWTOR.com will be unavailable on August 23rd while we perform back end maintenance.

DATE: August 23, 2016

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (13:00 - 17:00 BST)

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Guys you make too many maintenances, i can't remember any other mmo with so many downtimes. You are not giving people space to play

Guys you make too many maintenances, i can't remember any other mmo with so many downtimes. You are not giving people space to play

Eh? Maintenance every 2-3 weeks, sometimes once a month and you think it's too much? I think there's not enough maintenance. There are hundreds of issues/bugs bugs to squash.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Eh? Maintenance every 2-3 weeks, sometimes once a month and you think it's too much? I think there's not enough maintenance. There are hundreds of issues/bugs bugs to squash.

They already had maintenance for new patch then 4.7.a patch then back update maintenance and now again! This is really too many + i don' t see seriouse bugg fixes with these patches there are still tonns of old buggs, what they are fixing is new buggs which appeared with new patches... what i really see is changes to gamble market: new pscks and other useless things

Edited by omaan

They already had maintenance for new patch then 4.7.a patch then back update maintenance and now again! This is really too many + i don' t see seriouse bugg fixes with these patches there are still tonns of old buggs, what they are fixing is new buggs which appeared with new patches... what i really see is changes to gamble market: new pscks and other useless things

Well, let's see. There's crashing issues, people reporting severe lag spikes and graphics issues to name a few. So yeah, hardware maintenance is needed. And there has never been an update/patch when they do back end maintenance, so no patch = no bug fixes related to gameplay (flashpoints, companions, etc).

But I still say there's not enough maintenance/updates to fix many of the gameplay issues. It doesn't necessarily mean they need to do maintenance once a week. I would rather have maintenance twice a week if they could just get their heads out of their donkeys to fix all the broken stuff, instead of glossing it over with shiny stuff to redirect the player-base's attention.

If your, or anyone else's, universe revolves around playing a game, and a couple of hours downtime every week or so is such a problem for you, then I feel sorry for you. There's more to life than sitting at a computer 24/7.

Guess you've never played an actual MMO, like EvE, daily downtime which took 10 years to get under 30mins a day, most others are at best a few hours EVERY week

Strange to see this because I remember being impressed the other week how long we had gone without maintenance - it was something like 3 weeks prior to the recent chapter. Even with the more recent maintenance since the chapter release it still averages out to less than weekly which is very standard for an MMO. You need to look at the longer term than the week or two after a patch - once again more frequent maintenance after a patch are pretty standard for an MMO.

And in any case it's bizarre to see this - as frustrating as maintenance can be, I'm sure most players would rather put up with the inconvenience to see issues fixed.

Very frustrating to see not an even an acknowledgement of the Depths of Manaan issue - when I initially saw this in the Developer Tracker I hoped this was what the maintenance was for.

It isn't some edge case affecting a tiny number of players doing something unusual in game. This a core activity for a current time limited event that affects the ability to obtain the armor that is an integral part of the event

It's takes barely any effort to at least acknowledge an issue such as this, but failure to do so gives a very poor impression - namely that the people behind the game don't care.

Edited by ZavienUK

Will there be a fix for the Missing Details Data/Depths of Manaan issue? Multiple threads about it since 4.7a and no responses from BW acknowledging it.

Not necessarily correct. It depends if the issue is server side (i.e. a database problem) or requires a client side patch. In the case of the issue above if the client is simply referring to an invalid part of the database it may be resolvable by a database update during maintenance.

As others have stated you have never really played a good MMO then.

WoW (used) to have a weekly maintenance. Every Tuesday the servers were off for like 2-4 hours just doing restarts and applying different things. Never was a problem. Game ran very smooth too.

Here you get a maintenance a couple times a month & then they still don't fix things or get them running smoothly.

Well i started playing WoW 3 months ago and didnt experience any downtime up till now. But maybe they just do it when im at work or not playing :D

Why do they give us this but hardly any information? And then when people ask questions they are gone and no one knows anything? Can you get better at giving information please Bioware? :confused:

What other info do you think you need? It's back end maintenance, no patch, just like their post says. That's all you need to know.