Legacy Storage?

idnewton

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i am not sure about what its all about, but if its what i think it is, it will be pretty useless, since anything legacy based you can send via mail anyway, now if it allows you to transfer non-legacy items that are bound to a character, then it would be useful, otherwise, its a wasted feature....but thats just my thought on it.

Well, i am not sure about what its all about, but if its what i think it is, it will be pretty useless, since anything legacy based you can send via mail anyway, now if it allows you to transfer non-legacy items that are bound to a character, then it would be useful, otherwise, its a wasted feature....but thats just my thought on it.

so being able to stick all your crafting mats, comp gifts etc etc into legacy storage and being able to access them from any char without having to go through the hassle of mailing it is useless and a wasted feature?

You need serious help!! :D

Mats indeed, but also other stuff...

I'd like to be able to craft things like Aug 9 kits, armor mods, barrels, etc. and put them into storage that anyone can access so when I'm ready for them, I don't have to go hunting across 17 alts to find them.

Mats indeed, but also other stuff...

I'd like to be able to craft things like Aug 9 kits, armor mods, barrels, etc. and put them into storage that anyone can access so when I'm ready for them, I don't have to go hunting across 17 alts to find them.

yeah that's a pain in the butt so is having to mail all the armor plates, mods, and enhancements I craft for my alts and their comps. :(

LS is in no way a useless feature.

yeah that's a pain in the butt so is having to mail all the armor plates, mods, and enhancements I craft for my alts and their comps. :(

LS is in no way a useless feature.

Yes it is. Legacy Storage would make it so much easier and instead of playing mail tag you could spend more time playing the game. I have six crafters so I craft most items for my chrs.

Yes it is. Legacy Storage would make it so much easier and instead of playing mail tag you could spend more time playing the game. I have six crafters so I craft most items for my chrs.

I think you misquoted. Anaesha claims that it will be useful feature for exactly you want. It is JamieKirby who thinks it will be useless because we can already mail stuff

I think you misquoted. Anaesha claims that it will be useful feature for exactly you want. It is JamieKirby who thinks it will be useless because we can already mail stuff

I was agreeing with Anasha about mailing gear to chrs being a pain in the butt. Also see what I said about LS making it easier.

Edited by well

It will be useless if we only get one 10*10 cargo hold, though. My legacy suits alone take two bays, and crafting mats from scavenging - three more bays. Same for Bio. Five bays would be good, but not enough for crafting, and I'm not sure they'll give us ten.

It will be useless if we only get one 10*10 cargo hold, though. My legacy suits alone take two bays, and crafting mats from scavenging - three more bays. Same for Bio. Five bays would be good, but not enough for crafting, and I'm not sure they'll give us ten.

qft, the Crafting-Mats alone will take like 200+ Slots

^ This...

I'm not sure if the actual decision makers play enough or are connected enough to what is going on to understand this however...

One big change would be moving from 99 of a stack to 9,999 of a stack. I have one cargo bay full of nothing but grade 9 metals... that is stupid and insane (for many reasons). It should be 6 or 7 stacks total, 1 of each kind.

Also, if we have a complete "set" of armor, we should be able to "box it up" into an "armor container" so that we can move it around and handle it as "one piece".

Lord there are so many basic improvements that could be made, shame there is no development money for any of it.

Which of course makes me wonder why everyone is expecting a massive expansion and all kinds of cool stuff in 3.0. I don't see development dollars here, we haven't seen any real money in almost a year now. (lets be honest, like it or hate it, GSF was done on the cheap)

qft, the Crafting-Mats alone will take like 200+ Slots

:) More than that... I have several pack mule alts have have 5 bays of nothing but mats. Frankly, I probably have too many mats and my bigger issue is that I can't craft fast enough to use them all. Nor can I probably sell the stuff I craft that fast.

I don't want to list them directly, the items they make are worth more than the mats are, but at some point, having over a thousand bays full of mats might be a bit much. :)

:) More than that... I have several pack mule alts have have 5 bays of nothing but mats. Frankly, I probably have too many mats and my bigger issue is that I can't craft fast enough to use them all. Nor can I probably sell the stuff I craft that fast.

I don't want to list them directly, the items they make are worth more than the mats are, but at some point, having over a thousand bays full of mats might be a bit much. :)

to be fair, youre an exception then ;-)

I'm not sure if the actual decision makers play enough or are connected enough to what is going on to understand this however...

I think they are very much aware, that's just it. Everything that folks are expecting from legacy storage would ultimately mean you're going to use the characters own storage bays less. Since these can be bought with CC's this will likely mean a decrease in CC income for EA/BW.

To remove the risk of a decrease in CC returns, they will either make it so it's totally not what you expect, forcing you to remain with the old system for the better part, OR, it will be made so unbelievably expensive, that only a few players (in comparison) will be able to utilize its full potential (which I am sure is going to be limited at best)

Edited by LeJarC

From my experience a crafting skill fills at least a cargo hold.

Now regarding SWTOR way to implement features I'd say consider you happy if you have a fully functional 10x10 legacy storage.

I mean I do expect the legacy storage to be very limited both in its capacity and allowed items. All that topped by the fact it might cost an arm and a leg to use it to its full extend.

Just hope I'm wrong.

We shouldn't make assumption on something we haven't even see yet, that includes all of us Myself included.

They haven't shown us LS on the live streams yet it could be a 10x10 with unlocks for more bays purchasable by creds/cc OR it could be a 100x100 for all we know.

We shouldn't make assumption on something we haven't even see yet, that includes all of us Myself included.

They haven't shown us LS on the live streams yet it could be a 10x10 with unlocks for more bays purchasable by creds/cc OR it could be a 100x100 for all we know.

Seriously doubt a 100x100 but i'd be cool nonetheless ;)

I'm just saying don't hold your breath not to be disappointed, because people will be.

• Dev Post
I think something on many players' minds is the details of Legacy Storage. While you're being so kind and answering questions, could you give details about the functionality of Legacy Storage?

I think we are closer to a place that we can start throwing out more details. Let me see what I can do, I will try to get some answers back today.

-eric

I think we are closer to a place that we can start throwing out more details. Let me see what I can do, I will try to get some answers back today.

-eric

Thank you. That would be really appreciated.