Gear Matters - It rly does, bro, srsly.

Wimbleton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6K HPS in the arena is not particular impressive, and it will most likely get you killed in ranked. If anything this either shows that gear does in fact matter, or that you lack experience with healing.

HPS is a factor of the opposing damage. Theyd have to do more dmg, we were full health at match end both rounds with zero deaths. Can't heal what isn't damaged.. That last person running around being goofy probably also has an effect. Most of my ranked games are around 5-10k hps.

Merc HPS is also considerably tied to defensives usage (sometimes 25% of your HPS) which you get to do in ranked but as you see below, they didn't even try to kill me, just CC/interrupt (which was the right play).

Round 1 Parse: https://i.imgur.com/kQIchBA.jpg

Round 2 Parse: https://i.imgur.com/ceea7fk.jpg

Edited by Wimbleton

Eh, I think what your really trying to say Ble is that gear doesn't make you a better player.

We all know gear matters, all gear does is amplify whatever you are able to do at your skill level, but it won't make a better player. Like for instance, suppose someone is an awesome marauder player, exceptionally good, but he only has 116k HP when he loads into a match. He can probably run circles around a player that has 128k hp but has horrible timing, spams all there dcds, and tries to face tank everything. In the end, gear didn't matter for the guy with 128k because he was simply outplayed.

However, imagine if the marauder had the same gear. Then it wouldn't even be close, he would tear that guy up. So in the end gear matters, but skill, knowing your rotations and handling pressure is what makes or breaks the deal in most arena matches. Also, play an OP class helps too. xD

Edited by DenariusJay

Eh, I think what your really trying to say Ble is that gear doesn't make you a better player.

We all know gear matters, all gear does is amplify whatever you are able to do at your skill level, but it won't make a better player. Like for instance, suppose someone is an awesome marauder player, exceptionally good, but he only has 116k HP when he loads into a match. He can probably run circles around a player that has 128k hp but has horrible timing, spams all there dcds, and tries to face tank everything. In the end, gear didn't matter for the guy with 128k because he was simply outplayed.

However, imagine if the marauder had the same gear. Then it wouldn't even be close, he would tear that guy up. So in the end gear matters, but skill, knowing your rotations and handling pressure is what makes or breaks the deal in most arena matches. Also, play an OP class helps too. xD

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Not sure if this is a troll or you are for real.

You need to provide WAY more matches like that in order to prove this. I dont see what classes you were up against, but from the picture you can see a lot.

1. It was 9 am so its not the best players quing at that time anywhere

2. The Merc in the enemy team did 6583 healing, that means he didnt use Adrenaline rush, medpac or Reflec so what kind of Merc player is that?? (Not to mention his offheals)

3. The enemy team didnt have a healer and you had a dps/tank guarding.

4. Its a reg wz, not ranked.

Giving this info (I could give way more insights if I knew more) I can tell you it was pure luck what happened there. Gear does matter, at least it matters if you go in naked or not, there is less difference between 240 and 248 but being naked is definitely not the way.

Lastly, I recently leveled a new toon, got him to 70 and wanted to get to 25 valor for ranked so did PVP, I was Immortal in 2 matches in starter 208 (or whatever gear you get on a 65 token toon), so what does that tell us? I also qued for pvp while i was at work, so 7 am and 11 am my time).

Edited by merovejec

When I was doing my last charity streaming event my group did a no-gear arena challenge. We won vs. fully geared players lol. I think I pulled 6k+ Hps with only a main hand. The truth of the matter is majority of swtor pvpers can be out played by simlply understanding how to kite/LoS and class how your class works.

Not sure if this is a troll or you are for real.

if I tell you it's a troll post then that either a) disqualifies my post from troll status or b) it wasn't a troll post but I'm now saying it is and you don't really know which is true. This begins troll inception and we go deeper into the troalllity of the internet possibly losing ourselves to this reality we've created causing irreparable damage to both our troll meter and internet reputations as antitroll advocates.

Well surely after this reply it's obvious I am/was trolling...

Or was/am I?

Edited by Wimbleton

if I tell you it's a troll post then that either a) disqualifies my post from troll status or b) it wasn't a troll post but I'm now saying it is and you don't really know which is true. This begins troll inception and we go deeper into the troalllity of the internet possibly losing ourselves to this reality we've created causing irreparable damage to both our troll meter and internet reputations as antitroll advocates.

Well surely after this reply it's obvious I am/was trolling...

Or was/am I?

Please help him, and quickly!

When I was doing my last charity streaming event my group did a no-gear arena challenge. We won vs. fully geared players lol. I think I pulled 6k+ Hps with only a main hand. The truth of the matter is majority of swtor pvpers can be out played by simlply understanding how to kite/LoS and class how your class works.

Your truth holds no sway here, mistress.

Did you do that against a premade with similar classes? If so I am very impressed, but if we are talking premade vs. pug.... not so much :p

The truth of the matter is majority of swtor pvpers can be out played by simlply understanding how to kite/LoS and class how your class works.

This is truth right here. I was just talking to my guild last night how many baddie fotm Merc/Mandos there are that open with net. How dumb can you be...guess they got PvE on the brain.

Lemme play baby Jesus's advocate:

Do you remember your PVP play before you played 10,000 warzones? I do. I was like... how can anyone play this game, I get killed instantly!?!?!

So yeah, a few of them might be new to PVP and no matter how much PVE you play, it doesnt prepare you to the fast paced decision making requirements of PVP where the tiniest miss/late button push means your death.

Baby Jesus's double advocate:

Why does it always seem like I get matched with 7 people who have been playing this game for 2 weeks?

I still look back on my very first PvP videos occasionally and remember how embarrassingly bad I was. Practice practice practice.

Recording myself play was probably the best decision I ever made with regards improving my game.

You have to *want* to improve though. And that's what appears to be missing from many people now. They have an external locus of control.

Edited by Jherad