My lucky but still bad new player expirience

StevenTrush

First month in this game was like a blast! Sith Warrior quest line was very cool and i subbed!

Then i started to realize that most cool items in the game you can get only from GTN or GCC.. Like some cool toys, Tulak Horde armor, Shae Vizla's armor... Like there're some nice silver armors or something else BUT... it seems fishy that you cant just get cool look for free (without cc) You can get Hydra armor from Legacy vendor and first time you will think its THE BEST armor in the game but... When you see other sets from CM,,, you just begin to notice that they got more details or just looks better. There;re no ugly detaits that makes armor look like crap. I just wonder why they've screwed UP SO MANY NICE SETS with some ugly things...

Second is rng,,, I got something cool from GCC and then spent money on 30 ethernal packs,,, Got nothing good rly,,, Well its not like i didnt get some gold items... BUT THEY;RE JUST SO UGLY... like tunings? most of them just dont have right to exists! they're so useles... so pity... Yet you got 2 cool items in entire pack,,, Other items just not worth it... But you get only them =P

Third thing that i HATE is that i have to pay LOADS OF CC just to unlock items for my alts.. you know... wow got the same thing and its free there...

I hate that this game just feels so F2P and cheap,, Most of its content is so ugly... Iokath isnt new,,, and 90% of new armors looks just ugly.... TOO UGLY,,,, Here you can play for free but thats not funny with 350k (plus there is no new content for prefered or f2p so just shut up),, so compare to other games with sub (mostly wow) swtor feels cheap... And SO unrewardings like you missed so much things here.... There were tons of gifts for subscribers.... Jet pack,, companion,,, etc...

And now you come to this game... You want to progress BUT the only progress you can make is buyin some things from GTN or CM,,, Like gear is SO USELESS in this game... there is no point in doing OP;s just because rewards are bad... And they're BAD because the biggest reward is cool set for your character....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by StevenTrush

Feel better now? :)

Look... there is no free lunch in MMOs. You have to put in time and effort to achieve and to acquire. You don't get the benefits of a veteran player who has invested time and effort and accumulated wealth and possessions over time when you are brand new to the game.

Most of the issues you presented are actually wealth issues, presented more as a poverty/welfare petition. So.. put together a wealth generation plan and begin accumulating wealth. I followed the same exact wealth accumulation formula I have used in other MMOs for years. It's actually easier in this MMO then in most.

In six months time.. all those things you are complaining about will be largely gone, except for CC needs for collections if you make yourself a plan and stick to the plan. Thing is... how many gear sets do you need to unlock now? Not many. So.. let your subscription run, play the game, and let your monthly CC stipend from your sub accumulate AND spend wisely. And/or... be a little bit enterprising and use your referral link with friends, or strangers and reap CC rewards as well. Too impatient? Then purchase some... you don't need a whole lot as a newer player. CC unlocks is an investment over time, not a pre-pay.

Six months into this game after launch.. and I had sufficient wealth for all my needs. And said wealth has continued to grow faster then the pace of GTN prices on super rare collectors items from the CM. You can do the same... if you want to and have the focus to do so... and if it is really important to your continued game play. Some people need a lot of credits for their play style. Some players needs are much more modest. Which is why each player needs to assess and then implement a wealth generation plan that meets or exceeds their needs. This is true by the way for every MMO. This is MMO 101.

Edited by Andryah

I do agree that SWTOR has a lot of ugly items, items that only have a single reason to exist: to look good.

But it's easy to earn creds to buy what you want off the GTN anyway, there are tons of different ways. You're only a month in, give it time.

you;re right guys.. rly but the problem is - packs're goin to vocation one day... long ago mask of revans was 3m throne was 2m... and like was not so hard to get it... but now new armor is just ugly.... like they force you to want old ones... this sounds retarded but it is... bu if you rly want something you cant even get it with your skills,,, only with time.

and... you can get old sets only with GCC! Thats the point... like you even CANT GET THINGS cuz they dont even exist

you;re right guys.. rly but the problem is - packs're goin to vocation one day... long ago mask of revans was 3m throne was 2m... and like was not so hard to get it... but now new armor is just ugly.... like they force you to want old ones... this sounds retarded but it is... bu if you rly want something you cant even get it with your skills,,, only with time.

and... you can get old sets only with GCC! Thats the point... like you even CANT GET THINGS cuz they dont even exist

You can get many legacy sets from Alliance crates, but yeah, it sucks that they removed those from vendors.

That said, this is by far the easiest MMO to make money in I have ever seen.

Sooo not a new player then?

I disagree. There are a good number of newer items, of less rarity, that I regularly use to equip characters. Yet there are a good number of older items that I consider ugly and would never use, much less bother to unlock in collections.

As for prices... meh... I see old items and new items that are priced very high and others priced at give away prices. The only correlation here is player demand in conjunction with rarity ... which sellers meet via fair market pricing. Fair market pricing = the average listing price at which items actually sell in a timely manner... NOT whatever absurd price Joe Greedy lists something for.

What we have here is a "preference" issue. Different players have different preferences in armor appearance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Welcome to MMOs.. where items available in prior years are no longer available now.

Edited by Andryah

What we have here is a "preference" issue. Different players have different preferences in armor appearance. Nothing more, nothing less.

This.

My three mostest favouritest armour sets (as opposed to outfits constructed from pieces of different sets) are:

* Tactical Infantry Armour. This one drops from some Cartel Market pack or other and has interesting holographic effects when you draw your weapon.

* Shadowsilk Aegis (when worn by a Jedi). This is the lowest-level craftable tank-oriented Synthweaving set, and I just like the way it looks.

* Charged Hypercloth Force-Expert's Armour (suits a Sith). This is the requires-level-61 Synthweaving crafted DPS/Heal set, and looks like what the Dread Masters should have looked like, instead of all that black/yellow striped garbage. (Some people don't like the frilly stuff, but I think it adds something.)

Two out of the three are crafted, and the Shadowsilk one is crafted with the lowest-level materials in the game.

And if you don't like the fixed-stats nature, well, stick them in an Outfit Designer tab and you can keep the look forever.

My favorite armor sets all used to be on vendors (two on crystal vendors and one on Ziost), and now two of the three are simply gone, with the Ziost Citadel one still being in Alliance crates as Remnant Yavin.

Ziost armor vendor is selling armor again. Or was as of a few days ago when I checked.