Please consolidate APAC servers

Cheezfriend

Yet again the concerns of APAC gamers have been ignored. The population on Master Dar'Nala is a joke. No more than 30 players on Imperial fleet during the day and the most I have seen in the last month at peak time was 100, most nights its around 70.

Please bioware atleast acknowledge the issue with APAC server populations. We love having our.own servers and are greatful however people are leaving in droves. There are a handfull of hopefull players like myself clinging onto the possibility that something will be done soon. I have invested far too much time to reroll.

We just want people to play with and bioware to acknowledge our concerns.

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? We only have 3 servers and they are for different gamer types.

I say keep hardcore PvPers off the PvE servers, we don't need more "I have a huge epeen" players that force PvP on PvE players on the PvE servers. :mad:

PvE and PvP should never mix in any way what so ever in any MMORPG!

No to this idea. We are fine with them the way they are.

Besides you should get a huge influx of PvP players from WoW ect. when the game goes F2P. So will likely need all 3 servers. Not long to wait.

I say keep hardcore PvPers off the PvE servers, we don't need more "I have a huge epeen" players that force PvP on PvE players on the PvE servers. :mad:

I would be more than happy to be transfered to the pve server. Don't like pvp... Don't flag for it then! There is no world pvp on Master Dar'Nala anyway. You are lucky if you can rustle together players of your own faction on some planets.

No to this idea. We are fine with them the way they are.

Besides you should get a huge influx of PvP players from WoW ect. when the game goes F2P. So will likely need all 3 servers. Not long to wait.

All the PvPrs do on Master D is WZs anyway so when the servers merge...which they will eventually. I assure you your epeen will be quite safe. Thank you for being so welcoming I look forward to meeting you good sir. Edited by cuttothechase

I would be more than happy to be transfered to the pve server. Don't like pvp... Don't flag for it then! There is no world pvp on Master Dar'Nala anyway. You are lucky if you can rustle together players of your own faction on some planets.

In that case sadly you may have to wait till they bring in the transfer service for everyone to be able to move.

Sucks to be caught on a world where you don't really want to be.

Lets hope they bring it out soon after the current mergers and the unwanted worlds are gone, so everyone can be happy and have what has been asked for since pre-launch, player choice world transfers.

Not really any of my business since I play on NA servers, but wouldn't you guys rather be consolidated back on to NA or EU servers?

I understand that for the Aussies, the ping is much better, but not all Asia locations benefit from lower ping, and it seems if they consolidate you down to one server, then what? Nowhere to go from there.

Ping is a big issue with me as my ping would go up to 350 on EU or US servers where as on the Asia/Pacific servers its under 50

I don't see why the PVE and RP servers have to be separate, i have played on the RP servers and there is nothing different, you should be able to role play on PVE servers.

For the sake of populations i would suggest Bioware merge AP RP and PVE servers tonight!!

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

All the PvPrs do on Master D is WZs anyway so when the servers merge...which they will eventually. I assure you your epeen will be quite safe. Thank you for being so welcoming I look forward to meeting you good sir.

Would not be so anti PvP player if I had not be caught in the forced PvP so many times. I hate PvP with every fibre of my being so I choose to not play that way, but sadly with this games setup it can be forced and you will usually get ganked just for ****z and giggles. So maybe you are not like that, sadly so many PvPers are like that.

Anyway They will have transfers eventually I am sure and F2P should see PvP fill a bit as well.

As far as welcoming goes, I am to most, just not to gankers and sadly it's a rep most PvP players have had forced on them by the idiots. Sorry you feel offended for my sterotyping, but I can't really change about how I view PvP in general.

Edited by XyonicS

I would even throw my hard earned money at BW to transfer :)

I love the players on Master D but seeing the same players in level 50 WZs of which NO MORE than 2 run concurrently, the same ppl in ops, LFG etc. Makes me wonder why I pay a subscription.

Come on BW atleast acknowledge us!

you should be able to role play on PVE servers.

You're right, you should be able to. Unfortunately they started making seperate RP servers long ago for a reason.

Personally I have no issues with the server pop on Gav D but I will at least support you all if you wish to move but please leave those who want to stay behind. The community is everything to RPers and those who we know are desperate to get off of Gav D won't be missed.

Not really any of my business since I play on NA servers, but wouldn't you guys rather be consolidated back on to NA or EU servers?

I understand that for the Aussies, the ping is much better, but not all Asia locations benefit from lower ping, and it seems if they consolidate you down to one server, then what? Nowhere to go from there.

Not really an option, the only real reason to transfer is because of the population that BW can clearly fix. Our only hope now is for F2play to bring in the customers, if not then BW will be forced to X-server us with the US servers with similar time schedules to us.

Server consolidation is needed.

As a previous poster said there is NO, I repeat NO, world PvP on Master Dar Nala. I have leveled 8 characters to 50, do you want to know how many times I engaged in Open World PvP? 3 times. Twice on Belsavis, and once in the Voss Temple.

These servers need to be merged in to one. RP'ers can RP in their own chat. PVE'rs can PvE all they want. PvP'ers will still just sit on the fleet and wait for WZ's to pop.

Edited by scullzomben

RP'ers can RP in their own chat.

Not sure you get what RPing actually entails... our own chat is group chat, it's general chat, it's say, it's all chats.

So I guess that means you're happy for people to run Ops and FPs with you in character?

As a previous poster said there is NO, I repeat NO, world PvP on Master Dar Nala. I have leveled 8 characters to 50, do you want to know how many times I engaged in Open World PvP? 3 times. Twice on Belsavis, and once in the Voss Temple.

These servers need to be merged in to one. RP'ers can RP in their own chat. PVE'rs can PvE all they want. PvP'ers will still just sit on the fleet and wait for WZ's to pop.

Really? i've always had a scrap or two along the way to 80. Most of it seems to happen ontatooine,voss and alittle on belsavis.

That being said i will miss the world pvp when it happens, then again maybe i won't.

I think that's got a lot more to do with the heavy phasing separation on most worlds.

I wish there were mergers simply so I can hop into a wz and break your face to fix your prejudice. :wea_03:

If they merge the RP server they need to give the option to move to one of the US Rp servers. I suggest Ebon Hawk on the west side of the US. Simply because with the new network tunnel being forged through NZ to Amercia on the western side under the oceans, it might actually help.

TL;DR = Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala is lower population and should be merged with some other PvP server.

This is how the pop of the three APAC servers compares to the average server of their types, and versus SWTOR overall. These numbers represent the portion of players left compared to 6/27/2012. So for instance SWTOR overall has about 20% less logins than a couple months ago. Master Dar'Nala is only about 58% of what it was a couple of months ago - it's lost about 42% of it's population. (Link to how I got these numbers HERE.)

% of 6/27 population

All SWTOR servers 80%

All PvE 80%

Dalborra 82%

All RP PvE 99%

Gav Daragon 92%

All PvP 65%

Master Dar'Nala 58%

Dalborra is actually doing a tiny bit *better* than other PvE servers. Gav Daragon is doing a bit worse than other RP-PvE servers, because it's "only" at 92% of it's post transfer load, but that' means it's doing great!

Master Dar'Nala has lost a lot of people... more than even other PvP servers.

Paige

TL;DR = Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala is lower population and should be merged with some other PvP server.

This is how the pop of the three APAC servers compares to the average server of their types, and versus SWTOR overall. These numbers represent the portion of players left compared to 6/27/2012. So for instance SWTOR overall has about 20% less logins than a couple months ago. Master Dar'Nala is only about 58% of what it was a couple of months ago - it's lost about 42% of it's population. (Link to how I got these numbers HERE.)

% of 6/27 population

All SWTOR servers 80%

All PvE 80%

Dalborra 82%

All RP PvE 99%

Gav Daragon 92%

All PvP 65%

Master Dar'Nala 58%

Dalborra is actually doing a tiny bit *better* than other PvE servers. Gav Daragon is doing a bit worse than other RP-PvE servers, because it's "only" at 92% of it's post transfer load, but that' means it's doing great!

Paige

You don't play on our servers so I don't really appreciate you telling me they are fine. And now after the further mergers the gap between our servers and other PvE servers will be huge.

I don't really understand what you numbers even mean anyway, but a servers population is not fine if:

- In prime time WZ q's are 30mins at level 50

- In prime time random HM FPs q's are 30mins or more for even for tanks and heals

- Just out prime time or towards the end HM FPs are reaching over an hour in length

- The recruitment base for guilds is so low it takes weeks to recruit 1 ops spot.

BW need to get the head out of the sand.

Well, well, well. merge oceanic servers, cause you know you want to play with more people than the 15th you meet each time.

You wanna RP on general channel: good, do so, if i'm tired of reading you, disable general chat and bam.

You wanna gank me while i'm leveling: good, do so, if i'm tired of being ganked, i call the cavalery to help.

But FFS, let us have a healthy population plz. Or, if BW is too lazy to implement this, just close the apac servers, force us to xfer to US/EU ones, and see what happens. I'm not a fortune-teller, but i'm pretty sure most apac players will quit your game.

Please merge the servers or provide us with 1 week internal transfer servers, so that we can organised it ourselves....

(its important that we get 1 week so we can spread the information among our tiny population)

I'm sure most of the pvp'er would be happy to move into the PvE server (ganking doesn't happen anyway) this way we can keep everyone happy :).

% of 6/27 population

All SWTOR servers 80%

All PvE 80%

Dalborra 82%

All RP PvE 99%

Gav Daragon 92%

All PvP 65%

Master Dar'Nala 58%

Paige

i would like to partake in that fine herb you seem to be smoking good sir, peak time numbers on fleet is 30 on a Friday night, we are clearly fine right?

Good to see people are voicing their opinions regarding this issue. Keep it coming. I sent an email to bioware complaining how NOT ONE developer has acknowledged the issue of our population. BW replies to me and suggested i raise the issue in the suggestions forum so they moved this post there for me so atleast they are reading it! I'm glad a developer acknowledged earlier today that they were working on implementing 12 character slots to APAC servers!!!

How about a develer post something here please! That's what you are paid to do (at least I hope)