Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.9.2: Conquest Objectives will no longer grant repeat completion when changing zones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
5.9.2: Conquest Objectives will no longer grant repeat completion when changing zones

Darevsool
08.13.2018 , 10:27 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post

Many players would also love to have instant BIS gear, too. By your logic, BW should recognize that and change it too, right?

It's easier than ever to get BIS gear now, even on alts.
And guess what?
The same rules apply for your main that apply for your alts.
Do the work on the toon of your choice, get the points, and you can do the SAME work on an alt, on the same day, and earn the SAME amount of points.
No legacy restrictions there.

It isn't instant, but you can do several at a time if you want.
We want that chance back for conquest is what we're saying.
Now just another cog in the gaming machine.

olagatonjedi
08.13.2018 , 10:29 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Story Time for OJ:

Coca Cola reinvented Coke in the 80s. Remember that? After months of commercials telling the people it tasted better, was better than the old Coke, guess what? The feedback from the people was the New Coke sucked. No amount of explanation or positive reinforcement could change the minds of the consumers... And, guess what? Coke changed back to their old formula, and eventually ditched New Coke. This is what a "smart company" does.
Poor analogy, but ill respond.

Coke had a tried and true drink that they chose to change.

Pre-5.8 conquest was popular, but it BW has stated that it had functionality that was not intended, and needed a change.

Coke had the ability to go back to the tried and true methid without consequence.

BW doesnt have that luxury, because going back to that old system (or the unrestricted remnants) will once again reintroduce the unintended functionality.

Like i said, poor analogy.

olagatonjedi
08.13.2018 , 10:30 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
It's easier than ever to get BIS gear now, even on alts.
And guess what?
The same rules apply for your main that apply for your alts.
Do the work on the toon of your choice, get the points, and you can do the SAME work on an alt, on the same day, and earn the SAME amount of points.
No legacy restrictions there.

It isn't instant, but you can do several at a time if you want.
We want that chance back for conquest is what we're saying.
Did they get the gear instantly? Methinks you missed the point.

xordevoreaux
08.13.2018 , 10:34 AM | #194
Ok there's a couple of people in this thread who are going to feed off each other until Judgment Day, resolve absolutely nothing, and convince no one of anything, especially each other.

Have at each other, boys, you apparently have more fun sparring in your own self-styled debating arena then playing the game, so I won't even be posting in my own thread any more because a troll killed it a few pages ago and someone else gets energy by latching onto his every post.

So.
Enjoy.

I'm out.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Lhancelot
08.13.2018 , 11:14 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Ok there's a couple of people in this thread who are going to feed off each other until Judgment Day, resolve absolutely nothing, and convince no one of anything, especially each other.

Have at each other, boys, you apparently have more fun sparring in your own self-styled debating arena then playing the game, so I won't even be posting in my own thread any more because a troll killed it a few pages ago and someone else gets energy by latching onto his every post.

So.
Enjoy.

I'm out.
I find these kinds of comments a bit holier-than-thou tbh, but w/e. Writing nothing and not engaging "the troll" will get you nothing for sure, whereas engaging anyone and everyone could garner attention to the topic being discussed and lead to actual changes.

One side may never convince the other side, true. However, the discussion might reach others who can make actual changes for the betterment of the game so I don't view such discussions as a waste of time just because posters don't come to an absolute agreement.

Even I have considered OJ a "troll" but honestly calling someone such a thing when they disagree is a cop out imo. I don't even think he is a troll, I think he takes a stance that happens to be the exact stance someone very high up in the studio takes so engaging him could be good to present an opposing viewpoint.

Besides, sometimes engaging conversation with someone that has an opposite point of view leads to enlightenment.
If you care about the future of this game, please read this post by Joonbeams.
A "Ludicrous and Limited" Path to Tier 5 (a.k.a. the Case for Bolster to 258)
BW/EA, you will lose more players if you continue to punish PVP and alts.

olagatonjedi
08.13.2018 , 12:24 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I find these kinds of comments a bit holier-than-thou tbh, but w/e. Writing nothing and not engaging "the troll" will get you nothing for sure, whereas engaging anyone and everyone could garner attention to the topic being discussed and lead to actual changes.

One side may never convince the other side, true. However, the discussion might reach others who can make actual changes for the betterment of the game so I don't view such discussions as a waste of time just because posters don't come to an absolute agreement.

Even I have considered OJ a "troll" but honestly calling someone such a thing when they disagree is a cop out imo. I don't even think he is a troll, I think he takes a stance that happens to be the exact stance someone very high up in the studio takes so engaging him could be good to present an opposing viewpoint.

Besides, sometimes engaging conversation with someone that has an opposite point of view leads to enlightenment.
I appreciate the attempt to at least understand that there isnt a single point of view on every topic of conversation.

I honestly dont believe that a large portion of people look beyond their own affect when requesting changes to the game. Knowledge beyond the top layer offers insight as to decisions being made by the devs. Unfortunately, some people dont care and arent willing to look beyind their own biased reasons, but i refuse to believe everyone operates like that. Some players truly do have the games best interest in mind, and can come to an intelligent stance using feedback from both extremes, and everything in between, even when it doesnt necessarily affect them. I dont have to reply to every one that replies to me, but its more opportunity to illustrate my argument in a different manner that someone may finally understand. Afterall, we all learn and see things in different ways - i.e. verbal vs picture vs logically, etc.

phalczen
08.13.2018 , 08:44 PM | #197
The bottom line is that the situation pre 5.9.2 was an exploit, and deserved to be fixed. It is probably safe to say itís working as intended now. I think itís fair to assume that the developers donít intend for the mass killing of random mobs to be particularly worthwhile in terms of contributing to conquest on a regular basis. Itís a worthwhile debate as to whether that developer intent should change, but the fact remains that the exploit needed to be fixed.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

KendraP
08.14.2018 , 12:20 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
The bottom line is that the situation pre 5.9.2 was an exploit, and deserved to be fixed. It is probably safe to say itís working as intended now. I think itís fair to assume that the developers donít intend for the mass killing of random mobs to be particularly worthwhile in terms of contributing to conquest on a regular basis. Itís a worthwhile debate as to whether that developer intent should change, but the fact remains that the exploit needed to be fixed.
even fixed rampages are still the single biggest, repeatable method of gaining conquest. this week it was ~9000/day just for killing 300 random mobs on tatt/nar.

next biggest are unrepeatables - 7500 for the large one offs.

we can sit here debating how feasible alts should be all day; personally I feel my opinion is known and has not changed, but do not feel like re-engaging all that much. What am I accomplishing? They've obviously made up their minds to slowly eat away at anything I find slightly fun in this game...

olagatonjedi
08.14.2018 , 07:09 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
we can sit here debating how feasible alts should be all day; personally I feel my opinion is known and has not changed, but do not feel like re-engaging all that much. What am I accomplishing? They've obviously made up their minds to slowly eat away at anything I find slightly fun in this game...
Oftentimes, FUN is what you make it. Many people believe the game is currently at its highest in fun.