How to help the economy Item quality 0/100 = borken!

SepaAhazi

Reason why I'm posting this here is because it affects all the crafting profs...

When an Item reaches 0/100 quality, it should not be able to be repaired. Also, add the ability for craftings profs to be able to repair an item back up to 50% of max quality. IE: A 0/100 item repaired by a synthweaver would then be 50/50 after repair.

This would help the economy and the crafting trade...

What do you think?

A single death in an operation wont break the item to 0/100. What I'm saying is when the item is at 20/100 or 45/100 it can still be repaired to 100/100. BUT when the item is 0/100 it needs a REAL person to fix it. This will prevent someone from buying once and never buying an item again.

A single death in an operation wont break the item to 0/100. What I'm saying is when the item is at 20/100 or 45/100 it can still be repaired to 100/100. BUT when the item is 0/100 it needs a REAL person to fix it. This will prevent someone from buying once and never buying an item again.

what?

I get where you're coming from, but it's already hard enough to make credits in this game and having to buy more wouldn't actually change the amount of credits someone makes because everyone would have to buy gear more often. Which means that while you're able to sell more of your gear, you'd have to buy more gear from others. Plus once you get to end game content and you're picking up raid gear, if it suddenly hit 0/100 or whatever and you had to get a new piece of that raid gear... that would SUCK.

No if you want to help the economy remove all but level 50 commendation vendors. Then give those recipes to their respective crafting professions. Bam, overnight you will have people actually having to buy from other players instead of getting them for free from the game.

Also note this would have solved the slicing issue without a nerf also because then they would have had to pay other players as well, funneling that money back into the player base.

crafter need repeat customers or its all for nothing. If your armor is broken it shouldnt be able to be repaired. I do believe it says that in game.

Sick and tired of mmo's cattering to the combatants and the i want everything easy crowd.

The economy will never settle and crafting will never amount ot much if you dont take items out of play and make people buy more items. Once a level 50 has max everything and has everything the way they like it, you dont need to buy much from vendors/crafters.

The commedations need to go. Or remove items that can be crafted from the vendors (weaons, armor, etc) and actualy give us rewards that are more than just things of this nature.

So i agree with the op. Crafting is just as important to me as anything else. Its the second part of a mmo.

On the up side of this, if people need to buy new stuff, crafters will pay for resources. Even if a combatant needs to replace a suit of armor, they can sell resources and other items and probably make more anyways. This will keep the economy flowing and repeat customers coming back. Its basic economy.

And for the idiots telling op to get a better education, its actualy you that need one. Its basic econ 101. Something you would have known if you were educated.

crafter need repeat customers or its all for nothing. If your armor is broken it shouldnt be able to be repaired. I do believe it says that in game.

Sick and tired of mmo's cattering to the combatants and the i want everything easy crowd.

The economy will never settle and crafting will never amount ot much if you dont take items out of play and make people buy more items. Once a level 50 has max everything and has everything the way they like it, you dont need to buy much from vendors/crafters.

The commedations need to go. Or remove items that can be crafted from the vendors (weaons, armor, etc) and actualy give us rewards that are more than just things of this nature.

So i agree with the op. Crafting is just as important to me as anything else. Its the second part of a mmo.

On the up side of this, if people need to buy new stuff, crafters will pay for resources. Even if a combatant needs to replace a suit of armor, they can sell resources and other items and probably make more anyways. This will keep the economy flowing and repeat customers coming back. Its basic economy.

And for the idiots telling op to get a better education, its actualy you that need one. Its basic econ 101. Something you would have known if you were educated.

Thanks for the reply. In fact, I just graduated with an Econ Degree. I hate to bring it up but SWG had the perfect system for the economy. Even if you went to repair, there was a chance that the item you were wearing would break completely.