Gunship availability

DonWild

I left the game some years back and then I heard about Starfighter pvp. Since I love flight sims, I resubscribed and am currently relearning a much different game. Mostly I like it. However, I didn't get my subscription in in time to qualify for the Gunship. I'm Maxing out a scout now.

Question: When the January availability for non subs comes up, will the subscribers who missed out on Gunships get access to them as they did the scouts and SF's? And if so, will they have to purchase them or will they be granted a couple free so they can start modding them up? I love my scout...but Gunships do make you feel like you flew into a bug zapper. Almost topped out the scout, interested in trading up to big guns.

Question: When the January availability for non subs comes up, will the subscribers who missed out on Gunships get access to them as they did the scouts and SF's? And if so, will they have to purchase them or will they be granted a couple free so they can start modding them up? I love my scout...but Gunships do make you feel like you flew into a bug zapper. Almost topped out the scout, interested in trading up to big guns.

Yes, they will have access to gunships.

No, they will need to purchase them.

At the launch of 2.5.2:

• The existing Gunship variants Quarrel and Mangler will be available for purchase in the Hangar with Fleet Requisition for all Subscribers and Preferred-status players.

• New Gunship variants Comet Breaker and Dustmaker will be available for purchase in the Hangar with Fleet Requisition.

• New Premium Strongarm and Demolisher Gunships will be found in Dogfighter's packs. These are alternate looks for the Comet Breaker and Dustmaker.

Edited by TrinityLyre

From Feb 4th when the last of the f2p get access to GSF and the bombers are released will see an extra two gunships, plus 3 bombers added for purchase.

As with most you have access automatic for one type, then one will be unlockable with fleet req's, and the other is unlockable with cartel coins.

on pts the currently the cc gunship and bomber will cost if i remember right 1500 coins. the ones you can unlock with fleet req's are around 5000 fleet reqs.

Hope this helps a little.

I'd like to point out that I'm a subscriber but I don't have access to any of the gunships. 2 show up as available for purchase on the hanger for requisition. I currently have 3,501 requisition and the Gunship I'm attempting to purchase is only 2,500 requisition but it won't let me make the purchase, keeps saying I need more requisition to unlock it :(

I'd like to point out that I'm a subscriber but I don't have access to any of the gunships. 2 show up as available for purchase on the hanger for requisition. I currently have 3,501 requisition and the Gunship I'm attempting to purchase is only 2,500 requisition but it won't let me make the purchase, keeps saying I need more requisition to unlock it :(

I assume you're talking about have 3501 fleet requisition, not ship?

I assume you're talking about have 3501 fleet requisition, not ship?

This. It sounds like you may be confusing ship reqs for the fleet reqs cost of purchasing a new craft.

You have ship requisitions (green, tied to craft, so different totals on each craft, use to buy components and component upgrades) and fleet requisitions (pink, use on any craft, or to buy new ships or crew).

You earn fleet requisitions at a rate of one for every ten ship requisitions.

If you buy a ship component or upgrade but don't have sufficient ship reqs, you can use fllet reqs to top up. Fleet reqs are so useful you don't want to do this accidentally (game gives a warning), only if you're consciously maxing a ship as fast as possible.

Lastly, you can convert ship reqs to fleet reqs at a 1-for-1 rate, but it costs you 1 Cartel Coin to convert 25. So converting 2500 ship reqs to fleet reqs costs 100 CC. Click the converter thingy at the top of your hangar to access that.