Funny Moment

RebekahWSD

Just wanted to share a funny moment from a recent match.

I'm involved in a pretty active defense of B in Kuat Mesas. You know, the one with all the girders and obstacles. :)

Mid fight the battery in my mouse gives out! After a moment I realize that I'm not going to crash. By sheer luck my reticule froze in a turn that is actually clear of the scaffolding. I go charging into the kitchen to grab a new battery and return to find that I have miraculously not been shot down!

Just as I get the new battery in the match ends. (Victory)

Biggest adrenaline boost the game has given me thus far.

Retro thrusters work if you're about to collide.

I think he was referring to the thrill of rushing backward, hoping your spatial awareness is good enough such that you are rushing backward into empty space and not one of those stubborn girders.

I think he was referring to the thrill of rushing backward, hoping your spatial awareness is good enough such that you are rushing backward into empty space and not one of those stubborn girders.

Exactly. Especially when I just spent the last minute weaving through said girders/past the satellite solar panels/ around the asteroids. I've gotten pretty good, and rarely have a self-inflicted-casualty, but I never stop feeling that moment of panic wondering if I've lined it up right...

Half of my deaths are from accidentally hitting "3" instead of hitting "E". So instead of targeting someone I barrel roll into something.

I really need to map some commands to my mouse buttons.

I think I'll do the same. I've also hit "1" to switch secondary weapons mid-missile lock when trying to hit "2" for quick charge shield activation. Talk about a **** up. Also, I wonder if it would be possible for a mouse sensitivity slider in the galactic starfighter controls section of preferences?

Edited by Kain_Turinbar