4 or 5 accuracy pieces at dread master tier?

AAAAzrael

I currently have 3 DM accuracy pieces and I am using one DF enhancement + 1 augment for 99,97% accuracy. I am however not sure if the trade off is worth it. Excessive accuracy over 100% seems like a waste hence I went this route. What do you guys think anybody done any theory crafting on this?

• 2 weeks later...

I see you are partly a df slinger. Tell me what is worse for you personally. Having slightly less dps consistently or having a chance that your DoT will not apply.

Honestly I just go for the 100% accuracy. Dont think it is worth replacing until 4 pieces + 1 aug can give you 100%.

Just my opinion though.

I am more thinking of augment part. Missing 3 dot applications in every 10000 is negligible in my book, I am more wondering with main stat loss to be honest. I don't like the wasted upgrades with nearly 102% accuracy. What i everybody else using at this point? I am sure lots of slingers have 3-4 DM tier accuracy pieces. I know our guardian is using similar setup and getting crazy numbers.

While having a lower accuracy might be better for your dps on average you can not think that way when doing NiM content.

What if your wounding shots missed a few times for example? I'm sure it won't happen that often but still. Loosing those wounding shots might cause an enrage on NiM.

As an example the interrupt ability of tanks/healers. At Draxus they are on interrupt duty and 99 out of the 100 times it goes okey. But recently we had in a matter of 1 night at least 3 or 4 misses.

In short, play it on safe when the stakes are high ;-)

We are talking 99,97% accuracy - that is 3 misses in 10 000 ability uses. I am pretty sure that my personal 'miss rate' is higher when I make mistake in my rotation and miss an interrupt ;)

I am getting the argument with augment slot though - I will try to find time to do some more testing in both configurations then. Maybe I should have gone for surge implants....

We are talking 99,97% accuracy - that is 3 misses in 10 000 ability uses.

DoTs and channels have many chances to miss though.

And while going over 100% isn't great, with an offhand weapon it's not a complete waste either.

• 2 weeks later...
DoTs and channels have many chances to miss though.

And while going over 100% isn't great, with an offhand weapon it's not a complete waste either.

This. And personally I do not like the cunning loss for a little extra surge. I would say its worth it if you are on a class that auto crits or doesnt have 9% ms boost, but on a slinger I, personally, do not like to depend on favorable crit RNG for my gear to work.

Put its up to your own priorities and playstyle. I feel like when we are full DM you can swap out one acc with one surge piece, but until then stick with 100+ acc.