A Challenge to the Developers

Merovingiana

I challenge the devs (that are so inclined) to create Republic healers and pvp on a "Light" PvP server (most of them even still and in a month's time all but one). I challenge them to see firsthand what they've dished out to us.

1) We, the Republic, are outnumbered and outgeared. The loss rewards do not even come close to making me interested in pvping. (To the inevitable snarky Imperial reply, have fun playing Huttball).

2) We, healers, earn far fewer medals by doing our jobs than dps. So the only way we can receive comparable medals is to break from healing and dps (letting our team down) or just completely respec dps (fewer healers to go around).

3) We, higher leveled/geared characters, are punished for carrying our teams.

I do agree the losing rewards were too high before, but getting 15 commendations for top healing (e.g. doing my job) is ridiculous and a complete waste of my time.

I challenge the devs (that are so inclined) to create Republic healers and pvp on a "Light" PvP server (most of them even still and in a month's time all but one). I challenge them to see firsthand what they've dished out to us.

1) We, the Republic, are outnumbered and outgeared. The loss rewards do not even come close to making me interested in pvping. (To the inevitable snarky Imperial reply, have fun playing Huttball).

2) We, healers, earn far fewer medals by doing our jobs than dps. So the only way we can receive comparable medals is to break from healing and dps (letting our team down) or just completely respec dps (fewer healers to go around).

3) We, higher leveled/geared characters, are punished for carrying our teams.

I do agree the losing rewards were too high before, but getting 15 commendations for top healing (e.g. doing my job) is ridiculous and a complete waste of my time.

Typical healer QQ.

1. Refers to carrying the team, even though you would make a horrible dps player (just like all healers that are used to spamming 2-3 heal buttons and playing whack a mole with health bars, which is something little kids master at chuck e cheese).

2. Is mad you can no longer make up for bad players. You aren't supposed to be able to make up for bad players...DUH it is a team game.

3. Inserts gear nonsense. Uh if you have less geared, crappy players you aren't going to win against better geared, better players who may also have a healer (who isn't crying and is probably much better then you).

4. Plays female char as a dude.

Nothing we haven't seen in any MMO. Healers are the biggest QQ'rs. Second in line is the "mage class". I am guess you are a sage/sorc. So you prob want to end it all right now.

My challenge to this and any other healer. Make a dps class. Seeing you all want to cry about marauder/sent? Choose that one. Make videos of complete warzones where you"carry the other team".

When you can't? Admit you are an idiot.

Edited by biowareftw

1) You seem to assume that we can't dps (that is, on a dps character). I could make just as facetious a comment about your facerolling as dps. You assume that healing requires no talent, whereas dpsing does. Interesting.

2) You seem to think I should condescend to your playstyle. I made not such requirement of you. I personally prefer healing over dpsing. I do not care to dps in a pvp setting, that's just how I have played for the last 5 MMOs.

3) If you don't want healing, good for you. You're probably one of those types that think there should be no healing whatsoever in pvp. To each their own. However, it is funny how many people complain about not getting healed.

4) My comment about carrying the team had nothing to do with being a healer. If you actually read what I said instead of pursuing a "prima facia" understanding of the statement, you would have seen higher leveled/geared. I did not say "I'm God's gift to ToR. As a healer, I am owed commendations." Nope, I said as a higher geared/leveled character (addressing both the 10-49 and 50 brackets), I pay for the deficiencies of others (gear or level). If my individual performance is good, I should be rewarded accordingly. If my individual performance is terrible, I should be rewarded accordingly. I should not be able to win the warzone for 8 people. That was a gross misinterpretation of what I said.

5) Yes, warzones are a team effort. I get that. However, I have no control over who my teammates are. In non-rated warzones, individual performance should trump team performance. Think differently? Fine, that's your opinion, just as this is mine. However, when the Republic has little incentive to actually pvp with you Imperials, because you can fill up pre-mades, have fun doing the only warzone you will ever do. I have no more control of the Imperial:Republic ratios than you do. I do not blame you for taking an opinion that is clearly to your advantage as an Imperial. But when you get tired of Huttball, just remember exactly why you are.